Need help to understand everything

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihana

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

after many years, I decided to buy a new tamagotchi pastel. My last one was a 3 or 4th gen, and I would like to know if those things are also in the tamagotchi pastel:

Can you still have a job in this version? if yes, where?

Will I unlock new mini games when my tama will grow older?

Is the shop selling only the same items? or is it changing after 12 hours or so like in the old tamagotchis?

Is the shop selling lucky items, to have maybe a chance of winning coins/objects?

What are the pets for? 

What are the different destinations for?

What is the mobile app for?

Thanks for your time and your answers!

1. No, sadly there is no job. This feature is mostly absent in the color versions in general, save for the P’s.

2. No, all the games you see in the game corner are final. HOWEVER some teavel destinations MIGHT have additional minigames, I can’t tell you which though since I’m not familiar with the pastel. 

3. The shop always sells the same items though some travel destinations have special items you can only buy there.

4. No to my knowledge, all items just do an animation and that’s it, their main purpose is checking which one the tama you intend to marry likes to make bonding with them easier

5. They’re for nothing really, they’re just pets. You can breed and mix them though, just like tamas.

6. In the destinations you can find all the tamas you can marry, as well as shops with special foods, items and wearables, as well as a special attraction.

7. App is just for fun, you can meet others there and even marry them and play minigames. A lot of people just use it to try to marry characters with Japan-exclusive station genes though since there is now a program for cheating that it’s not necessary anymore

Ok great thanks! So compared to old tamas, those ones are more passive?

The unique goal in the new tamas is to unlock all of them?

"In the destinations you can find all the tamas you can marry, as well as shops with special foods, items and wearables, as well as a special attraction." ->  you can meet tamas to marry in shops? not sure if i understand everything!

Yeah, I'd say color tamas in general are more passive than the older versions, save for a few models. P's probably had the most "stuff to do" and has the most download content, so it's considered the best color version and is very sought after, other versions are mostly just tame. Goal in the older color versions was to raise all the possible characters and you could unlock things like this, however M!X and Meets versions don't have "set" characters anymore due to the breeding and mixing function so basically all you can do is unlocking the destinations (which isn't too difficult honestly) and just seeing what character you can breed.

As for the finding the tamas in the destinations, when you go to a destination you are prompted with a question whether you want to taken an item or not. Choose an item and then choose the very first option- that's where you can meet characters you can marry and breed with! Sadly it's random which one appears so you have to keep trying until you have a bond with them, then you have to buy an engagement ring. In every destination there are different characters, which is desirable because that's how you can try to determine how your character will look like due to genes.

I'm a bit sad that there is not a lot of things to do, but thanks for the answers!

Oh yeah just one last thing, so there is only 2 mini games if we don't count the destinations one?

Yes, just these two aside from destinations ones. Which I'm not even sure if Pastel Meets has - I know that M!X (which is not THAT different from the Meets as a whole) had destinations with minigames, and also downloadable minigames from the station.

Japanese versions overall actually don't boast having too many minigames, we were spoiled with minigames in older versions. While a v4 has like 6 games+job minigames, an Entama has 3 and no job minigames at all. 

Some older color versions had downloadable minigames via IR or NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back