Should I buy a used Tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchirocks

Reaction score
I want to get a used IDL from ebay, and the pictures look pretty good....the seller just listed it as used but I have no idea about the quality and functionality.

I understand that it obviously depends on the device itself, but in general what are your experiences with used tamas? Are they any good, do they stop working or something after a couple months?

Also, any tips or tricks on getting used tamas from ebay? Japanyouwant doesn't seem to have any in stock at the moment.

Thanks!

Personally I have gotten a lot of second hand tamas from Ebay, and more often than not the description is very accurate. I don't think I've ever gotten a tama that was in worse condition than posted. It's a great way to get your collection going! A lot of used ones will have wear and tear, but usually not so bad you don't want to use it unless it's in a lot. 

The IDL is a great color tama, one of my favorites! If you want some tips, I find searching for "tamagotchi lot" every now and then can be very beneficial. I've seen lots of 10+ go for very cheap. The condition can be good or bad, but sometimes you can snag a really good deal that way. 

Best of luck to you though! Ebay can be tricky and at times disappointing; but usually so very worth it, it balances out. If you ever feel jaded by a purchase and the seller wasn't honest, always ask for a refund. Hope this helps!

Most sellers I have encountered on ebay will mention either in the title or the listing whether or not the Tama will work. I haven't seen many broken color editions on sale. The biggest problem with used Tamas is that the shells are either missing paint, plastic is scuffed up or the screen has scratches. If you're okay with those possible problems, a used Tama is a great way to save money. My only used Tama I have off hand is a English Angel edition and it has always worked great.

Yeah, it's a good way to get afforable tamas.  The paint may be a little chipped/discoloured though, so check the listing photos.  Super recommend getting a used IDL.

Most people buy used, at least when it comes to older versions. There's really no reason to buy a NIB one unless you find a good deal, are VERY sensitive towards scratches or are a NIB collector.

That said when it comes to Meets it's better to buy NIB. If you see a cheap used one it's probably glitchy. 

I think it's a pretty good way of getting tamas at an affordable price. However, the paint may be damaged. If you don't care about that and you're sure that it works, then go ahead and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back