Generation 1 2018 - Marutchi died for no reason?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamagotchiTreasury

Reaction score
Is this a common thing/problem or is it just a wierd one-off situation? My Marutchi was well looked after. He died just over an hour ago with four full health hearts and four full happy hearts. I had him round my neck while I was shopping, then suddenly I heard the dreaded heart-machine noise and next thing he was dead. Died at 3 years. What the Hell happened? I would have thought you'd have to be dreadful at taking care of these for this to happen in child stage. He was fine until that point?

Overdoing the snacks is what usually causes early death in these re-issues, as they were changed up a little bit to give snacks consequences.

Overdoing the snacks is what usually causes early death in these re-issues, as they were changed up a little bit to give snacks consequences.
Ah. That explains it. I didn't expect that. I know they run faster but didn't think they'd change any main coding. At least that does explain it though.

Ah. That explains it. I didn't expect that. I know they run faster but didn't think they'd change any main coding. At least that does explain it though.
Oh, they definitely made changes! It's also easier to get the good-care characters, which makes it trickier to get the middle-of-the-road and secret ones.

Another change is that things like misbehaviour, sickness, and pooping will happen outside of the normal schedule for those things, too. This actually makes things more fun, I think, since it's less predictable and gives a greater appearance of personality. :lol:

All of these things have come up and been documented numerous times since these were released in Japan in late 2017. ;)

Oh, they definitely made changes! It's also easier to get the good-care characters, which makes it trickier to get the middle-of-the-road and secret ones.

Another change is that things like misbehaviour, sickness, and pooping will happen outside of the normal schedule for those things, too. This actually makes things more fun, I think, since it's less predictable and gives a greater appearance of personality. :lol:

All of these things have come up and been documented numerous times since these were released in Japan in late 2017. ;)
This to me is very interesting indeed. As someone who has used the original ones since 1997 countless times, it's almost like a new take on the same thing which makes it familiar yet new. Familiar yet fresh. 

This to me is very interesting indeed. As someone who has used the original ones since 1997 countless times, it's almost like a new take on the same thing which makes it familiar yet new. Familiar yet fresh. 
It's almost like a "director's cut" or something. :lol:

Ok I think something is actually wrong with it this time. .. full health and happiness on a new attempt. Cut back on sweets in favour of games and BAM. Dead at 3 years again in Marutchi stage. What is going on here? 

Ok I think something is actually wrong with it this time. .. full health and happiness on a new attempt. Cut back on sweets in favour of games and BAM. Dead at 3 years again in Marutchi stage. What is going on here? 

No idea, happened to me with a full discipline bar too.
Now we have a mystery! :eek:

When you guys first started playing, did you hit the reset button before hatching your first egg? I know that they've typically recommended that over the years in order to prevent unexpected behaviour and glitches.

Well for me the first death came from a hatch of a brand new out the box pet. I pulled the tab out and he was ready to go. Second time was a back reset using a pin head. Both died at 3 years as Marutchi. I have brought it back to life again this time with an A+C reset. It's the last option really. 

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this problem. I thought it might do this when batteries were weak but... That's kinda just stretching. Never had anything like this with the originals. 

Maybe it was best to just do a full rerelease of the classics if this is a side effect of tampering...

Now we have a mystery! :eek:

When you guys first started playing, did you hit the reset button before hatching your first egg? I know that they've typically recommended that over the years in order to prevent unexpected behaviour and glitches.
No I didn't reset it, and it was a one off event.

Third time lucky they say, though I don't want to speak too soon. My third hatch has gotten past Marutchi stage and is now in a Kutchitametchi stage. Thank God.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I spoke to soon. He died again, this time in Kutchitametchi stage at 5 years. Once again, with four full happy hearts and four full hungry hearts. I don't understand it. I'm thinking it's defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back