Mega Bootleg Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneSummerDream

Reaction score
bannerrrrrr3.png

Hello and welcome to my mega bootleg log, and also first log ever! 
I will be running a bunch of different bootlegs and knockoffs, some of which are obscure. If you have any questions about one, please leave a question and I will reply to it in the next entry.

Where to find fakes: eBay is good for older knockoffs from the 90's, while Aliexpress is great for finding new ones. Taobao also has a lot,  but you might need a middleman depending on where you live. I don't recommend buying any besides M&D ones (QPet, Nana Moon, etc.) because they tend to be really bad otherwise.

First up is the Crystal Warriors 10th Anniversary game. Info links:

English instructions here.

Baidu article here.

All 130 episodes of Crystal Warriors here.

Pics of the box.

After doing some research it turns out the cartoon was only 8 years old at the time these were released, but apparently in order to coincide with the Pendulum 20th Anniversaries M&D made this rerelease. The instructions also state that there are 4 different versions, similar to the real Pendulum releases, but this is false and they all have Vritramon. (However, the original release of this did have 4 and had more care features, and there's always a possibility of M&D releasing more in the future.) This probably isn’t going to fool anyone, but is it a bad knockoff? Surprisingly, no. I’ve never played a Digimon before and am not that familiar with them, but from what I’ve seen it is kinda similar.
There are 6 different tournaments, and I have 3 more to go. Then, there is a final boss. After that I have to replay through everything again in order to get 200% completion, so nothing will be missed. 

Recap of Day 1, Sorry no photos this time: 
I started the Crystal Warrior up, and right off the bat I knew this wasn’t going to be a standard vpet. It’s more of a game that mimics a virtual pet. This was surprising since the Nana Moon minis have all their features entact, but not these. Unfortunately, when M&D pumped these out to cash in on the anniversary Pendulums, they got rid of pet functions. There's still an incentive to check on it, since its power will slowly deplete every few hours. I just put the tab back in when I'm busy since it has a save feature.

After reading the instructions and grinding with the 3 games to buy a crystal, it was time to enter the first tournament. Evolving the monster makes it very OP, rendering the Help feature obsolete since using crystals to evolve is necessary to win. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a swift victory. The second one was harder, since I tried relying on the Help. That ended up backfiring, and I lost during the 4th round. For “Help,” there are 3 other characters to choose from, which are from the 3 other versions. Each swapped warrior replaces Vritramon and evolves into its second form to attack, but can only be used once per tournament. Battles only last a few rounds, even if both are still standing. Whoever has the most HP left wins. Since HP doesn’t replenish between rounds, I was lucky to have even made it that far. When you lose, the warrior’s power/training bar stays the same but you have to try again. There’s a progress page that shows total battles won (regardless if the tourney is lost) and the total completion rate. 
After grinding for more money and rebuying the crystal, it was pretty easy. Rinse and repeat for round 3, and I have 3 more to go.

Now, this is kind of a nitpick, but the spritework on this is kind of mediocre. Some of the characters look poorly drawn. I understand that a lot of detail needs to be added in a small space, but sometimes the results leave me scratching my head.

image1.png

I mean, I can kind of see how the sprite matches the drawing, but this was my first impression without knowing what it was supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is kind of off-topic but, if you can draw can you draw Lovesoratchi x Yumemitchi? If you could that would be much appreciated. (Why Yumemitchi x Lovesoratchi you ask? well i think they look so similar. I think they where made for each-other! ^-^ ) 

[SIZE=14pt]@darkmagic616 It is. A lot of the graphics are copied or at least heavily borrowed from those versions. It even has the same RPM screen, and the mechanic where stopping at a certain point on the meter unleashes a more powerful attack. They didn’t change a thing! What an odd knockoff- the case rips off one version and the gameplay rips off another.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]@MarcoFusion Sorry, but no. Any more drawings will be for this log. Now, if you request a character from stuff I’m currently running (like Crystal Warriors right now), then okay ;D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Day 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Using the reset trick to pause it caused the memory to wipe last time, so I’m at square one. This entry will mostly be pics I wasn’t able to get last time. Pics will cover tournaments 1-2 There are a ton of photos, so here is a link to the PostImg gallery:[/SIZE]

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1t219npvq/

In the meantime, I will be looking for a better image hosting site and working on day 3’s entry.

[SIZE=14pt]Another day, another tournament. Again, apply all the stuff about minigame training from the previous days, and done. I prefer the first minigame, since you’re almost always guaranteed to get $200, as opposed to the other two. The catching one is also okay, and sometimes gives more than $200, but sometimes it only goes to around $100.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This is getting so boring T_T Going for 200% doesn’t seem worth it, so I’ll just complete the main game. I really want to see the final boss, and after you beat it you get a special crystal. If it can be used repeatedly (to avoid endless grinding), then I’ll go for it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Tip: How to mega attack: Quickly start pressing B and gradually slow down as the counter goes down, but never stop. If you can pull this off successfully, it will work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Images:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qzxvkjfn4dyccu/AABkF49vUTWTRmKyjHbClbkwa?dl=0[/SIZE]

Day 4

Same old, same old. This time I had to grind after leaving it alone for a few days; the power meter was almost empty. I mostly played the first minigame again, forming strategies like constantly shooting or doing so in a wave pattern. I also played the third game a few times too, since it’s easy to just mash B when doing something else.

