Original P1/P2 Vs 20th Anniversary Rerelease

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of getting a P1 and or P2, but, I am not sure whether I should get an original P1 or P2 off eBay or whether I should buy one of the modern rereleases of the P1/P2 which came out in 2018. Is there much difference between the original ones and the 2018 version?

The most notable thing about the remakes is that they have penalties for overdoing snacks, which can lead to poor-care characters or an early death, depending on how much you overdo it.

Other than that, the remakes use one CR2032 battery each, and the originals use two LR44 batteries each. If you already run other later Tamagotchis that use CR2032s, the remakes might work out to be more convenient in the long run for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most notable thing about the remakes is that they have penalties for overdoing snacks, which can lead to poor-care characters or an early death, depending on how much you overdo it.

Other than that, the remakes use one CR2032 battery each, and the originals use two LR44 batteries each. If you already run other later Tamagotchis that use CR2032s, the remakes might work out to be more convenient in the long run for this reason.
Thanks. I didn’t know about the snacks thing. I already have an angel and a devil so I have LR44 batteries.

I heard that on the remakes it is easier to keep old tamas alive than it is on the original P1s/P2s as on the remakes the rate at which an old tama’s hearts drop is capped at 1 per 17 minutes but on the originals your old tama will eventually get as needy as a baby (so dropping a heart every 3-5 mins). I would prefer more of a challenge, so I think I’ll go for the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back