Sign in to follow this  
KidRetro64

Patching TF?

Ok, So I recently Watched this Tamagotchi Friends Teardown video (In Russian), And it was Really  Cool! Here’s the link: 

I have a Few Similar Questions.

1. With NFC, Can you Patch a Friends, Or Make a Platform that could?

So I’m Not an NFC Expert or Anything, But I’ve NEVER Seen an App or platform to Patch a Friends. It’s Wierd, I know there are European versions, but I thought they would make it in Spanish if anything. Can you hack it? If you can make Russian, then can you make it other Languages? I don’t want to mess around with the circuit board, I’m just wondering for simple reasearch and something new to learn!

That tamagotchi was originally in Russian, there's also one in Portuguese I believe. It's not patched, it's originally like this.

There is no app because Tamagotchi Friends never came with an app. It's only made to connect with other Friends and also some Bump spots, but it does not have the same functionality as 4U's NFC. But patching it internally would be probably possible, just not sure what for, as it's already in English (and some other languages they were released in as well).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jhud said:

That tamagotchi was originally in Russian, there's also one in Portuguese I believe. It's not patched, it's originally like this.

There is no app because Tamagotchi Friends never came with an app. It's only made to connect with other Friends and also some Bump spots, but it does not have the same functionality as 4U's NFC. But patching it internally would be probably possible, just not sure what for, as it's already in English (and some other languages they were released in as well).

That’s really cool, except I think they are pretty rare because I’ve never seen one on Ebay or anywhere else. Bandai has a Strong relationship with Spain, so I thought they would have released one in Spanish, too.

Also, Japanese? I understand that it would be extremely difficult to read, but I think Bandai was already busy with the 4U/4U+, as they were released at around the same time (2013/14).  

Posted (edited)

You can find Russian Friends on Russian sites. Non-english European countries rarely use sites like ebay, since you actually need a credit card or just PayPal to use it, which is pretty unpopular in some parts in Europe. There might be a Spanish one too, as I think I've seen one, though I might be confusing it with the Portuguese one.

Poland never got a tamagotchi in Polish, because there was no reason to- most kids know English at least partially, this is true for a lot of other parts of Europe too. So there's no need really to patch one tama into so many languages.

Japanese isn't hard to read (well, it looks difficult at first, but I mean, doesn't Russian look difficult to read at first either?), but either way... TF isn't a Bandai Japan release, it's a Bandai Europe release. Yes, those are separate- just because it's an original Tamagotchi by Bandai, doesn't mean that Bandai Japan worked on it. There is no Japanese Friends to my knowledge (though there is one with Japanese package- it's in English however), 4U were made in Japan while Friends were made in Europe (and then came to the US) as kind of an "answer" to that.

Japanese tamagotchi releases are all different to the English ones- none of the English versions were released in Japan, and none of the Japanese ones were released in the west. 

Edited by Jhud
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By KidRetro64
      Hi 👋 
      I’ve just remembered something! It might not be 100% Accurated as it was 2 Years ago, but I’ll try my best. (It’s just popped into my head, and I’d like to see if anyone else has one like this!)
      Back In 2017, I got my first Tamagotchi; being a Pink Gem Friends. But some how, I remember seeing somewhere this message.
      ”Prototype, Not For Resale”
      I just do! I can’t remember where.. but it was definitely about that Tamagotchi. Does anyone know how the seller could have gotten a Prototype and sold it legally? It can still do everything, like Bumping and connecting to a computer so it’s really good! But my sister and BFF have one and there Tamagotchis are totally normal..
    • By fidgetTama
      https://mobile.twitter.com/MstrBlinky/status/859108809138110465

I haven't seen anyone else post about this so I will! How cool is this?? I tested it on my tamagotchi friends and it works fine!!!

http://mrblinky.net/tama/friends/ezgotchi/

This is the actual thing, all credit goes to the amazing Mr. Blinky!
    • By Verklighet
      What are your experiences interacting with Tamagotchi around people you know?

I wanted to share this story that happened yesterday.
      I was on the bus and the friend that knows about my Tamagotchi was scolding me while I was playing with them (in a silly way), saying, "It's just
      the same thing over and over, how can you enjoy these," and I was trying to compare Tamagotchis to maybe someone's favorite food.
      It's the same, but you wouldn't mind having it again and again because you love it so much.

Soon, my other friend came over and us three were walking to the bus stop while Friend 1 was still ranting about my
      "Tamagotchi obsession." Friend 2 asked, "What is a Tamagotchi? Can I see it? How many do you have?" Friend 1 laughed and said
      I had, like, ten.. (I really have six). I told him I had three with me and pulled out one of my M!Xs and let him play with it while we were
      on the bus. Friend 1 actually wanted to see my other M!X, so I let her, and she was complaining the whole time about how stupid it was. XD

Near Friend 2's bus stop, I lean over and ask him how he likes it. Friend 1 abruptly says she doesn't like it and hands it back to me and
      Friend 2 looks up at me, smiles, and says he likes it. Friend 1 gasped and told him not to fall down into this abyss of Tamagotchi.
      It was hilarious. He asked me to send him some links to where to buy them online.

• By Berryitchi
      Hai!

I've been wondering which tama to get next. I'll have to buy from Amazon. Here are my 3 tama choices: A Friends (not the Dream Town version), a 4U, or an original P.

So, which tama is the best out of those 3? ONLY those 3. xD The Friends, a 4U or a P1/P2? The P would be the Japanese version.

I want games, and... yeah. xD Something to amuse me when I'm bored. xD

So, which is the best? The Friends is the most expensive, with the P being the cheapest. I didn't think that the Friends were that popular, but y'know.

Thanks! Bai
    • By Berryitchi
      Hello! I was wondering what tamagotchi friends design is the most popular. I like the pink hearts the most with the colourful leopard being a close second. Take the poll!
    • By QueenRita
      Hi! I'm looking into getting more Tamagotchi's and I was wondering how much you guys would recommend a Dream Town.

What I like in a Tamagotchi is, a lot of, games. Looking at the Dream Town, there's like, 11? But those are hard for me to find... And then I'm not sure how I feel about normal tamagotchi friends, plus I don't really want to buy another one for the BFF stuff just yet. Friends are SUPER easy to find though, I just. Think I would prefer a Dream Town... Idk. I'll figure it out I guess but I wanted y'alls input too. Ty!