[REMAKE] Any games you're excited to be released?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Optimistic

Reaction score
The old topic got closed due to inactivity, so I'm remaking it!

For me, the latest Nintendo Direct finally had more information about the new Fire Emblem game for the Switch, Fire Emblem Three Houses, as well as a release date - July 26th! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to that, it looks pretty interesting, and the concept is pretty unique for a Fire Emblem game, can't wait to see how that plays out!!

Haven't played Fire Emblem games since the GBA so I'm pretty behind. I'll say I'm the most excited about Death Stranding. From the latest Nintendo Direct, Astral Chain caught my attention the most.

There's apparently a new Animal Crossing game coming out this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll be like. It's going to be on Switch though and I don't have one, but I'm still curious to see either way.

Im excited When They make a Rpg game based On My game Kids Imagination Universe!

It follows like this: Kids Battle monsters to Attack the villian!

Aah, I'm really looking forward to Catherine: Full body!!! 
I really liked the original, so I'm just excited to see how this new character fits into the story! 

Animal Crossing New Horizons is probably my #1 awaited title right now. Pokemon Sword and Shield too but to a  lesser extent (love Pokemon games but Animal Crossing will always be especially special to me!). Aside from that, I guess the new Fire Emblem Three Houses game looks pretty good, I already preordered the collector's edition. Dragon Quest XI and Seiken Densetsu 3 remakes also have piqued my interest so I'll be grabbing them even though I have never played these games before. I'm excited that I will finally have games for the Switch that I want to play, because honestly, while I've had my Switch since launch... I haven't played on it much because I just pretty much am not into any of the major released games so far. Aside from Animal Crossing I'm not a fan of core Nintendo releases.

AC, Pokemon, Doom Eternal, and Cyberpunk all look cool! I'm also really pumped for Trials of Mana since I played the fan-translated version back on emulators (I also just found out it never made it state-side because there was so much dialog and English would have taken up more space than Japanese, which would have exceeded the available space on the cartridge!)

There's a lot of games I'm excited for, one of them being the console ports of a game called Lethal League Blaze which comes out next friday! Lethal League Blaze is a rather unusual 2D fighting game in that you fight by knocking a ball to your opponent. Imagine it like Super Smash Bros only you use a ball to attack your opponents.

Even though the games have already got a lot of negative feedback, I'm looking forward to Pokemon Sword and Shield. Especially now that I own a Switch. Also Animal Crossing: New Horizons looks like it'll be sweet! So many new things.

Even though the games have already got a lot of negative feedback, I'm looking forward to Pokemon Sword and Shield
"A lot" isn't necessarily really the case, because we've got to keep in mind the echo-chamber effect - a number of people were certainly very loud with their complaints during E3, yet at the exact same time, over at GameStop in the US, Pokemon Sword & Shield was the second most pre-ordered title of the E3 week.

Especially now that I own a Switch.
Congratulations! :D What're you playing on it at the moment?

I mostly play in handheld-mode, so I'll be switching (heheh) over to a Switch Lite once those hit (I plan to get a yellow one :D ), and will pass my current Switch on to a relative who's more of a TV-mode sort than I am.

Also Animal Crossing: New Horizons looks like it'll be sweet! So many new things.
Oh yes! Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the game that I'm looking forward to the most at the moment, with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order also quite high up there*.

*I know that this was released a few days ago, but I figured that I may as well wait to see if it's available in a Switch Lite bundle deal in September, so I haven't grabbed it yet.

I wondered for a long time how they could possibly top all of the positive changes that Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer introduced to the series, and now we know. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes! I'm somewhat curious about Fantasy Strike, as well, which has been out on Steam in early-access for a while, and has just hit the Switch and other consoles.

It's a fighting-game that challenges the notion that the genre should be about fighting with the controls rather than against your opponent, and which is all about being clear and intuitive about how the game flows - which is a bit of a rarity in the genre, I've found.

Also, how can I quibble with a game that features a jovial gambling panda as one of the fighters? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire Emblem Three Houses releases today, and while people are already getting their hands on it, I won't be receiving my copy for about two and a half weeks so that's still something I'm looking forward to even if it is technically out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back