This is where things get real. You will want the power bar to be at 100%. After training, head over to the tournament and get ready to fight again! In order to be successful, it’s recommended that you use the tip in the last entry to ensure Vritramon does his special attack, because failing to do so will make it very hard to survive the tournament. The AI is smarter at this point, and will constantly dodge attacks. They won’t do much damage per hit, but it adds up! Either defeat or outlast each opponent to win. If you succeed, that makes only two more tournaments to go, and then the final boss. Yay! 

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykg3osjmnhc5ot3/AABeXHK7xG2hhn7tUiF-toGua?dl=0

Tip: Do not buy/use cheap weapons especially later on. If the spirit unleashed from the weapon dies, so will Vritramon. It’s a really awful mechanic, so be forewarned.

Sorry for the delay, I haven’t had the time to continue my log until now. I will be running this handwarmer pet for a week. These don’t have a specific product name, but on Aliexpress they show up under “Handwarmer pet.” If you want to learn more about the programming and the watch version, see the “OK by A-Watch” thread under Tamagotchi Cousins.

Day 5

It begins! I chose Ichigotchi and named her Sunny. I didn’t end up having to do much after that besides feeding and cleaning. Hungry and happiness take 2 meals to fill each heart, and there are no penalties for using lots of snacks. There’s also a separate health meter used to measure when the Tamagotchi will die from neglect. 

32930968-0-A2-E-472-E-B083-55-BB46-C88-BE6.jpg

Another way to increase happiness is by playing minigames, many of which are similar to those on the new Touma Pet that came out recently. I’m convinced they’re by the same company because of that, which might actually be M&D because of similarities between the QPet Quolor and the other two. The “warm pet” is very easy to care for, but there are also lots of costumes and it’s always nice getting to mix it up. 

Which costume should Sunny wear next?:

•  Tomato

•  Pineapple

•  Mango

Also, if you have any questions then I will answer them in the next entry. Thanks for reading and again, my apologies for the massive delay.

•On a different note, the handwarmer function is nice. It heats up quickly and can get very warm. Fortunately, this can be turned off. From my experience the Tamagotchi side of the unit doesn’t get hot from it either. I haven’t tried the power bank function yet, though.

When I woke up there were 3 poops and Sunny got sick from it. This was an easy fix. After cleaning the mess she drank some tea at the morgue from the original Tamagotchi Color. The tea part must be original since I don’t recall any Tamagotchis having a choice besides medicine. Today I put Sunny in her mango costume, which is definitely one of the funnier ones:

7-D569591-B92-D-4-D9-A-9628-35380-E403-FFA.jpg

These things don’t have incentives like growth stages or Gotchi points, so Sunny will be cared for one last day before I show off the other character and some of the games.

After 2 days of trying, I finally managed to get a closeup of Sunny:

D5-B029-F7-2519-465-D-80-F8-617178-D07-A4-E.jpg

01-A3081-C-C615-4-B2-A-AD18-83-FDCDE56657.jpg

I will try to get one of her in the pineapple costume tomorrow. There are also a few Kikitchi costumes I want to try and snap like the Doraemon costume.  

Day 7

Victory! More closeups!

1-E8-A2-D4-D-8-DBB-42-A2-859-E-740-A747-F649-D.jpg

52-B6101-A-467-C-4-D5-D-91-D4-4824-F07-F2-AB0.jpg

DC0-D4898-E211-4132-B17-E-EF320-CBB048-E.jpg

A51-EF83-E-D768-42-C4-86-FE-7-F1357616568.jpg

Sunny randomly got sick so I gave her some tea again.

240-E4840-6-D5-E-4-BD0-BEDB-FBD27970-C3-FE.jpg

C2-E17-D6-A-D119-4-A77-AAE6-2-FB9-DC76-EF1-B.jpg

Her happiness then went down by 2, so I sent her to the park to play.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/37zz8jlja/

It also began to rain. 

Food for thought: Would this count as cannibalism?

4-C025-C51-686-B-4-DB1-9930-6-D42649-B5-AA8.jpg

Edit: This is the last of Sunny. Tomorrow she will be replaced with Kikitchi.

Day 8

Meet Dan. Say hi, Dan!

CEQN2056.gif

Today I didn’t do much outside of basic care, but I did manage to get one more very special closeup...

DPZN9819.gif

The Bootleg Log mascot!

