LEAKED: Tamagotchi On- Localised Tamagotchi Meets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniTamastar

Reaction score
GUYS! This is on amazon? It is called Tamagotchi On and it seems like it is a localised tamagotchi meets?? Have our prayers been answered?  https://www.amazon.com/Tamagotchi-42834-On-Magic-Purple/dp/B07R18MJGM/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Tamagotchi%2BOn&qid=1557159747&s=gateway&sr=8-1&pldnSite=1&th=1

91T8cNxho9L._SL1500_.jpg
This box looks HUGE
71mT4vHBhbL._SL1020_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is the box so big?? Japanese color releases specifically are rather economical, meanwhile this looks as if it could fit two tamagotchis...

I am quite curious though. I'd sell my Meets and buy these instead but if this is an US/NA only release then getting it imported would probably come out to be more expensive than importing one from Japan was. 

I'm in shock, I never thought this day would come! 

Everything looks legitimate, I havent found anything with more info on them, but I'm sure that will come up in the next few days or weeks.

If this is truly happening it's some of the best news possible. I wonder what the future holds for English releases after this.

AHHHHHHH I'm so happy right now my eyes were welling up. I'm so glad Tamagotchi's are coming back to the states!

It looks like Tama Pets are still going to be a thing, but wondering if twins will still be a thing since they're starting us off at Meets. Probably will, but there just wasn't any mention of it in the Amazon description excerpt. 

@DaniTamastar - Fantastic find! :D I must admit that I never expected this to happen so soon. Hopefully they'll fix the bugs that the Japanese versions have in this localised edition!

So that's the Connection re-release rumours debunked then.  :p
Whoever saw that one coming, eh? ;)

Why is the box so big?? Japanese color releases specifically are rather economical, meanwhile this looks as if it could fit two tamagotchis...
I'm going to hazard a guess that they're going to be banking on the typical perception of "big special-looking box = product worth a higher price-tag" because these are going to be more expensive than what people are accustomed to for virtual pets. Hopefully the packaging materials will be recyclable, at least.

It IS going to be about 60$, which is a big price for the US market, then again, toys are getting more and more expensive and toy reviewing is all the rage nowadays, maybe it won't do so badly.

We'll see if some tama-youtubers will get a testing unit like they did with the Minis. 

This is so exciting! I haven't been keeping up with the recent tama releases, so this will be an amazing chance to jump back into it.

Great find! I was expecting Bandai to either translate one of the older versions or make a new one entirely, but this is way better. I hope Bandai also releases a few of the other versions. Sanrio version in English would be amazing. (Fingers crossed there's compatibility with the Meets, but there probably won't >_<) And yeah, the packaging is comically big. I guess it's like billboards where the more space they take up the more noticeable they are to people passing by. As for the $60 price tag, the $100 Furby Connect from a few years ago, which barely does anything without a smart device, did well so this shouldn't be an issue.

So psyched for this! Already preorderd on Amazon (though I wish the yellow Fairy version was making it here). I wonder what the geo-location play is that it mentions will be like.  Fingers crossed they fixed the reset problem, too!

So psyched for this! Already preorderd on Amazon (though I wish the yellow Fairy version was making it here). I wonder what the geo-location play is that it mentions will be like.  Fingers crossed they fixed the reset problem, too!
The geolocation feature on the app detects what type of place you are at and shows your Tamagotchi going somewhere similar. Ex) If you scan at a restaurant, your Tama will also visit a restaurant. You can even get special items if you scan at a specific retail store during an event.

I'm surprised they're not marketing the Tamas mix feature as much as they could be, but the fact that they're in color. Kinda glazing over the whole thing there Bandai. lol
To be fair, from most people's perspectives, we've gone from the 1990s originals, to the 20th Anniversary Minis, to these, so colour displays are going to sound like a pretty big deal, never mind the rest of the features. :lol:

I'm gonna go with a wild guess here but...Do you think the Tamagotchi meets Fantasy will also be released in English? It kinda fits seeing how it's a little disney-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back