So I recently bought a used entama and because I don't read Japanese I'm still figuring it out but anyway I have only had it a couple of weeks and it has  kept saying that the battery has run out. But when I press the reset button it's fine! Until a couple of hours later it dose the same thing?!? Is it just my tama? Is that common for old used and beaten up tamas? Thank you for taking the time to read xxx

Assuming you put in brand new batteries when you started, three weeks or so sounds rather short. That being said it doesn't surprise me if the battery is dying you're running into that problem. It's like any electronic, you can get a little more juice out of it by turning it on/off, but at some point it's going to just be a dead battery.

If you've been putting in new batteries and it lasts a couple of hours then I'd say there's definitely a hardware issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You need to change the battery when it tells you to. How long the battery lasts depends on what brand it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Resetting it also regularly using a great idea, for multiple reasons. If your batteries are cheap or you get me, then I would switch to a different brand.

• Thanks 1

Since the last reply to this thread before now was back in March, and since, @Gaia_tamagotchi, your latest post doesn't suggest that the problem is still ongoing, I'm going to lock this now, since we prefer to avoid bumps to topics that are more than three months old unless there's substantial new information to add. :)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Pingasatchi
      The instruction manual for the Tamagotchi ON claims that twins appear "every once in a while, " implying that it is a rare occurrence. I am challenging this claim with circumstantial evidence that points towards it actually being based on genetics in a similar way to how physical traits are determined.
      I am currently in the 15th generation of my Tamagotchi family. After tallying up which generations included twins and which didn't, I found that there were 10 out of 15 instances in which twins occurred. You could even take the first generation out of that, since it is impossible to have twins on the first generation, which would make it 10 out of 14 instances. This means that over 70% of the time, I have received twins, which is way too likely to be, "every once in a while." 
      This could be chalked up to really good luck, but it's not as fun that way, is it? I honestly believe, based on my results, that my Tamagotchi bloodline is somehow predisposed to twins. My first set of twins happened immediately in my second generation, which sparked the long line of twins to come. I think Bandai knew what they were doing with this, as in they intentionally made it this way just to add depth to the genetics mechanic as a whole. 
      Let me know what y'all think. 
    • By beanii
      My G1 black and white tamagotchi isn't sleeping. It is a toddler that usuallly falls asleep around 8:30, and an hour later it is still not sleeping. I'm afraid it's becoming restless, what do I do? 😨
    • By _GlitterTears_
      I need help! >.<
      I'm buying a new Tama, but I can't decide on whether I want the Meets or the On. I know they're the same with the language being the only difference, but here's where my debate comes in:
      1.) I love the Meets packaging! The one from the On isn't as exciting for when I first open my tama. I know the packaging isn't everything, but like keeping things like that (I have all of my other packages from my other tama's too. aha)
      2.) I know some Japanese, but I'm fluent in English. (Obviously.) I like knowing what is being said between different characters so I wouldn't be able to do that with the Meets, but I LOVE the Meets glitter in the plastic on the shell. The pearl is pretty for the On, but ... idano, man. Something about that glitter. >:P
      3.) I really really REALLLLLLY want the Sanrio Meets, but again... I won't be able to see the convos between my characters and can the meets connect to the on tama's? (You know.. because one is in English and the other is in Japanese..)
      and 4.) ... is it possible for the app for the meets to work in the US with a Meets instead of an On Tama?

ありがとうざいますみな‪⸜(*ˊᵕˋ*)⸝‬💕✨
      xoxo~Belle
    • By Odourman
      Hello!
      This post is about vintage, connections and up to uratama. About how to repair them.
      My native language isn't English, so this might be a bit of a strange read. 😋
      If you have a pet that have lazy buttons or fading screen, or maybe doesn't seem to work at all, there is a thing you can do.
      You can open up your device, it's easy! Take out all the screws, but remember where they are supposed to sit! Then you can take the screen off. It's No worries! And of it's broken - take the chance to fix it! It's no problem!
      Then after you have taken off everything, you clean everything on the circuit board.  Careful! With alcohol or some other ok liquid for cleaning electronic stuff. You do this with a cotton wad stick, like those for the ears... But don't use a used one! Don't be cheap, take a new one. It's worth it.
      Then if something is wrong the paper behind the screen on your Tamagotchi, like water damage maybe? Then you can throw away and make a new one! Draw something naughty and put it where the old paper was and TADA! New background.
      Make sure to clean the buttons and where they push! Press them a bit insideout and clean.
      Well, after everything is clean, you put it together!!! Remember where the screws went??? I hope so. They have different sizes you know. But don't worry - you did! Yay! It wasn't hard at all and there wasn't many of them!
      When the little critter is put back together, you put the batteries in and try it out. The screen will be stronger now and the buttons a lot bettet!
      But if it still does NOT work it might have something else wrong. You might need to solder. That is a bit more advanced. 
      You'll need to change the 47uf capacitor! I'll write how... It's the funny round things with legs. You need to get it out! Cut it out of the circuit board and make sure EVERY part of it is out. Ok? Then you take your new 47uf capacitor and put it in it's place! Make sure it sits the right way! And you solder that capacitator into place! 
      But some pets use different capacitators, so get the right uf. Ok? There are different volt in capacitators but Tamas use very little.
      Soldering isn't so hard. Save your Tamagotchi!
      (If it's just your sound wires, then you can hot glue them.)
      Anyway... I hope this wicked post helps a Tamagotchi breeder... Somewhere.
      A take apart video!!! Notice the screen. Clean it!
      Look! A Good guide for yr EYEs! (This guy knows Tamagotchi!)
      Good Luck! 🧐

• By logangotchi
      so I wanna know... what is yall's faveorite tamagotchi evolution? mine is kutchipatchi. 
    • By logangotchi
      OMG I am so upset that bandai removed the tamagotchi classic app from the app store. I have it on my phone and ipad but still WHY. Have any of you guys used the tamagotchi classic app?