Wich Tamagotchi should I buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cisco

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm a new member of this forum. I'm an italian guy, so sorry for the bad english, but I'm trying my best. You can call me Cisco.
I had a Tamagotchi Connection V3 when I was a kid, so I bought one a few months ago. I actually like it; it's great, simple and fun. It's a Jungle Camoflage one, it's really cute.
Lately, I was thinking of buying a new Tamagotchi. I have enough money, so I'd like to order one online. But I can't decide wich one!
I'd love to buy a V6 Music Star, but I have not enough money. So, I found some version wich I can buy. I'm interested in one of these, actually:

• Tamagotchi Connection V5 Familitchi
    I think it's a great Tama, I tried it when one of my friend had one. I like it, even if I think it's my leat favourite Connection because there isn't much to do. I like the family system, but it start being boring after a while. Character aren't really different and I'm afraid I'll get the same families every time.
  • Tamagotchi Angel
    I'd like to buy this one, even if I don't really love the characters. I think they are cute, but really similar. I'll obviously buy a Japanese version, but it isn't such a problem, 'cause I'll watch some video online to see how the Tama works.
  • Tamagotchi Ocean
    I love the design and the concept: a water Tamagotchi? Awesome, even if the character aren't really a lot. I'd like tu buy this instead of the other two, but I'm afraid 'cause everyone say it's... way too hard. Ok, something challenging isn't such a problem to me (in particoular during boring time), and I can Pause it everytime I want too (I'm not the type of owner who hate to Pause his Tamas). I mean, I like Tamagotchis, but I have lots of other things to do, so I cant't stay 24/7 on it. But everyone started to say this Tama's impossible, too hard and stuff like that. I'd love to buy it, but I don't know, now... is it really so hard?

So, can you guys help me? I'd really like any suggestion. Thanks!

Tamagotchi ocean needs a lot of care, and a lot is up to chance even if you take perfect care of it, definitely not a tama for someone who has other things to do.

The V5 is a bit boring imo, especially since it takes a lot of grinding to get high bonding levels (needed to get certain pure families).

The angel is probably the best option, it evolves once per day, but if you're used to a V3, you might find it a little boring.

Try for a V4 or a V4.5 if you really can't afford the music star, though you can find some in the $35 AUD range.

V2's also a good choice if you like the V3, and they can talk to each other. That said, it is basically just the same as the V3 and with less stuff (but it has Kusatchi, so that's always a good choice XD)
If you want to go more vintage (since you listed Umi and Angel), Morino is a very unique tama with cool bug sprites, and while it's a LITTLE demanding because of the frog and person attacks that can happen to your tama, it's not that hard to get what you want (I just have alarms set on my phone for when it's going to get attacked XD)
You could also always try out an original or remake P1/P2. The new shells that came out with the remakes look really cool, and it's fun to see where everything started.

Tamagotchi ocean needs a lot of care, and a lot is up to chance even if you take perfect care of it, definitely not a tama for someone who has other things to do.
The V5 is a bit boring imo, especially since it takes a lot of grinding to get high bonding levels (needed to get certain pure families).
The angel is probably the best option, it evolves once per day, but if you're used to a V3, you might find it a little boring.
Try for a V4 or a V4.5 if you really can't afford the music star, though you can find some in the $35 AUD range.
Ok so, I can remove from the list the V5.
I looked for a V4.5 online, but nothing I can afford. I found a V4 for just 30$ and that's not bad, but eh, it's just that I'm afraid it's too similar to the V3. Yes, I like my V3, but I want to try something different from the classic ones, even because I've a Friends I can start whenever I want.

The Angel REALLY evolves once per day? Man, that's pretty strange. I think that's not what I'm looking for, then. I wasn't really an Angelgotchi fan even before anyway.

V2's also a good choice if you like the V3, and they can talk to each other. That said, it is basically just the same as the V3 and with less stuff (but it has Kusatchi, so that's always a good choice XD)
If you want to go more vintage (since you listed Umi and Angel), Morino is a very unique tama with cool bug sprites, and while it's a LITTLE demanding because of the frog and person attacks that can happen to your tama, it's not that hard to get what you want (I just have alarms set on my phone for when it's going to get attacked XD)
You could also always try out an original or remake P1/P2. The new shells that came out with the remakes look really cool, and it's fun to see where everything started.
I like V2's shells, but I don't really care about the comunication between Tamas, because I've a friend with a V3 too (Anyway, I love Kusatchi!).
And ohh, the Morino. I forgot about that one when I created this post, but that's actually a cool vintage too! And y'know, I actually like bug characters as much as Ocean's one (just think I catch at least one Bug Pokémon in every game). My problem with the Morino is that I read online it's way too easy. Connexion are easy too, but they have more things to do, while a Vintage (Yeah, I'd like to try a Vintage one, as y'all have probably understood) can get pretty boring fast, if it doesn't ask for anything all day. But maybe I just read comment of people with a lot of free time to spend on Tamas, Idk.

