Sign in to follow this  
98mametchi98

What is better? Tamagotchi Original 1997 or 2018?

I would be interested to know which Tamagotchi her qualitatively and quantitatively better. The old from 1997 or the rerelease of 2018?

I also thought about this and would like to hear people's opinions. Mostly I'm curious if the screen quality has any differences.

The remake would be a better purchase though from the standpoint that the innards are not already 20 years old though, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TamaPapa said:

I also thought about this and would like to hear people's opinions. Mostly I'm curious if the screen quality has any differences.

The remake would be a better purchase though from the standpoint that the innards are not already 20 years old though, at least in my opinion.

In my opinion, the speakers are very Bad in the rerelease. 

But the programming is faster than the older Tamagotchi from 1997. 

I think, the Screen quality is the same. I don‘t see some difference.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RxBunnyz
      For the past month or so I've been running 3 different original tamagotchi (P1 and P2) trying to get a secret character, which is something I've never succeeded at before.
      Many people have said to simply get Maskutchi/Zuccitchi and then take perfect care from there.
      Others have suggested these different variables:
      - Discipline 100%, but take average care
      - Discipline 100%, with one or two care misses
      - Discipline 0%, take average care, but no care misses
      - Discipline 75%
      - Keep a low weight
      - Keep a maximum weight
      - Feed no snacks vs feeding snacks
      Etc.
      But I'm starting to wonder if there are more requirements to getting a secret character... Do you need to take certain care when they are a baby? Does the care of their entire life cycle matter?
      I would appreciate advice or input of any kind!
      Has anyone successfully got a secret character by way of taking certain care at other stages? Does babytchi care matter?

• By 98mametchi98
      Hey I have just bought a Tamagotchi Gen1 in a good condition. Yesterday, when I start it, I saw a Box around the egg. I took apart the Tamagotchi and cleaning up the contacts from the screen. And last but not least: Its the same result.
      In this Video, you can see my Problem. (10:55)
      How can I fix it?
      Mametchi98
    • By OneSummerDream
      Hello, everyone! I’ve found some exciting info on the Tamapichi phone that was released back in 1997 by Kyocera. This is a really weird piece of Tamagotchi history, and details in English can be hard to find outside of a few brief articles. There’s actually quite a few photos people have posted, so if you want to see more just look up “たまぴっち.” For convenience, I've ran some of the text through Google Translate. (Also, I wasn't able to shorten most of the URLS properly, sorry ._.) Part of Article: "Bandai, the company that sells Tamagotchi, has spawned about seven million of these hectoring toys since last November, and some have even shown up elsewhere around Asia. It's still not enough. Shortages have driven the price of a Tamagotchi in Tokyo to as high as 15,000 yen ($129). Now, the Tamagotchis are launching an aerial assault. Sometime this month, Bandai will begin selling mobile phones that have a Tamagotchi inside -- the Tamapichi. The phones will operate on Japan's personal handyphone system, the low-priced wireless service that has become the rage among the country's teenage girls. Users no longer will have to watch their Tamagotchi die, they'll be able to blast their tiny beast to another Tamapichi owner's phone, where the ailing creature can frolic with its own kind, feed and regain its pluck. The phones will sell for 45,000 yen. Will these monsters stop at nothing?"
      http://virtualpet.com/vp/farm/lleg/lleg.htm#phones]Source

Generic stock photo: Mametchi! Here’s a comic advert shared by Twitter user @gulico69: https://twitter.com/gulico69/status/775512464184127490 In the comic, two Tamas can be seen sharing a snack. How cute! They can also just hang out, as shown here: Source
      There’s also a video of it hatching: http://twitter.com/korotchi/status/740047518587752449 For more, look under #たまぴっon Twitter and other sites. Apparently, people could connect their Tamas by calling or texting each other if they both had one. If that’s the case, this may be the actual first-ever connecting Tamagotchi (since this was released in June ‘97 a few months before Mesutchi/Osutchi). However, this might mean they’re unable to connect without phone service. It also seems that taking care of it also means checking your calls and text messages in a timely manner: "Tama Pitches" is a rare PHS that DDI pocket has just released with momentum! It was difficult to raise Sugge as the way of growing changed with P mail and incoming! " A lot of the normal icons/options seem to be missing. All I see are the attention and game icons. As for characters, it appears to be a blend of P1 and P2. Some specs:
      http://www2k.biglobe.ne.jp/~mako/pitch.html

The phone also comes with an adorable little charger with Tonmaruchi and Tongaritchi printed on it! If you want one, check out these Mercari listings: Listings But wait- there’s more. There was also a second Tamagotchi phone: It appears that it could connect to an Entama via codes rather than having a Tamagotchi built into it. Google-translated: "en Tama can go out to "travel" if the Tamagotchi, which raised some extent. En Enjoy the content of "Tamagotchi Town", one of the "papipo!" Web services, using occasionally displayed IDs and passwords. If you log out and enter the logout ID and password displayed on the "papipo!" Screen occasionally, the series of operations is completed." https://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/col/20060607/117045/ Another excerpt about it: "WILLCOM and BANDAI announced on joint March 16th that they will release the PHS terminal "Kids' mobile papipo!" For children in June (Photo 1). From March 18th, accept reservations through dedicated website and so on. Although the price is open, it is expected to be 14,800 yen for mail order through Bandai's website." By the way, there was a third Tamagotchi-themed phone that was set for release outside of Japan, but was canceled for unknown reasons. I have no idea where I found the article (since it was a while ago), but to be honest, it looked like a generic flip phone with a Tamagotchi decal. That's it for now. I hope you all enjoyed these little snippets. I’ve been trying to find more about these phones for a while now, and it’s awesome getting some sort of info on them! Of course, there’s also a ton of stuff out there like reviews and blog posts I didn't include for the sake of brevity, so happy sleuthing!
    • By QueenRita
      Alright so, I'm not very good at telling things apart at first glance, especially not Mini's and Original P1/P2s. There's this listing on eBay, and I can't tell if it's a mini or a P1. It has the same shell as a few minis ive seen but I know that minis are based on the original tamagotchi's, so I'm not sure. Also, since they're photos on eBay, i can't physically discern the size of the listed tamagotchi vs a tamagotchi mini. This listing itself is probably a P1/P2, as it has 1997 on the back, but sometimes listings don't include photos of the back, so.

How can I tell the difference between a Tamagotchi P1/P2 and a Tamagotchi Mini?

I mainly ask because I want to know for future reference even though I can tell in this particular scenario so I don't have to worry too hard about it on a later date and can solve the mystery on my own. Does anyone know an effective way to tell P1/P2s apart from Mini's without using size?
    • By Penguin-keeper
      I just wanted to wish everyone and their virtual pets a Happy New Year!

Here's hoping for a good year ahead, and here's hoping that Bandai will do something cool with the Tamagotchi brand outside of Japan this year.
    • By isbnrk
      hi, i just bought an old, original tamagotchi from a yard sale. on the back it says 1997, and its green with yellow and black. it has the back a bit lifted, so i can see it has no batteries, and that there are two spaces for batteries, but i cant open it to apply new ones, since the screws on the back are destroyed, and they look like someone tried to open it but failed. the left screw looks on the outside like someone tried to remove it with heat. its my first tamagotchi, and i really dont know how to remove the lid or what kind of batteries it needs. thanks in advance! ^^