I have the Tamagotchi 4U (not plus, just regular) and I spent a ton of time yesterday with the app and NFC trying to download the English patch, but it never did. Every time I connected my Tama to NFC with the phone, I got loads of gifts and coupons and whatnot, but could not get the patch to download. I was using the Galaxy S6. Any advice/is there another way to get it?

Have you managed to send anything else via the app?

Posted (edited)

Most people have used the Nexus 7 tablet and it seems to work for the English patch. I personally dont feel like buying a tablet so I live with it in Japanese. But is there a way for S9. To work? Anyways, on mr blinky's website he explains that you have to download some other patch (I forget the name but just search up Mr blinky 4u English patch) before downloading the English patch ( It's all in the same place and same website ). I myself have not downloaded a patch but this is the best advice I could give.

Edited by Tama...gotcha!!

I'd say that the English patch is the least important thing you can even get via the app. It's not even complete (I think it translates mostly menus, which are fairly easy to navigate) and the additional characters and items are more of essence, since there's just so little built in.

Not every device is compatible, and even if it is on the list, it might not work because of regional differences, the most risk free way of getting a device that works is getting one from people like fuzzy-n-chic that sell compatible phones specially for tamas. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SkyBig_ed
      Does anyone know why the tamagotchi 4u app is no longer working??? It just stopped working on the device I had been using it on for years. And so I tried installing it on my new phone which is a sony xperia XZ2 and I made sure to allow android beam, and nfc. And the app opens but it just wont connect to my tamagotchi no matter what I do. 
    • By A_D
      Hi all! I was blessed with a tamagotchi 4u for valentine’s Day! One of the reasons my person bought this model is the ability to go to that garden location since I’ve been randomly into anything gardening lately  - but, I think I read on a forum that special locations have to be unlocked with a certain number of nfc connections - I’m in the USA with only an iPhone with no nfc - to unlock the garden location do I need the app on a nfc smartphone or can I just bump with another 4u? Is it more worth it to buy a second 4u for this or more worth it to get a phone that supports the app? Also, if I dare go to a phone store like Verizon and try and use their androids to get the app and bump do you think that would work? I heard not all models have nfc. Thanks! 

• By Aznpinaygrl
      Hi what stage can we change to different characters? Because I tried it when my main character was a 3 or 4 yrs old and it never change to a character I want ... I looked in the book icon what the characters needs in changing and have done it but it didn't change ... Can anyone help me please,?thank you :-)
    • By Para
      I'm enjoying my 4U, despite my phone not being able to connect through the app (it.s a galaxy s5, US, but still nothing). I do seem to run out of things to do quickly, and as much as I love guru meme queen, I'm eager to try and raise some of the others. I haven't been able to find a life cycle anywhere, like how long it takes to get from one generation to the other. Or do I have to reset? (Maybe I should have gotten a m!x)
    • By vickeus
      Hi!
      So after 6 years, I found my tamagotchi Music Star again and started playing like an idiot. I've had a total of 3 tamagotchis all different versions. I used to save up like crazy when I was a kid.
      Now I really want to buy the 4u or 4u+ i dont care if its in japanese huhu. I'll be going to singapore and korea this year, so if any of you know where to find them in physical stores there please tell me (and approximate how much they are if you can)!! Will definitely go and buy there rather than get it shipped internationally.

Please do help me out! :>
    • By naochi
      Hello!

Not sure if posting this in the right place but if I am not, please let me know so I can post it accordingly.

Anyway, I got myself a some Tamagotchi these past 3 weeks, including two 4us, a blue one and a white one. Both were already used but working...except that the white 4u I have won't go through any patches (english/restore/edit name)

My patch with the blue one went great, so I was thinking everything would be a breeze with the white 4u (it came later than the blue one) So, I did exactly what I did with the blue 4u with it - but every time I click the patch, let's say the english patch titled "EP1-4U" instead of moving on to the "PATCH MAY TAKE SOME TIME..." my Tamagotchi just hops happily and nothing happens. Same thing when I try to restore patch or even with edit name patch.

I hope someone can help or maybe help me out on reaching Mr. Blinky maybe? xD I know he's a busy person but I though this should also help anyone who've experienced the same thing...that, or I'm the unlucky one *sob*

I'd like to note I'm using the same NFC device (Nexus 7, 2013) that I did with the blue 4u. Tried clearing cache of the 4u modded app by Mr. Blinky but still same thing happens...

Not that I can't play the Japanese language one since there are guides and I'm still able to transfer items/games but it would just be better if I were to patch it since there's an available one anyway..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and everyone.