Day 9 

Dan’s happiness dropped by 2 after I left the handwarmer alone for a while. This was a great opportunity to get some snaps of the games. There are 8 in total. In the “A-Watch” thread under Tamagotchi Cousins I linked a video from Ashens (of all people) where he reviewed a bootleg GameBoy. Just about every game on this comes from that system. These games have also appeared on the Touma Pet, another fake Tamagotchi that came out a few weeks ago. But more on that on a later day.

IMG-E4739.jpg

My favorite is this bubble dodging game. It’s really frustrating trying to play on such a small screen, but it was mildly addicting trying to score 100. The handwarmer also has the basic Tamagotchi Color games.  

IMG-E4749.jpg

The weirdest is this game where you have to catch fruit falling from a fighter jet while avoiding bombs. What?! The second weirdest is a game where you have to control a bridge to get the jumping bears across the lava. If one falls in, it’s game over.

IMG-E4753-Copy.jpg

Poor panda :(

IMG-E4755-Copy.jpg

The last one I played was the driving game. It’s a bare bones driving sim that hardly counts as a game. There are no objectives like collecting items or racing. It’s just driving for 100 seconds. The speed can go all the way up to at least 300 kmh, but I can’t stand anything more than the default 100.

After that, Dan played in a thunderstorm o_O

IMG-E4760.jpg

IMG-E4758-Copy.jpg

Oh yeah, and did I mention this thing has a built in pedometer? In order for it to detect steps, you have to hold it sideways and carry it the entire time. I don’t think it’s very accurate. I took, like, 20 steps and it said 80 when I checked it, and this is after I calibrated my height and weight correctly.

Like most cheap pedometers, it uses a little metal ball inside that clanks around, so the results are to be expected.

One last thing:

BSOX5446.gif

This time I had the sound on when it happened. It makes all sorts of disgusting noises when it "goes". Well, points for realism I guess 🤢 Also, it makes QPet noises afterwards. Maybe this was a quick cash grab by M&D for the winter season?? Who knows.

Day 10

On no! Dan died after being left alone for too long!

6125127-B-9-BB0-4540-A336-617-A62-C5-BDB8.jpg

Not to worry.

DD8-E880-C-E538-4609-89-F6-02-AF6-D13788-A.jpg

Yes, a Tamagotchi with a revive option. That totally doesn’t defeat the purpose of the game.

*Tomorrow is the final day for this fake Tama. Any additional photos taken in the future will be here*

Also, I was thinking of getting one of these pen vpets. Not a guarantee, but I’m kind of tempted because the programming is from a rare 90’s multipet. Each pet has their own growth stages and even animation, and it seems really neat.

58-C8790-A-3-C34-42-BA-BD0-D-869-E746-B2-AE8.jpg

Day 10

On no! Dan died after being left alone for too long!

6125127-B-9-BB0-4540-A336-617-A62-C5-BDB8.jpg

Not to worry.

DD8-E880-C-E538-4609-89-F6-02-AF6-D13788-A.jpg

Yes, a Tamagotchi with a revive option. That totally doesn’t defeat the purpose of the game.

This is the last day so any additional photos taken in the future will be at either of these 2 links:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/21dlqs3pi/

https://postimg.cc/gallery/

I did a reset to see if this thing can save your progress. Apparently, it does. I pushed the super-tiny reset button on the front and went through the usual time set, discovering that it wasn’t a hard reset. Soft resetting will only reset your pet’s stats, and if you turned the volume off it will be turned back on. This Tamagotchci does not keep age or Discipline, so you only have to feed it food and snacks and it will be back to normal. With that out of the way, let’s take a look at the QPet  Quolor.  This next portion will cover everything from marriage to birth, growing up, and then death. It might not even take a full week to go through all of that, but we’ll see.

Day 11

I got mine last year not too long after they came out. This bootleg interested me because a few years before getting back into Tamagotchis I saw the Tamagezi come and go, and passed every opportunity to get one. By the time I became a fan again, they were all gone! Then suddenly, this entirely new bootleg popped out of nowhere. Is it the same in quality? Not by a long run, but for a bootleg it’s not bad at all. 

CB764-F4-F-56-A2-4912-8018-4-ACAF334430-C.gif

This pet is the first color Tama I’ve seen to feature 2 languages built in. There isn’t nearly as much character dialogue than in an official, but it’s nice being able to have that option. When I put the batteries in, I discovered that it had saved my previous Tamagotchi from my last run. It’s a 5-year-old Ahirukutchi, who had grown from Kinotchi to Mametchi and Kikitchi. Woah. So from my understanding, the first character you pick will be the adult for the first generation, and from then on it’s different. I can’t tell if it actually keeps track of care, but doing the bare minimum might make you get Mametchi. How ironic.

And now for one of the most disturbing moments in virtual pet history. 

