Patching TF?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Ok, So I recently Watched this Tamagotchi Friends Teardown video (In Russian), And it was Really  Cool! Here’s the link: 

I have a Few Similar Questions.

1. With NFC, Can you Patch a Friends, Or Make a Platform that could?

So I’m Not an NFC Expert or Anything, But I’ve NEVER Seen an App or platform to Patch a Friends. It’s Wierd, I know there are European versions, but I thought they would make it in Spanish if anything. Can you hack it? If you can make Russian, then can you make it other Languages? I don’t want to mess around with the circuit board, I’m just wondering for simple reasearch and something new to learn!

That tamagotchi was originally in Russian, there's also one in Portuguese I believe. It's not patched, it's originally like this.

There is no app because Tamagotchi Friends never came with an app. It's only made to connect with other Friends and also some Bump spots, but it does not have the same functionality as 4U's NFC. But patching it internally would be probably possible, just not sure what for, as it's already in English (and some other languages they were released in as well).

That tamagotchi was originally in Russian, there's also one in Portuguese I believe. It's not patched, it's originally like this.

There is no app because Tamagotchi Friends never came with an app. It's only made to connect with other Friends and also some Bump spots, but it does not have the same functionality as 4U's NFC. But patching it internally would be probably possible, just not sure what for, as it's already in English (and some other languages they were released in as well).
That’s really cool, except I think they are pretty rare because I’ve never seen one on Ebay or anywhere else. Bandai has a Strong relationship with Spain, so I thought they would have released one in Spanish, too.

Also, Japanese? I understand that it would be extremely difficult to read, but I think Bandai was already busy with the 4U/4U+, as they were released at around the same time (2013/14).  

You can find Russian Friends on Russian sites. Non-english European countries rarely use sites like ebay, since you actually need a credit card or just PayPal to use it, which is pretty unpopular in some parts in Europe. There might be a Spanish one too, as I think I've seen one, though I might be confusing it with the Portuguese one.

Poland never got a tamagotchi in Polish, because there was no reason to- most kids know English at least partially, this is true for a lot of other parts of Europe too. So there's no need really to patch one tama into so many languages.

Japanese isn't hard to read (well, it looks difficult at first, but I mean, doesn't Russian look difficult to read at first either?), but either way... TF isn't a Bandai Japan release, it's a Bandai Europe release. Yes, those are separate- just because it's an original Tamagotchi by Bandai, doesn't mean that Bandai Japan worked on it. There is no Japanese Friends to my knowledge (though there is one with Japanese package- it's in English however), 4U were made in Japan while Friends were made in Europe (and then came to the US) as kind of an "answer" to that.

Japanese tamagotchi releases are all different to the English ones- none of the English versions were released in Japan, and none of the Japanese ones were released in the west. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back