What Tamagotchi is This?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatareyoutalkingabout

Reaction score
I have a green vintage Tamagotchi that I got when I was in Japan. For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is.

EDIT: found a shareable photo link of the Tamagotchi, so here we go!
Y00GnKC.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try uploading the picture to an outside server, like imgur.com, and giving us a link.

This is not a Tamagotchi, but a different virtual pet entirely (the instructions in the picture are from a Tamagotchi, though).

The virtual pet here is a Karugamo Land ("Duck Land") virtual duck. The English version was sold under the name "My Duck".

Karugamo Land/My Duck is a shell variant of the Guappi duck, which is a duck virtual pet based on the Gyaoppi programming.

I hope that this helps! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a Tamagotchi, but a different virtual pet entirely (the instructions in the picture are from a Tamagotchi, though).

The virtual pet here is a Karugamo Land ("Duck Land") virtual duck. The English version was sold under the name "My Duck".

Karugamo Land/My Duck is a shell variant of the Guappi duck, which is a duck virtual pet based on the Gyaoppi programming.

I hope that this helps! :)
I just got it to start up a couple hours ago and noticed it was duck themed!

Also, I can read some Japanese and I know the characters on the instruction manual too, and it came with this V pet, so I just assumed it had to be a Tamagotchi!

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help!
No problem!

The quality of the Gyaoppi-based pets can vary wildly (for example, the Penpy penguin one is terrible), but as far as I know, the duck on this one should be the same as the one on the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1, which is a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of the good Gyaoppi-based pets.

Enjoy it! :D

No problem!

The quality of the Gyaoppi-based pets can vary wildly (for example, the Penpy penguin one is terrible), but as far as I know, the duck on this one should be the same as the one on the Super Gyaoppi 9 in 1, which is a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of the good Gyaoppi-based pets.

Enjoy it! :D
Actually, the batteries bulge out so much that I can’t entirely close the back.

The screen is very dim, and the buttons are also hard to press. Then again, it was used also.

Not sure I’ll keep running it because of this, but it’s definitely something cool to have! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back