661-FE87-C-ED74-4-FB3-BEED-D683-F70-DA196.gif

Umm, what? Ahurukutchi is a toddler character <____< 

Anyways... The baby character will always follow a pattern, being the opposite gender of the parent. The name you enter at the beginning will be the same for every single one as long as it doesn’t die or get reset. I usually just take the bare minimum care with the QPet for the first 2 days. Even if the Tama is determined by health, what’s the point if I can just reset and choose?

The QPet Quolor omits many of the original Tamagotchi Color features, but there are a few originals in their place. Let’s have a look at the School. This option is available until day 3, where it is replaced with Work.

C054-E72-D-B376-4-B10-8484-97-DB52-BD2-A9-C.gif

Solve a simple arithmetic problem, and your Tama will become happy. Get it wrong and it becomes shocked. As with most of the new additions, it doesn’t seem do anything except simulate real life. Again with the ToumaPet (can you tell what fake I want to get next?) this feature was also carried over, further proving that M&D also made that.

Afterwards, a few hours went by and while I was doing homework it grew into Chamametchi!

Day 12

When I checked on Chamametchi this is what was in the living room. The QPet has little holiday decorations like the real one does, except in the QPetthey’re all Chinese holidays. A while ago I found a list that had all of the holidays, but now I can’t find it -__- Go figure. 

0-C9-C934-B-457-E-4600-9-F9-C-A83893-AEDAD7.jpg

One of the main Tamagotchi Color features that sort of got included was the Happy item quest. The only example I’ve been able to find on the QPet is when there’s a heart-shaped cloud outside

FA8-ED905-7-EB7-446-D-A542-0-D3-A5415470-F.gif

But since this thing doesn’t keep track of all the secrets you’ve found, there’s no real incentive to find them all. Additionally, many of the items from the original were removed. 

Like I said, this is my first Tama log so if I’m doing this wrong let me know. And as always, if there are any comments/questions about what’s currently being ran please comment and I will answer in the next entry.

Day 13

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the screen light up and when I picked it up Chamametchi just stood there and turned into Lavuzutchi. There was no special animation or anything, which is disappointing. She should turn into Makiko next, and then Memepetchi. My question: why didn’t the bootleggers just include the oldies? Or better yet, why did they make the toddlers the oldies? Oh well.

D47-E83-AA-7751-4-CD6-BB72-45-AA97661-B43.gif

For extra money I’ve been growing veggies, which can then be sold at the pawn shop. One of my minor goals in this part is to save enough by just growing plants to eventually plant and sell the most expensive one for extra Gotchipoints.

E4-CDFABB-1-A8-C-4077-84-C6-6-A6-E53-DA0-CAB.gif

What a seedy-looking cashier.

This is what it looks and sounds like when a QPet’s batteries are dying:

46-C61-B6-C-0-B25-47-C6-989-B-1-E2-A787323-FE.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn6gifsqyhdmde7/New%20Recording%2012.m4a?dl=0

Day 14

Lavuzutchi is 3 now, so she’s old enough to work. Selecting that will have your QPet working at a construction site, doing some sort of digging, or whatever that is.

9-D0-D6-C89-5220-47-D1-A9-A5-48080571-C2-DA.gif

This is a great way to get Gotchipoints without even trying. Just push the B button every now and then and wrack up enough to get food or even remodeling. After that, I pawned off some apples for 600 Gotchipoints, with a profit of 200. 

For happiness, I just spam the Park feature until the meter is full. The QPet will only play with other QPets of the opposite gender. Besides that and the lack of non-raisable characters, it’s the same as the one on the real deal. 

56-D74-C1-E-3138-46-DF-882-E-B9971-FA6-D316.gif

I’m thinking maybe Lavuzutchi will grow tomorrow morning, but I’m not sure. Maybe it will even happen later today. 

As a question to everyone, what happens when QPets connect? Is it worth getting another one?

@Eggiweg Thank you! I’m still getting the hang of this.

Day 14 Continued

The interesting thing about gardening is eventually I could buy the next best seed plus the Rapid Growth serum and it would be more efficient than waiting. Within a matter of minutes I was able complete this goal. The end result was an extra 3000 Gotchipoints, well worth the time and patience for hardly having to do anything. 

015095-E6-F7-F3-4-C03-B953-B226737-BA913.gif

Here’s a tip: 

Rose seeds cost 1000, Rapid Growth is 250, and the pawn shop pays 2000 for it. At a 750 profit, this is even better than spamming the Work option!

8-C262-C1-A-EB1-E-43-B8-86-D1-FEBCD6-C8611-F.jpg

After discovering this, I was able to keep repeating it until I had over 10,000 GP. Then it was time for some well deserved rest after all that hard work.

