Anyone have any information on the 'Virtual Mickey Mouse'?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently remembered an old vpet I'd heard about called the 'Virtual Mickey Mouse'. A few Google searches only turned up a images and ebay listings, none of which provided much information.

It's yellow, with four buttons, and seems to come with a patterned lanyard and an object I can't quite identify. It lists 'VGS', Virtual Game System as a manufacturer (?). It apprears to come with instructions, but I can't find them anywhere.

If anyone owns, has owned, or knows about it, I'd like to know more about it and if it's a worthwhile purchase.

I knew someone who had one of these, back in the day, but I don't remember a lot about it, so I don't know if it's worth picking one up.

I do know that it's not a lanyard that it comes with, though - it's a removable watch-strap. The other object seems to be some sort of keychain, though I don't think that all regions got this - here in the UK we only got the watch-strap, if memory serves. I also know that they came in numerous colours - I know of at least black, blue, red, and yellow.

Tamenagerie mentions it here, and their (sadly-minimal) write-up lines up with what little I remember. The picture on Tamenagerie's page also tells us that it was distributed by a company called "Playworks", under the old "Mickey For Kids" brand (does anyone else remember that? :p), using the names "Virtual Mickey" and "Cyber Mickey".

An old listing on Japan You Want shows that it was sold in Japan as "Mickey Life Game", and provides us with images of a version where the buttons are in different places - two below the screen, and one on each ear, instead of all four being below the screen. Their photo of the back of the box gives some clues about the virtual pet's functions, too, which might be helpful!

I'm sorry that I can't provide any more information than that - good luck with your searching, and please post back with your thoughts if you end up getting one. :D

Latest posts

Back