So, in the end, I just have to decide a Morino and an Ocean. I like them both.
The Ocean is great because I love the shell (even if I never had a Tama without a blue shell lol) and the characters, even if they are, like, 10 (?), the water-effect on the screen and the animations (the Tama disappearing from the screen while he swim is really cute).
The Morino is also great, I heard he lives more and I appreciate the screensave. It also has more characters and two eggs.

I want a new Tamagotchi that can go with my times (I don't know if this phrase is actually correct...? Sorry, I'm just a student. Anyway, y'know what I mean), something that doesn't result boring and way too calm, but neither something wich calls me every 5-10 minutes, forcing me to Pause it costantly (as I said, I'm a student, and even if I spend time inside my house for studying during fall and winter time, I can't just watch my Tama every 10 minute because I have to stay focused on books too).

I know I'm a person with difficult tastes, but I don't buy online often, so I wanna be sure to spend my money in the right way. I even search online for the Ocean and Morino's sound quality - just to be sure, obviously.

If no one of these can be perfect for me, well, I think I'll just buy an used V4 (even if I hate used object...) - work and similar things are nice, and the shell are the best. And I like the little antenna of the V4. So just let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so, I can remove from the list the V5.
I looked for a V4.5 online, but nothing I can afford. I found a V4 for just 30$ and that's not bad, but eh, it's just that I'm afraid it's too similar to the V3. Yes, I like my V3, but I want to try something different from the classic ones, even because I've a Friends I can start whenever I want.

The Angel REALLY evolves once per day? Man, that's pretty strange. I think that's not what I'm looking for, then. I wasn't really an Angelgotchi fan even before anyway.

I like V2's shells, but I don't really care about the comunication between Tamas, because I've a friend with a V3 too (Anyway, I love Kusatchi!).
And ohh, the Morino. I forgot about that one when I created this post, but that's actually a cool vintage too! And y'know, I actually like bug characters as much as Ocean's one (just think I catch at least one Bug Pokémon in every game). My problem with the Morino is that I read online it's way too easy. Connexion are easy too, but they have more things to do, while a Vintage (Yeah, I'd like to try a Vintage one, as y'all have probably understood) can get pretty boring fast, if it doesn't ask for anything all day. But maybe I just read comment of people with a lot of free time to spend on Tamas, Idk.

So, in the end, I just have to decide a Morino and an Ocean. I like them both.
The Ocean is great because I love the shell (even if I never had a Tama without a blue shell lol) and the characters, even if they are, like, 10 (?), the water-effect on the screen and the animations (the Tama disappearing from the screen while he swim is really cute).
The Morino is also great, I heard he lives more and I appreciate the screensave. It also has more characters and two eggs.

I want a new Tamagotchi that can go with my times (I don't know if this phrase is actually correct...? Sorry, I'm just a student. Anyway, y'know what I mean), something that doesn't result boring and way too calm, but neither something wich calls me every 5-10 minutes, forcing me to Pause it costantly (as I said, I'm a student, and even if I spend time inside my house for studying during fall and winter time, I can't just watch my Tama every 10 minute because I have to stay focused on books too).

I know I'm a person with difficult tastes, but I don't buy online often, so I wanna be sure to spend my money in the right way. I even search online for the Ocean and Morino's sound quality - just to be sure, obviously.

If no one of these can be perfect for me, well, I think I'll just buy an used V4 (even if I hate used object...) - work and similar things are nice, yeah...
I think the V4 is sufficiently different from the V3.  It has a cool job function.

Ok, so.

I tried to buy a V4. It was a Glow in the Dark version, and that is pretty cool!
But the seller is from USA, so he contact me and said he can't send that Tama to Italy, even because the price, in that case, will be higher; that's sad. Here in Europe NO ONE sell a Tamagotchi V4/4.5 for less than 80 euros (wich are, like, 90$ I guess).
Then I said "Well, that's it, it doesn't matter. I'll try next time" and I bought an Ocean. I don't care if it's so difficoult now, I appreciate a little challenge. I'll buy something different in the next future (after all I spent 39$ for this Ocean, it isn't so bad!).

Thank you two guys. I think mods can close this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back