85251439-7976-41-EA-828-E-7019-D471-B715.gif

605-B0182-C5-FC-4899-80-F2-969-B3-F1-B4-E1-A.jpg

Day 15 

The QPet is 4, so it can now marry. Here’s what the entire scene looks like:

351889-E0-0-AD8-421-C-90-FB-8-DB5-C3380499.gif

78022-F68-35-C5-4234-8376-7-AD34-C7-DFD50.gif

With my new money scheme in play, it is time to rack up even more cash and aim for the best character, assuming this even tracks care.

2-A614084-9674-410-E-80-F2-743806-D15728.gif

Like mother like... son.

Eventually it grew into what it’s supposed to, Ahikurutchi. Huh. Maybe taking good care actually makes it grow normally. I was working on the GIFs for this when it grew so I unfortunately don’t have pics, but it’s basically the same as a normal Tamagotchi growth animation (whenever it actually plays).

53-E2525-C-D17-B-488-C-82-DD-8-D2-CF46-C6576.jpg

I’m liking this part so far. The QPet turned out to be really fun even for the simplicity. Hopefully this is making up for the mediocre handwarmer run.

Another massive update. Edit: On second thought this looks a lot shorter than 1000 words, but there was a lot that was shortened Lol

Day 16
With so much disposable GP, it was time to renovate a little bit more and try new things.

IMB-27n1-SA.gif

IMB-Br-Tc7d.gif

Yeah, I’m a bad Tamagotchi parent.

Day 17
It became Kuchipatchi! This is the teenager stage now. I wonder what the adult will be?
I got a Touma Pet, so that’s next. I’m so excited! Going off of the instruction manual, it has a lot of new stuff!! When the Touma hatched I pressed the right side button and this Chain Chomp thing came and ate my Tama then farted it out O_O 

IMB-Sc-JUz3.gif

When I saw this I needed to do a double take.
There are a few other little animations that happen when the two extra buttons are pressed. Pressing A causes the Touma to jump. If you get the timing right, you can even make it hit the ceiling and light. Ouch!

IMG-6069.jpg

IMG-6068.jpg

Making the light flicker

Charizard also makes a cameo. I originally posted this as a status update but realized the pic didn't show up -_-

B998-FC2-D-457-F-4746-BF13-6-C88805669-A6.jpg

Not much to say gameplay wise. It's just a graphically-better QPet with added games and a texting feature.

Day 18
Not much. Just basic care. I realized that in the upgraded bedroom the QPet sleeps on a log.

IMG-5992.jpg

Day 19
Kuchipatchi should grow any second now, and so should the Touma.
*Later*
Only the Touma Pet grew, and it was the one I chose at the beginning.

IMB-iri-QLT.gif

Rambling:
(Not to go too off topic, but I hope the Tamagotchi On is popular enough to spark another v-pet fad even if minor. Imagine something similar to the original one, except with some color v-pets!  M&D is doing a really good job at improving and I can’t wait to see what they create next. It would be nice to see others attempt the same.
I also wonder if it would be possible for another company to rerelease/remake the Tamagezi. I’ve seen newer fakes use shells from JiDan and programming from Apollo, so the idea of others obtaining Tamagezi software isn’t too impossible.)

Day 20
Even though Kuchipatchi hasn’t grown, my Touma Pet did, and now it’s an adult! It will be another day before it can marry, just like the QPet. This one takes only 3 stages to become an adult, and since it’s basically a graphically upgraded QPet I’m thinking Kuchipatchi isn’t going to grow. This is really weird, as I could’ve swore it was 4... Oh well. 

In other news, Touma Pets are now on Aliexpress.
Ughhh I should’ve just waited another week 🙃

Day 21
Kuchipatchi got married!

IMB-Elw-YCk.gif

And so did the Touma Pet!!

IMB-o5gjm-O.gif

The big difference between the Touma and QPet is that in the Touma, the baby can be the same gender as your previous pet. On the other hand, the QPet follows a pattern between them depending on the gender of the first generation. An hour after baby stage, the QPet mutated into Lavuzutchi. What?! Now I’m really curious what it will become. Fingers crossed for Memetchi. Next gen I’d like to get ShimaShimatchi. When the Touma Pet evolves it sort of shakes and then switches immediately into the next stage. No special animation or anything. 

IMG-6216.jpg

Day 22
Not much besides playing minigames. The weirdest is Flappy Bird, an 8bit port of the original game. It’s as good as you’d expect, as in, NOT. Somehow I managed to get 24 despite the non-existent physics. (Edit: Now my high score is 84!) The most amazing in concept is the shmup game. Unfortunately, it plays as well as a shmup on a Tamagotchi would... To make it work on a Tamagotchi everything is really laggy and awful. Still, E for effort. 

Day 23
I got Makiko! I’ve had this evolution line before last year. Nice to confirm these actually have growth patterns, however distorted and abnormal.

IMG_6274.jpg

Day 24
My baby QPet evolved into Kuchipatchi as the toddler/teen stage. I think I’m finally going to get ShimaShimatchi!! (Edit: Nope!) After that happens, I will take a break from QPet and only run Touma until I get busy again. 
My goal is to get every QPet character eventually.

