bannerrrrrr3.png

Hello and welcome to my mega bootleg log, and also first log ever! 
I will be running a bunch of different bootlegs and knockoffs, some of which are obscure. If you have any questions about one, please leave a question and I will reply to it in the next entry.

Where to find fakes: eBay is good for older knockoffs from the 90's, while Aliexpress is great for finding new ones. Taobao also has a lot,  but you might need a middleman depending on where you live. I don't recommend buying any besides M&D ones (QPet, Nana Moon, etc.) because they tend to be really bad otherwise.

First up is the Crystal Warriors 10th Anniversary game. Info links:

English instructions here.

Baidu article here.

All 130 episodes of Crystal Warriors here.

Pics of the box.

After doing some research it turns out the cartoon was only 8 years old at the time these were released, but apparently in order to coincide with the Pendulum 20th Anniversaries M&D made this rerelease. The instructions also state that there are 4 different versions, similar to the real Pendulum releases, but this is false and they all have Vritramon. (However, the original release of this did have 4 and had more care features, and there's always a possibility of M&D releasing more in the future.) This probably isn’t going to fool anyone, but is it a bad knockoff? Surprisingly, no. I’ve never played a Digimon before and am not that familiar with them, but from what I’ve seen it is kinda similar.
There are 6 different tournaments, and I have 3 more to go. Then, there is a final boss. After that I have to replay through everything again in order to get 200% completion, so nothing will be missed. 

Recap of Day 1, Sorry no photos this time: 
I started the Crystal Warrior up, and right off the bat I knew this wasn’t going to be a standard vpet. It’s more of a game that mimics a virtual pet. This was surprising since the Nana Moon minis have all their features entact, but not these. Unfortunately, when M&D pumped these out to cash in on the anniversary Pendulums, they got rid of pet functions. There's still an incentive to check on it, since its power will slowly deplete every few hours. I just put the tab back in when I'm busy since it has a save feature.

After reading the instructions and grinding with the 3 games to buy a crystal, it was time to enter the first tournament. Evolving the monster makes it very OP, rendering the Help feature obsolete since using crystals to evolve is necessary to win. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a swift victory. The second one was harder, since I tried relying on the Help. That ended up backfiring, and I lost during the 4th round. For “Help,” there are 3 other characters to choose from, which are from the 3 other versions. Each swapped warrior replaces Vritramon and evolves into its second form to attack, but can only be used once per tournament. Battles only last a few rounds, even if both are still standing. Whoever has the most HP left wins. Since HP doesn’t replenish between rounds, I was lucky to have even made it that far. When you lose, the warrior’s power/training bar stays the same but you have to try again. There’s a progress page that shows total battles won (regardless if the tourney is lost) and the total completion rate. 
After grinding for more money and rebuying the crystal, it was pretty easy. Rinse and repeat for round 3, and I have 3 more to go.

Now, this is kind of a nitpick, but the spritework on this is kind of mediocre. Some of the characters look poorly drawn. I understand that a lot of detail needs to be added in a small space, but sometimes the results leave me scratching my head.

image1.png

I mean, I can kind of see how the sprite matches the drawing, but this was my first impression without knowing what it was supposed to be.
Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Like 2

Based on the instruction manual, this thing seems to be ripping off the Digivice iC x10-x20 

• Thanks 1

I know this is kind of off-topic but, if you can draw can you draw Lovesoratchi x Yumemitchi? If you could that would be much appreciated. (Why Yumemitchi x Lovesoratchi you ask? well i think they look so similar. I think they where made for each-other! ^-^ ) 

@darkmagic616 It is. A lot of the graphics are copied or at least heavily borrowed from those versions. It even has the same RPM screen, and the mechanic where stopping at a certain point on the meter unleashes a more powerful attack. They didn’t change a thing! What an odd knockoff- the case rips off one version and the gameplay rips off another.

@MarcoFusion Sorry, but no. Any more drawings will be for this log. Now, if you request a character from stuff I’m currently running (like Crystal Warriors right now), then okay ;D

Day 2

Using the reset trick to pause it caused the memory to wipe last time, so I’m at square one. This entry will mostly be pics I wasn’t able to get last time. Pics will cover tournaments 1-2 There are a ton of photos, so here is a link to the PostImg gallery:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1t219npvq/

In the meantime, I will be looking for a better image hosting site and working on day 3’s entry.

