Tamagotchi heartbeats/ other sound anomalies

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirorirotchi

Reaction score
I saw this mentioned a lot way back in 2004/5 when people were first getting their V3s. V3s make this very quiet ticking sound, which kinda sounds like a heartbeat or a clock. One of the main points of discussion back then was why the v3 had a heartbeat, but the other connections didn't. since I started collecting, i've noticed that none of my collection other than the v3s made the sound, not even the keitais, which I expected to have that in common. I thought it was really true that the v3s were just an anomaly and were the only ones that did it, but today I recieved a 2010 nano in the mail and found out that it also has a heartbeat! So this is partly a question to other collectors of many breeds of tama: do you know of any others that make the sound? I'm surprised that, between keitais and akais and the earlier connections, the nano of all things would be the one to share a weird trait like that.

On the topic of odd sounds, I also observed something else. I have in my posession four v3s. Three of them, my pink ice cream, translucent pink and green hibiscus, have the old "tamagotchi connection" logo with mimitchi in the O. The zebra has a newer logo that jsut says "tamagotchi" and has mametchi instead. My zebra, ice cream and hibiscus tamas all sound exactly the same, however, the translucent one's sound is just a tiny bit lower than the others. The only other notable difference is that it has a pink and yellow dots background instead of the blue and yellow boxes like the rest. Has anyone else noticed some of their tamas sounding different than their same-version siblings, or is it perhaps a difference between waves?

If I remember correctly, both my V2 (a flowery pink one) and V3 (a translucent green one) have that kind of 'heartbeat'. I can hear it when it's really quiet and the tamas are close to me, or just by holding the tama close to my ear. It isn't too bothersome but I'd honestly prefer if they didn't make that noise at all. I'm also pretty sure my other tamas don't make the noise.

As for the topic of lower sounds, I've noticed that the sounds of my silver V4 are quite low, at least compared to the others. It has bothered me a little since they feel so... deep, while the others are softer if that makes sense.  :D

Has anyone else noticed some of their tamas sounding different than their same-version siblings, or is it perhaps a difference between waves?
You might want to go and take a look at this thread;

Your observations might be a useful contribution there, especially if you're able to run a ROM test on the units concerned, as well.

ALL of my connections 'tick'. I've got a V2, a V3, an Ura, a V4.5, and a V5, and they all tick out seconds. I haven't noticed my vintages or colors do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back