The Touma Pet also got married

IMB-fyqm-I4.gif

This time I got a boy, which is the same character except blue. What a disappointment, but I will cut slack because of all the effort that was put into everything else. I discovered a funny graphical glitch that can happen by pressing the C button repeatedly when it sleeps:

IMG_6528.jpg

If this was 2011 someone would probably write a creepypasta about this.

A few days ago I also discovered another graphical glitch. I don’t know the correct terminology, but basically a certain line of pixels was repeated down to the bottom of the display for a split second. That was more of a one off thing I guess. Iirc it’s the same method. Maybe it was trying to load the next animation frame but then I interrupted it with button spamming? 

Day 25
Just more basic care til’ tomorrow when Kuchipatchi will grow. I want a ShimaShimatchi because the sprite for him on mine are different than the ones I’ve seen online iirc. If this is correct, then that means I have an earlier version of the QPet software! 
I noticed that the QPet's clock is slow. Every time I put fresh batteries in it I always notice this. Right now it is 8:59 but on the QPet it slowed down to 8:53 after 3-ish days or so.

This isn’t the first bootleg toy I’ve had problems with. A fake Gyaoppi I’d like to briefly cover runs too fast. One week I had set the time 20 minutes behind on accident, but within a week it was almost 2 hours ahead of real time. Moral of the story: Don’t trust bootleg toys to keep the time...

Day 25
Kuchipatchi turned into Mametchi. It would take another week to attempt getting ShimaShimatchi, so I’ll take the batteries out for now. I also went ahead and reset the Touma Pet. I hope it has a save feature 😬 This will be the last post for a while. Later in June, I’ll be back for more and eventually the Nana Moon, even if it technically isn't bootleg. After that, I’ll be out of bootlegs. 

Oh, and one last thing. Remember how I said the QPet has little icons based on Chinese holidays? Here's what happens when the date is set to 7/1:

IMG-6209.jpg

Silly M&D, we didn’t need to be reminded that this was a Chinese bootleg.

In the meantime, more pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1yjtch15y/ Also, more drawings

dd6yzqm-6360809c-7a04-4aed-b5f0-453daed9c618.png

cute_ms_paint_mametchi_by_onewinterwish_dd785w4-pre.jpg

Not bootleg but whatevs :)

I'll be hosting fanart on DeviantArt at https://www.deviantart.com/onewinterwish

Hhhh again... Updates in bold were added after the fact. See the end for an important update on the structure of future updates.

Day 27
School is out, so I’m back for more bootleg goodness. Admittedly, my last entry wasn’t too hot. I ended up scrapping a lot of the last entry, which included an intro to the Touma Pet. Basically, it’s an upgraded version of the QPet. Everything from the software to hardware got an upgrade. My favorite new addition? The rechargeable battery. It cuts down a lot of bulk, making the device very thin and light. It’s also nice not having to stockpile pairs of AAA batteries that only last a week or so.

QPet
The first thing I did was download the data, and then raise Mametchi’s happiness by going to the park a lot. Now I’m buying and planting seeds for more points. Mametchi is now 2, so he will need 2 more days before marriage, meaning (with the way it tracks time) by Sunday it should be time for the next gen. On the Touma Pet they turn into oldies at age 10. I wonder if the QPet is the same, since it’s so similar in function.
Touma Pet
The battery died so I have to wait for it to recharge. (Which is okay because after taking my last final I need to recharge too ;D ) I really hope it has a Continue option... It does! After 50 minutes, it was done. Well, besides a few snacks it hasn’t really needed anything so far.
Outside of that, not much else. They are surprisingly low-maintenance, which is ironic because M&D pets tend to be really demanding. Maybe it’s because I’ve played them for a while so I’m just used to it? I hope I can eventually say the same about Nana Moon. I forgot to mention now that the QPet is asleep, the Touma Pet doesn’t go to bed until 11 PM. That is too late for a kids game imo, and another reason why I haven’t bothered with Nana Moon yet. 
I also started a few more fakes. The Jia Yuan is... something. I recall comparing it to the Tama P1+2 and to an extent I still agree. Both are pretty simple, but somehow this one is slightly more simple due to lack of growth or death. Last night I picked this robot thing. I don’t know if it’s an actual character or not, because many of the pets on here are from anime. I like the mini games on here more than the 90’s Tamas, but that’s all it’s got going for it. Outside of playing the games out of boredom, this thing stinks. On the plus side it would make a really cute Decora necklace charm. I will still “”run”” it, but don’t expect it to get included in logs.

