Help for tamagotchi I used to own

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mametchimama

Reaction score
Mum found one of my old tamagotchis. I used to be crazy about them!

i did some research it’s a Tama-Go. I can’t find a pic that matches how it has kuchipachi with one arm and one down. The pics I’ve seen have both up. 

I am wondering if this can pause like my older tamagotchis and what the far right top button does.. it has mametchi facing away? Doesn’t select?

2u6ies0.jpg

You can pause with A+B (like other Connection Tamagotchis). The top-right button lets you access the character games/shops (you have a Kuchipatchi installed on top of your Tama Go).

If I recall correctly, the Kuchipatchi with only one arm up is the one that came with the Tama Go (as opposed to the sold-separately one). If you can play "Cradle" when you plug it in and select the top-right option, this is the case.

A + b doesn’t work for me for some reason. How do you assess shops? 

What do you mean by thr Tama go and sold separately.. aren’t they all sold seperate? Unsure what you mean? Did it come with something else?

What is cradle? I have no cables or anything 

Can you try pressing A+C together? That's what turns sound on and off on my tama friends, so maybe the controls are switched? 

How do you alter the friendship level? I have taken it to the park but unsure how to make it go up and get a perfect character. I got tarokotchi for an adult which means poor csre. I did feed it regularly and take it the toilet. I had this issue on an old tamagotchi I had (connection?) and I always got him continuously...despite regular care and I had only one death for all of them. So unsure what I do wrong. 

My tarokochi I did lots of games on but weight won’t drop below 40lb so is that ok? I read on another topic it’d overweight? But won’t drop no matter how much games I do. (Games are shoot the bug and long jumper) 

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a guide (here) on what each icon does and gives you a bit more information about it. It might be worth a read and will further help with any questions you might have. 

What do you mean by thr Tama go and sold separately.. aren’t they all sold seperate? Unsure what you mean? Did it come with something else?

What is cradle? I have no cables or anything 
The Kuchipatchi you have on top of your Tama-Go came with the Tama-Go. There were other characters sold separately (like the Kuchipatchi with both arms up, Ringotchi, Ichigotchi, etc.). If you put in your Kuchipatchi figure, you can go to the top-right icon. You'll be able to play a game called "Cradle" where you have to catch falling baby Tamagotchis in cradles.

The shop is accessed from the fourth icon.

The Kuchipatchi you have on top of your Tama-Go came with the Tama-Go. There were other characters sold separately (like the Kuchipatchi with both arms up, Ringotchi, Ichigotchi, etc.). If you put in your Kuchipatchi figure, you can go to the top-right icon. You'll be able to play a game called "Cradle" where you have to catch falling baby Tamagotchis in cradles.

The shop is accessed from the fourth icon.
Mine must be faulty it doesn’t work for me :(  

That’s strange, what does it say when you go to the top right corner as kuchikid said in the previous post?

The connectors might be faulty. Try wiping the figure's connectors (I believe they are heart shaped) with some rubbing alcohol.

The connectors might be faulty. Try wiping the figure's connectors (I believe they are heart shaped) with some rubbing alcohol.
I second this. Rubbing alcohol, q tips and Tamagotchi are a good mix ;)  

I’ll give it a go but don’t think I’m a fan of this type of tamagotchi. Too bulky and boring for me. I miss my old connection :(

Have you thought about trying any of the newer versions? The coloured screen ones have many features although they’re in Japanese, the P’s can be patched into English. The ID L E comes in English but is very expensive and hard to get nowadays.

I’ve been eyeing them up but unsure, may go against it as languages are hard for me 

Most people who have the colored versions don't know Japanese, language is not a barrier at all since you don't need to know the language to enjoy the toy. I mean, how much do you look at what's written on the tamas you have? It's just a matter of memorizing the menus which isn't too hard.

I usually don't even use a guide, finding out where everything is sometimes is part of the fun :)  Though it's still good to use one at some point to make sure you're not missing out on some function, since some things might not be obvious. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back