Sign in to follow this  
whatareyoutalkingabout

Connection Re-release Incoming?

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Should we get our hopes up for a Connection Re-release given these tweets from the official Tamagotchi USA Twitter account?

Edited by whatareyoutalkingabout

I don't feel like it's likely, but I would really, really love it to happen lol

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, whatareyoutalkingabout said:

spacer.png

Should we get our hopes up for a Connection Re-release given these tweets from the official Tamagotchi USA Twitter account?

Your image returns an Error 403: Forbidden unfortunately 

19 hours ago, Nazotchi25 said:

Your image returns an Error 403: Forbidden unfortunately 

I can't figure out how else to insert it. I tried to do it through Imagur link but that's not working either for some reason.

6 hours ago, whatareyoutalkingabout said:

I can't figure out how else to insert it. I tried to do it through Imagur link but that's not working either for some reason.

Can you post a livk to the tweet(s) you are referring to? PM me if you need help.

Posted (edited)

I believe this is the tweet that they're referring to. I will admit that this tweet does imply that they do have more re-releases planned and it does imply that it could very well come in the form of the connection series, if they didn't have anything planned surely they'd respond with something along the lines of "unfortunately we don't have any plans currently"? The wink also does add the element of a tease. I would love to see a connection rerelease as they were my first experience with Tamagotchi and they'd most definitely be a market and a nostalgia for them, I cannot believe that this year the connection V1 is turning 15! Perhaps they're planning on rereleasing them as part of an anniversary line? 

Tweet.png

Edited by AdamTTD

Sadly it doesn't prove anything. We've been told to wait and see with wink faces for years now, though before that it was always through email.

I don't think they will do a connection re-release at least until Japan does it, though Japanese connection are so different from English connections it would be more difficult. Except for the v1 since those are pretty much identical.

• Like 2

Unfortunately not, I'll always hold out hope though as it is something that I've wanted for a very long time but stay cautiously optimistic with any tease. What could be interesting is if they rerelease the Japanese equivalents and just translate those and bring them over here? They're similar enough to penetrate the nostalgia market but different enough in that it could appeal to people seeking a new tamagotchi that haven't imported the Japanese models. 

Wow, I was thinking about the possibility of this happening just the other day.  Personally, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe later on down the line, though. There have been recent rumors of a Digimon remake/rerelease, and considering the original Tamagotchi rereleases came out not too long ago I fell that would be the next logical thing. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, AdamTTD said:

I believe this is the tweet that they're referring to. I will admit that this tweet does imply that they do have more re-releases planned and it does imply that it could very well come in the form of the connection series, if they didn't have anything planned surely they'd respond with something along the lines of "unfortunately we don't have any plans currently"? The wink also does add the element of a tease. I would love to see a connection rerelease as they were my first experience with Tamagotchi and they'd most definitely be a market and a nostalgia for them, I cannot believe that this year the connection V1 is turning 15! Perhaps they're planning on rereleasing them as part of an anniversary line? 

Tweet.png

it is! thank you, i appreciate it! i clearly don’t post on here often 😆

20 hours ago, OneSummerDream said:

Wow, I was thinking about the possibility of this happening just the other day.  Personally, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe later on down the line, though. There have been recent rumors of a Digimon remake/rerelease, and considering the original Tamagotchi rereleases came out not too long ago I fell that would be the next logical thing. 

I’m pretty sure the Digimon did have a relaunch a few months (years?) ago. Finger crossed the connections would be relaunched though, so many memories.

11 hours ago, jordboss said:

I’m pretty sure the Digimon did have a relaunch a few months (years?) ago. Finger crossed the connections would be relaunched though, so many memories.

It was released, in Japan.All releeases are in Japan first. It will be released in the US sometime later. So I doubt there are plans for a connection yet, not until Japan does it first.

This adds some fuel to the fire, @Tamagotchi_US on Twitter posted this.

Take note of the art style, it’s the Jinco art style which was introduced with the connection era. Surely if they were trying to promote their current models, they’d use the 1996 ‘rough sketch’ art style? 

This could be nothing or it could point towards a potential connection re-release. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AdamTTD said:

This adds some fuel to the fire, @Tamagotchi_US on Twitter posted this.

Take note of the art style, it’s the Jinco art style which was introduced with the connection era. Surely if they were trying to promote their current models, they’d use the 1996 ‘rough sketch’ art style? 

This could be nothing or it could point towards a potential connection re-release. 

that’s a very good observation. he’s also a little different than the purely cartoon and anime style Mametchi that is sometimes used. very TamaTown-esque

It's a very old render from the TamaTown era I believe, yes. It is interesting that it is being reused!