Chuppi was also started. This is my first and only Gyaoppi at the moment, and honestly? I’m not impressed. It’s basically a worse version of the original Tamagotchi. I was expecting that to be the case, but it still managed to disappoint. Whatevs.
P.S. I’m aware this is more of a knockoff than a bootleg, but knockoffs are still fair game because they heavily copy other vpets. Plus, Chuppi programming has been used in fake Tamas before.
Next on the bootleg list: Nana Moon (ahhh!) and "The Pen"...

Day 28
The Touma Pet evolved into a Gozarutchi ripoff. I didn’t send it to school, so it has the lowest-paying job: construction. I’m curious if the different jobs are present on the QPet, but it requires answering correctly 50 times to max out the education.  Later : Turns out is has the same 2 jobs as the Touma. Not even surprised. The Touma also has oldies, so I’m now sure that is in the QPet too, because Touma is pretty much a carbon copy. 
IMG-8266.jpg

EDIT- This is what the office job looks like on a QPET. There should be a pic of what it looks like on the Touma in a previous folder I linked.

IMG-8269.jpg

As for Chuppi... It’s been almost a day now (still 1 hour to go), but it has not evolved. Something tells me this is going to be very long... Just getting to the adult stage would be an accomplishment because it’s died so much.

Day 29
Chuppi has not grown in 2 days, so I removed the batteries. It turns out in order to age the sleep meter has to be filled. If anyone has a manual on Gyaoppis or is a Gyaoppi expert, I would really appreciate some tips on how to care for it.
The QPet got married. After the baby stage, it turned into Makiko. I wonder if it will end up being Memetchi or Memepetchi. On Touma I’m going for the male oldie so that will take a few more days.

Day 30
One month of bootleg Tamagotchi-ness. I accidentally did a QPet drop test. The device seems okay after that freak accident, except there’s a crack on the LCD. I’m okay with this because it’s obscured by the icon background, so it is hard to notice unless you are really looking. When it fell, the battery compartment busted out, and so did the batteries. Fortunately, I only lost a few minutes of care.
Later- It turns out the “crack” is actually a piece of hair, like an eyelash. I’ve never opened this before and I haven’t seen anything else get under the screen, so it must have been from the factory. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen stuff like this inside... The other was my official Galaxy P2.

Day 31
Makiko turned into Memepetchi. Oh well, only a few more characters to go. Here’s a list:
-Kikitchi
-Memetchi
-Shimashimatchi
That will take 12 days total, not counting the two more I have to wait before Memepetchi can marry. It will probably go in that order.

IMB-yzwfi-X.gif

Day 32
More waiting. I’ve been having technical issues with the Touma Pet today. Pressing a certain button combo makes the volume turn on + maximum. It kept turning on by itself in my bag. I would probably just take the speaker out, but then again I want to keep it as mint as possible.

Day 33
My QPet got married and this gen I’m going to get Kikitchi. He evolves from Mametchi, which is what the baby evolved into. Well, at least there won’t be any more surprises after this and I can finally wrap up the QPet in 2 more weeks.... EDIT- Kikitchi grows from ShimaShimatchi. As for Touma Pet... 2 more days. Oh yeah, I forgot to show off all the different places. Btw for some reason I started the Nana Moon all the while juggling 3 other Tamas whyyyyy. The guide I read said that sending it to school shouldn’t effect growth, but it’s been 8 hours and it is still a baby.

Day 34
The Nana Moon grew. I got one of the better toddlers. My new strat this time is to limit the minigames to one per every 10/15 minutes depending on if I win or not. I also recently got a second Nana Moon for the purpose of cheating by having it gift a bunch of items to the one I’m running. I saw a guide a while ago that said money could also be traded, but I guess the versions I have don’t support that function. 
Mametchi will change today. Besides that, just more waiting. As a side note, my 2018 P2 will be growing today. My goal is Pochitchi. BTW here's a ridiculously off model sprite of Mametchi:

IMB-TQHAr-K.gif

Day 35
The Nana Moon grew again. I didn’t get a good look at the new character yet because I pretty much immediately sent it to school. I was mistaken, as it turns out it goes to bed at 10 PM. Still, that seems kind of late. The Touma will turn into an old man today. I already saw pics of it on Instagram, and yes, the oldie definitely looks like an old man. I also saw a pic of an oldie getting married via the matchmaker, and it turns out you just get paired with a regular adult character. What a disappointment. I wonder what would happen if 2 Touma Pet systems with oldies married? Would there be a secret pet? Well, I would like a 2nd Touma, but don’t feel like getting any more fakes for a while so unless someone else does it, only time will tell.

Update- It turns out I got ShimaShimatchi!

IMG-8890.jpg

I guess that means Kikitchi grows up from ShimaShimatchi. My Nana Moon also grew into a weird berry-looking thing. I think it will become an adult tomorrow, but I’m not sure. Maybe it will be like a real Tama and grow in 2 days after teenager stage.
I had to go do something and when I came back, the Touma Pet’s screen was lit up and-
IMG-8900.jpg

YESSSSS! Finally. 

