Connection Re-release Incoming?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatareyoutalkingabout

Reaction score
B6BHbKL51hoTm1Lvw8sdBxVepgNgI1NIUChthEKvUhKO2ueSEZya1fuvRfIOgQVLgn-V0UEFxldj8pOA87BYmUfUEv70fccE_7zPkbqKmW9wm_oBBLZCG-ppEXVn7aqyDXcAgTZIBwaHjyo64s1mNNe8O26xb6Uwx4FQEDpAoSC1nKX4G0LCo32FRflp2SSWMpTVxHutxMdFepm3rtsGPEtEZjkqmxIl6Dk7VCbIR4onRSHMEFJ0UPTh0pbSwzyImQ_98WnK9E0A-yWbYokQswMuFRB89rDph57xxribLWOeqcAYrkXcYRBgTLA0LqhTGQkES8G6yDKe0eTUZlHcD2VfVgkqbvY0kCokzPz9thGudCmYbwRBkgG5vk1TnERFV1VrNU0TSUpayfMwhgaFbU-rcxdK3sRSDN9e1rg_BPGnPakRpa14dly9h89MtS2qq8FOeXxF61Moi3QynmuLPWGa0YSV_7EEaVWVHkFHIGInfUO7htsg7WqrcZ4eJRe_2zb6EefUg7uu4Mt6NzkGvKion89N8MZrwEt5O4gXgrg-wi5ZtG3JdAW1epmzNsU5MUVfBnyVM4sf3jTpzRxjY4za623a70-eUs2JJkw7kTJxGwH-JMa1ZNbobpfrxwqShXAztIUHhemZd1c7KSBKiUEfaKc-9pUy-Cy0iY5sDn_74yTzqD-kwh3dxgOz1ibL6-E7uZpR5CfGfRrPdI2sekgaZBn6ojzwdro=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft

Should we get our hopes up for a Connection Re-release given these tweets from the official Tamagotchi USA Twitter account?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is the tweet that they're referring to. I will admit that this tweet does imply that they do have more re-releases planned and it does imply that it could very well come in the form of the connection series, if they didn't have anything planned surely they'd respond with something along the lines of "unfortunately we don't have any plans currently"? The wink also does add the element of a tease. I would love to see a connection rerelease as they were my first experience with Tamagotchi and they'd most definitely be a market and a nostalgia for them, I cannot believe that this year the connection V1 is turning 15! Perhaps they're planning on rereleasing them as part of an anniversary line? 

Tweet.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly it doesn't prove anything. We've been told to wait and see with wink faces for years now, though before that it was always through email.

I don't think they will do a connection re-release at least until Japan does it, though Japanese connection are so different from English connections it would be more difficult. Except for the v1 since those are pretty much identical.

Unfortunately not, I'll always hold out hope though as it is something that I've wanted for a very long time but stay cautiously optimistic with any tease. What could be interesting is if they rerelease the Japanese equivalents and just translate those and bring them over here? They're similar enough to penetrate the nostalgia market but different enough in that it could appeal to people seeking a new tamagotchi that haven't imported the Japanese models. 

Wow, I was thinking about the possibility of this happening just the other day.  Personally, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe later on down the line, though. There have been recent rumors of a Digimon remake/rerelease, and considering the original Tamagotchi rereleases came out not too long ago I fell that would be the next logical thing. 

I believe this is the tweet that they're referring to. I will admit that this tweet does imply that they do have more re-releases planned and it does imply that it could very well come in the form of the connection series, if they didn't have anything planned surely they'd respond with something along the lines of "unfortunately we don't have any plans currently"? The wink also does add the element of a tease. I would love to see a connection rerelease as they were my first experience with Tamagotchi and they'd most definitely be a market and a nostalgia for them, I cannot believe that this year the connection V1 is turning 15! Perhaps they're planning on rereleasing them as part of an anniversary line? 

View attachment 250
it is! thank you, i appreciate it! i clearly don’t post on here often 😆

Wow, I was thinking about the possibility of this happening just the other day.  Personally, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Maybe later on down the line, though. There have been recent rumors of a Digimon remake/rerelease, and considering the original Tamagotchi rereleases came out not too long ago I fell that would be the next logical thing. 
I’m pretty sure the Digimon did have a relaunch a few months (years?) ago. Finger crossed the connections would be relaunched though, so many memories.

I’m pretty sure the Digimon did have a relaunch a few months (years?) ago. Finger crossed the connections would be relaunched though, so many memories.
It was released, in Japan.All releeases are in Japan first. It will be released in the US sometime later. So I doubt there are plans for a connection yet, not until Japan does it first.

This adds some fuel to the fire, @Tamagotchi_US on Twitter posted this.

Take note of the art style, it’s the Jinco art style which was introduced with the connection era. Surely if they were trying to promote their current models, they’d use the 1996 ‘rough sketch’ art style? 

This could be nothing or it could point towards a potential connection re-release. 

This adds some fuel to the fire, @Tamagotchi_US on Twitter posted this.

Take note of the art style, it’s the Jinco art style which was introduced with the connection era. Surely if they were trying to promote their current models, they’d use the 1996 ‘rough sketch’ art style? 

This could be nothing or it could point towards a potential connection re-release. 
that’s a very good observation. he’s also a little different than the purely cartoon and anime style Mametchi that is sometimes used. very TamaTown-esque

It's a very old render from the TamaTown era I believe, yes. It is interesting that it is being reused!

Makes me think of Animal Jam or Club Penguin Apps. How they branch out from a mother website and are like children/child sites. The last few Twitter shares do. 

If they do a connection revamp... It would be interesting, but one would hope they finally try color. Even if they just use the same exact programming but color. It's been proven that color still sells. (Pokemon Pikachu/2) and definitely would bring back nostalgic feelings.

Maybe more generalized stores might be a better choice for whatever is next? Gudetama is doing alright...

Oh wow! That’s almost a definitely sign that at least something is happening. The “perhaps” and winky face give much away. 
Though it's entirely possible that it could be a sign of something, don't get your hopes up too much.

After all, commercial social-media presences tend to revolve around getting people to generate free publicity, which companies do by leveraging people's feeling of having some form of relationship to the company and its employees because they enjoy their products - that's why Twitter accounts like this use non-committal language and friendly wording and emotes.

People see Tweets like that, spread them around, and thus are doing free advertising for the company - it lets them stretch their marketing budget further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back