Edited by OneSummerDream
  • Like 2

Another day, another tournament. Again, apply all the stuff about minigame training from the previous days, and done. I prefer the first minigame, since you’re almost always guaranteed to get $200, as opposed to the other two. The catching one is also okay, and sometimes gives more than $200, but sometimes it only goes to around $100.

This is getting so boring T_T Going for 200% doesn’t seem worth it, so I’ll just complete the main game. I really want to see the final boss, and after you beat it you get a special crystal. If it can be used repeatedly (to avoid endless grinding), then I’ll go for it.

Tip: How to mega attack: Quickly start pressing B and gradually slow down as the counter goes down, but never stop. If you can pull this off successfully, it will work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qzxvkjfn4dyccu/AABkF49vUTWTRmKyjHbClbkwa?dl=0

• Like 1

Day 4

Same old, same old. This time I had to grind after leaving it alone for a few days; the power meter was almost empty. I mostly played the first minigame again, forming strategies like constantly shooting or doing so in a wave pattern. I also played the third game a few times too, since it’s easy to just mash B when doing something else.

This is where things get real. You will want the power bar to be at 100%. After training, head over to the tournament and get ready to fight again! In order to be successful, it’s recommended that you use the tip in the last entry to ensure Vritramon does his special attack, because failing to do so will make it very hard to survive the tournament. The AI is smarter at this point, and will constantly dodge attacks. They won’t do much damage per hit, but it adds up! Either defeat or outlast each opponent to win. If you succeed, that makes only two more tournaments to go, and then the final boss. Yay! 

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykg3osjmnhc5ot3/AABeXHK7xG2hhn7tUiF-toGua?dl=0

Tip: Do not buy/use cheap weapons especially later on. If the spirit unleashed from the weapon dies, so will Vritramon. It’s a really awful mechanic, so be forewarned.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, I haven’t had the time to continue my log until now. I will be running this handwarmer pet for a week. These don’t have a specific product name, but on Aliexpress they show up under “Handwarmer pet.” If you want to learn more about the programming and the watch version, see the “OK by A-Watch” thread under Tamagotchi Cousins.

Day 5

It begins! I chose Ichigotchi and named her Sunny. I didn’t end up having to do much after that besides feeding and cleaning. Hungry and happiness take 2 meals to fill each heart, and there are no penalties for using lots of snacks. There’s also a separate health meter used to measure when the Tamagotchi will die from neglect. 

spacer.png

Another way to increase happiness is by playing minigames, many of which are similar to those on the new Touma Pet that came out recently. I’m convinced they’re by the same company because of that, which might actually be M&D because of similarities between the QPet Quolor and the other two. The “warm pet” is very easy to care for, but there are also lots of costumes and it’s always nice getting to mix it up. 

Which costume should Sunny wear next?:

•  Tomato

•  Pineapple

•  Mango

Also, if you have any questions then I will answer them in the next entry. Thanks for reading and again, my apologies for the massive delay.

•On a different note, the handwarmer function is nice. It heats up quickly and can get very warm. Fortunately, this can be turned off. From my experience the Tamagotchi side of the unit doesn’t get hot from it either. I haven’t tried the power bank function yet, though.

• Like 1

When I woke up there were 3 poops and Sunny got sick from it. This was an easy fix. After cleaning the mess she drank some tea at the morgue from the original Tamagotchi Color. The tea part must be original since I don’t recall any Tamagotchis having a choice besides medicine. Today I put Sunny in her mango costume, which is definitely one of the funnier ones:

spacer.png

These things don’t have incentives like growth stages or Gotchi points, so Sunny will be cared for one last day before I show off the other character and some of the games.

After 2 days of trying, I finally managed to get a closeup of Sunny:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will try to get one of her in the pineapple costume tomorrow. There are also a few Kikitchi costumes I want to try and snap like the Doraemon costume.  

• Like 1