Sign in to follow this  
GayALaMode

Meets Freezing

Heyo.

So my Magical Meets started acting up after I changed the batteries to new ones on it. What happens is that when it’s left alone and I go to turn on the screen with a button input, the screen lights up but remains frozen in place with no animations and no response from any button press, not even the corresponding sounds play for them either. This also happens when the screen goes to turn off where after doing the tamagotchis idle animation again, the screen freezes. The only solution to this I found was to reset, but oddly, it doesn’t fully reset where it brings you to the Download/Reset screen but instead restores functionality for a bit. However the problem still persists and makes playing and advancing time impossible. Any ideas of a solution to this? Should I change the batteries again?

This is unfortunately one of the many glitches on the Tamagotchi Meets. I found a Reddit post that may help, "From my understanding, there were some reports about it freezing on a black screen, not registering inputs. For this glitch, I read that just taking the batteries out to reset helped the issue." So, it seems that taking the batteries out may fix the problem.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By KidRetro64
      I’m Trying to Download the Meets app again (I deleted it after my meets battery died) and I switch onto Tokyo App Store, But it still says that I’m in the wrong country/region. Can I change this? I’m Starting up my Meets again (Log coming soon xx) and I need it to connect. My iPhone 6S has IOS 12.2 and is in the UK Region right now, and I’ve check, my Meets can definitely connect perfectly!
    • By Megnutt
      Hello! I am not new to the site but have not posted in eons!
      Anyway, I ordered a Magical Meets with downloads from a popular tama source site, and it came yesterday! This morning, I'm fiddling around and notice there is a third page on my locations selection with one option. When i clicked it, it took me to a snowy area with a cute Reindeer. It looked like a snowboard place maybe? 
      Cool! I fiddled around with the options a bit since the first one took me there I tried the 3rd option, which prompted a はい or いいえ option which i chose はい for yes. Then it took me back to the location choice screen and now I only had 2 pages with the option to go to the snowy place gone. Yikes. What did I do? I tried googling to find out but couldnt find anything. Can anyone give me some insight? Did I mess up big time? Or am i worried for nothing? 
      Thanks tamatalk! 
    • By Verklighet
      Hello! Me again. I have not been here in a while, but I have questions.

I remember when the Meets first came out, there was a rumor for there to be a March edition. Specifically, these:

So, looking at JapanYouWant and Cutie Pie Kawaii, these seem to be true..? Do you think that these could have better performances than the original November ones? I also see that there may be a Sanario Meet that might or might not be released.. Do you think that will have better performance? I really hope so.

I also see that a brand new Meets is about USD55 to USD60. And I also saw, on the same website (JapanYouWant), that I could buy a used one for USD45, so I hope if the new Meets have better results (liek not shutting down, wasting the battery (maybe there will be an option to turn off your BlueTooth on your Tamagotchi?), and the LAG), someone doesn't want it and I can get it at a cheaper price.
      What do you think? 
    • By GayALaMode
      Recently I’ve stumbled upon a tumblr post regarding Polywatch being a suitable scratch buffer for color Tamagotchi’s, such as magical meets. Unfortunately after about 2-3 days of play, I got a nasty vertical scratch on my meets screen. 
      I went with Polywatch because it seemed like there was a fair amount of debate on whether or not Duplex works or not, or ruins screens in general. After about 4-5 applications, the smaller screen scratches are nearly gone, however the larger one is still present. I’m going to post my overall results on my tumblr to show before/after images.
      Anyone have any positive experiences with their own solutions to removing scratches?
    • By GayALaMode
      So far, thanks to the guide that’s been circulating around regarding the known color changes, we know that it’s possible to turn your tamas white, yellow, purple, and orange.
      From experience, the black LEGO looking food from Toy Land turn your Tama black.
      From tumblr, I’ve seen someone change a Tama into sky blue from a food item from Fairytale Land (which meets no luck for Magical Meets to achieve that color as far as I know)
      Anyone have any updates on other possible colors to change to? I’m currently looking to see if there’s an option to change a Tama pink myself 
    • By Maggotchi
      Hey everyone! This is my first post, so bear with me if this has been mentioned before:
      I have two tamagotchi meets (magical). I LOVE them, but something funny is happening with my white one (I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but maybe it's worth mentioning...)! She just refuses to progress from teen to adult! My green one has grown into an adult, married, had a baby, and now that baby is an adult. A little insight: I sent both tamas on a cruise while I was at work. I came home to find my male teenager has been replaced or grown into Mametchi! "COOL!" I thought. He was only around for maybe 30 minutes before he was proposed to by a character in the game. He (I) agreed, and off he went to get married and they had a little baby hybrid of themselves. Now, Mametchi and his wifey are doing their thing, and my little girl baby has grown up! It's only been maybe 2 or 3 days since she hatched. She has been able to unlock locations and other fun activities. Meanwhile...my limited tama has been stuck as a teen girl for DAYS! This is the first hatchling I've had on this particular device, and she's not wanting to age up! I'm not playing either device any differently than the other (I often play with them simultaneously). Could this be a glitch? Am I missing something? As adorable as she is, I want her to progress! Anyone know what the deal is?