Homebrew Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

decepticoncrown

Reaction score
This is something that has been in the back of my mind for a while. I'm not very knowledgeable about hacking, so apologies if some of my terminology gets confused.

Has anyone attempted to make a homebrew Tamagotchi? Or at some point did one exist? For the uninitiated, a homebrew is is normally a game created by fans that is released on a platform that is not user-programmable. I have seen many hacks for color Tamagotchis to add more environments, items, or even characters but it's still the same game. I think with the right information it could be possible to hack a P1/P2 and make it into it's own edition.

There are a few members who are interested in the workings of tamagotchis, looking at their programming and modifying them - obviously for their own personal use and interest rather than to promote for others to use.

BanDai can be a little sensitive about these things and have threatened legal action in the past when they felt some modifications or hacks have been promoted or shared too much within the VP community.

It's not quite the same as your question, but this thread has some content that might be interesting for you to read through:

Thanks for the recommendation! That thread is very interesting. I had no idea Bandai was sensitive about this particular subject, but it makes sense. I recall once reading about a few fanmade (online) Tamas that were in bad taste... :( I wonder if Bandai would lighten up if a group of fans asked for their seal of approval first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back