Sign in to follow this  
KidRetro64

My Pixel Chix is Dead

Recommended Posts

***Topic moved to Pixel Chix Talk***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super late reply to this, so apologies if I'm bumping a semi-dead thread.

Anyway, reading this post and your previous thread it sounds like your Pixel Chix might be getting insufficient energy from the batteries. Did you buy them new in the box or used? There's a chance that if there were old batteries installed that they have corroded over time, weakening the contacts. Cotton swabs dipped in vinegar or lemon juice will help clean it up. The issue may be more serious with the battery holder being sloppily put into the toy during manufacturing creating a buggy edition. I don't have any advice there, I'm not a very technologically savvy person. :wacko:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, decepticoncrown said:

Super late reply to this, so apologies if I'm bumping a semi-dead thread.

Anyway, reading this post and your previous thread it sounds like your Pixel Chix might be getting insufficient energy from the batteries. Did you buy them new in the box or used? There's a chance that if there were old batteries installed that they have corroded over time, weakening the contacts. Cotton swabs dipped in vinegar or lemon juice will help clean it up. The issue may be more serious with the battery holder being sloppily put into the toy during manufacturing creating a buggy edition. I don't have any advice there, I'm not a very technologically savvy person. :wacko:

 

I managed to Get the Light Off by Just taking out the batteries and putting them back in, resetting diddint help. I used new Kodak Alkaline, so I don’t see what’s the problem. I do have something, though. As soon as they arrived I put batteries in the Purple House (New Batteries) And it Said Battery Low on the Screen. Then we Tried 4 Other Batteries, And it Did the Trick.

And the Other House? Well Basically, we but the batteries in and then the whole screen went black (By that I mean the light was on, but black pixels all over the screen) apart from one Row. But My Dad thinks this is just because they might have not been turned on in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like something might be wrong with the battery compartment and how it's connected to the rest of the electronics. Personally I would try cleaning the contacts first before busting it open.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this