Do you plan on getting a Tamagotchi On? What is most appealing about it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

I am curious to know who is planning on getting a Tamagotchi On (vote in the poll)...

Also, what is most appealing to you about the Tamagotchi On? Color screen? App integration? Just to have a new release? Something else?

What is Tmagaotchi On? :O I'm a bit new to the topic, sorry..

I'm happy to see a new English-language release, and I'm happy to see them finally releasing the colour Tamagotchis outside of Japan, but I haven't decided whether or not I'll pick up a Tamagotchi On yet.

The reason for that is that I was burned by the bugginess of the Tamagotchi Meets (I imported one upon release), and didn't find it to be as engaging as the pre-Connexion Tamagotchis partly as a result of this.

I won't consider it if the bugs haven't been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have one preordered on Amazon!

I agree with PK when it comes to the bugs - I haven't gotten all that much mileage out of my meets because of them - but I really wanna support English tama releases, and I'd really more than anything like to be able to see what all the little bits of dialog are about that all the color tamas have. I think that alone will make it more engaging. I've always liked the genetic fusions of the Mix and Meets, so it'll be cool to get all that and understand what I'm reading, too!

The geolocation mentioned on the box seems as well, but I'm wondering how that'll actually pan out. Also I wonder how quickly it'll drain batteries. >>

Either way, I'm pumped!

I couldn't care less about app integration if I tried. I just like a tamagotchi to be a tamagotchi and that's it. I voted happy to see a new release though I admit the genetics thing is interesting.

All the above for me. I was planning to get the Anniversary Gift M!x but then I found out about this release and decided to save my money for the Tamagotchi ON. I have my eye on the green magical. I've wanted a color screen in forever, I love idea of mixing traits and the use of an app. I'm sure many of us remember having Tama's that could connect and wishing we knew more people in our area with one to marry our Tama to and not having to rely on the matchmaker or buy two units.

I'm hoping the release goes well and then Bandai will release other versions to the west as well as completely new Tama's meaning less having to import Tama's from Japan.

I preordered the magical green Tamagotchi On. Hoping to pick up another Tamagotchi On in stores.

I'm going to get the blue one for sure.  Maybe a green one too.  I'm going to wait til they hit the stores though.

I'm very happy that a color Tamagotchi is finally being released in English, but as for me, I don't think I'll buy one. Tamagotchis like the Meets Pastel, Meets Sanrio or Meets Fantasy seem more appealing to me. Perhaps the Tamagotchi On becomes the first step for more Tamagotchis like these (still?) Japan exclusives to come out from Japan in English in the future, and hopefully with good sales and increasing popularity in the whole world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about Tamas past the Connects due to importing them being so pricey. But i'm totally down to pay the $60 (I think it was $60?) to support the English release and to show them I care!

I'm not sure which one im gonna get since like I said, I know nothing about Tamas past the Connects, but ill probably get a Magic Green due to it being one of my favorite colors, and because I dont know the differences lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back