Day 36
I put away the Touma Pet because it was getting a little annoying having to juggle the Tamagotchis and other stuff I’ve been doing. 
Nothing much besides that, just more waiting for the vpets to grow. 
It turns out that the Nana Moon’s toddler stage does not go to bed until 11, so I was kind of correct. This is way easier with cheats (obvi) but it’s still a handful. It turns out that during the daily money/gift-receiving from the King, you can actually get robbed. I had $300 stolen and received a fly as a gift. I’m not sure if this is right or not, but I believe the amount and quality of the gift depends on your pet’s stats. Mine were low at the time (hunger empty, others almost empty) so that’s my reasoning.

Day 37
ShimaShimatchi got married, so now I may have a chance to get Memetchi. I just realized that Chamametchi is also a possible adult. I wonder what her growth chart is? I am considering writing a guide for the QPet once this is over aor at least making a full growth chart. 
I am also tempted to turn off the Nana Moon, but I will just deal with its annoyingness. I heard the Tamagotchi Ocean is really needy, but this might give it some competition. I think it will either grow into adult form tomorrow or the day after. All I hope is that it turns into an adult by Thursday (what would be day 40) because I will be too busy for any Tama raising. For anyone curious about QPet battery life, mine lasted a little less than 2 weeks using high-quality AAAs. It honestly gets annoying having to use so many batteries. That’s why I wish more vpets had rechargeable ones like the Touma Pet.

Fyi It turns out there are multiple versions of the Chuppi. I must have the original version, because the one in this video fixed every annoyance I have with mine:

I got Princess Amy, the best character!!! Now that the Nana Moon is an adult, it is much easier to care for. The first three stages would be like if a Tamagotchi remained just as needy after baby stage. Of course, it’s worse on the Nana Moon because everything costs money.

Day 39
I got Memetchi! Wow, her sprites look really weird. The QPet has a peculiar combination of stolen and custom sprites. A lot of the closeup animations are just plain ugly, but this one... it’s weird. I realized that the Nana Moon anime’s story includes all 7 of the items from the game. Unfortunately, the incomplete chart from the anime doesn’t help much. I’m aware that 5 of the items come from the shop (incl. the lollipops), and that the magic plant is the final item needed (obtained via code), but what about the 6th item? I have a gut feeling that it requires collecting all the other items first, excluding the magic seed. This requires buying 4 of the key items from the shop and collecting 6 other, non-purchasable items from the dialogue random encounters. Fortunately, I have 2/4 of the shop items and 3/6 of the others. My hope is that the items and item quest do not reset after marrying. That would just be infuriating.

🌟🌟Thanks for enduring this latest collection of entries. Instead of posting giant annoying updates, I've decided that the best thing would be to post small stuff on IG with only the essential updates being posted here. Yeah, I probably should have thought of this a while ago.🌟🌟

Minor updates and other stuff: https://www.instagram.com/onewinterwish/

Day 40

I’m done with the QPet. Instead of copy-pasting tons of other entries in one post, here’s what happened:

-Finally got Kikitchi and Chamametchi

-Took the batts out

That’s it. I’m officially ready to make a growth chart (and maybe guide) now that I’ve discovered everyone’s growth patterns. I sort of don’t want to kill it on purpose now that I’ve gotten everything because it would be a shame to lose everything. On the other hand, I want to see what happens. 

In other news, I finally got one of those cheap 49-in-1 pens. Tomorrow morning my ladybug pupa will grow into an adult. It takes 10 days to do so, but on day 1 the vpet always takes 4 naps and then ages up to 4 out of nowhere. Yeah, it’s as weird as it sounds. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzJsvGkHt_h/

The programming is a mod of the “24-in-1 Smart Baby and Pets.” It’s exactly the same except for some characters being omitted and a few modified graphics. The pen stands out from other cheap virtual pets in that there  are actual growth stages. 2 is better than none at all, if the other multipets currently being made are anything to learn from. For $1, this is pretty good. If you don’t like the tiny screen (even more tiny than the original Tamagotchi, oof) there is a larger-screened one that comes in a house-shaped shell with a really atrocious speaker. 

It has 2 minigames, like most Gyaoppis. The first one is catching stuff and the other is soccer. With the latter, in order to win you have to push the A button at just the right speed. Too fast, and the ball with go flying over the goal! I’ve only played these 4 or so times in order to fill up the meter because after doing so, it stays that way. Another peculiar thing is that it never needs to be disciplined. As per the new rule, I’ll just post a pic of it on IG because the growth isn’t really that big of an update. Unlike the QPet, there’s no mystery to the final stage. Here’s some trivia before I go: Depending on which species you select, the pet will either hatch from a house 🏠 or an egg 🐣.

@Eggiweg Thanks, I’ve been meaning to get some but keep forgetting to. I’ll check those out.

Latest posts

Back