Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Do you plan on getting a Tamagotchi On? What is most appealing about it?

Will you be getting a Tamagotchi On?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting a Tamagotchi On?

2. 2. What is most appealing to you about the Tamagotchi On?

• Color screen
    • App integration
    • Marriage/child genetics features
    • Engish language
    • Just happy to see new release

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/31/2019 at 11:03 PM

I am curious to know who is planning on getting a Tamagotchi On (vote in the poll)...

Also, what is most appealing to you about the Tamagotchi On? Color screen? App integration? Just to have a new release? Something else?

• Like 1

What is Tmagaotchi On? :O I'm a bit new to the topic, sorry..

45 minutes ago, Aleiks said:

What is Tmagaotchi On? 😮 I'm a bit new to the topic, sorry..

This topic and this topic both talk about the Tamagotchi On. The first one has a link to its commercial in the first post. It is looking pretty awesome!

• Like 1

I'm going to try to get one because I think supporting tamas in different languages and regions is a good thing for the hobby!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm happy to see a new English-language release, and I'm happy to see them finally releasing the colour Tamagotchis outside of Japan, but I haven't decided whether or not I'll pick up a Tamagotchi On yet.

The reason for that is that I was burned by the bugginess of the Tamagotchi Meets (I imported one upon release), and didn't find it to be as engaging as the pre-Connexion Tamagotchis partly as a result of this.

I won't consider it if the bugs haven't been fixed.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 3

Already have one preordered on Amazon!

I agree with PK when it comes to the bugs - I haven't gotten all that much mileage out of my meets because of them - but I really wanna support English tama releases, and I'd really more than anything like to be able to see what all the little bits of dialog are about that all the color tamas have. I think that alone will make it more engaging. I've always liked the genetic fusions of the Mix and Meets, so it'll be cool to get all that and understand what I'm reading, too!

The geolocation mentioned on the box seems as well, but I'm wondering how that'll actually pan out. Also I wonder how quickly it'll drain batteries. >>

Either way, I'm pumped!

• Like 2

I couldn't care less about app integration if I tried. I just like a tamagotchi to be a tamagotchi and that's it. I voted happy to see a new release though I admit the genetics thing is interesting.

• Like 1

I will be getting one! I pre-ordered one a few days ago and am looking forward to trying it out! :) 

All the above for me. I was planning to get the Anniversary Gift M!x but then I found out about this release and decided to save my money for the Tamagotchi ON. I have my eye on the green magical. I've wanted a color screen in forever, I love idea of mixing traits and the use of an app. I'm sure many of us remember having Tama's that could connect and wishing we knew more people in our area with one to marry our Tama to and not having to rely on the matchmaker or buy two units.

I'm hoping the release goes well and then Bandai will release other versions to the west as well as completely new Tama's meaning less having to import Tama's from Japan.

I preordered the magical green Tamagotchi On. Hoping to pick up another Tamagotchi On in stores.

the wait is deadly.

I'm going to get the blue one for sure.  Maybe a green one too.  I'm going to wait til they hit the stores though.

Planning to get the Magical Purple version in stores on release day, but that might be hard. We just have to see :P

Posted (edited)

I'm very happy that a color Tamagotchi is finally being released in English, but as for me, I don't think I'll buy one. Tamagotchis like the Meets Pastel, Meets Sanrio or Meets Fantasy seem more appealing to me. Perhaps the Tamagotchi On becomes the first step for more Tamagotchis like these (still?) Japan exclusives to come out from Japan in English in the future, and hopefully with good sales and increasing popularity in the whole world.

Edited by Ame-rein
  • Like 2

I know nothing about Tamas past the Connects due to importing them being so pricey. But i'm totally down to pay the $60 (I think it was $60?) to support the English release and to show them I care!

I'm not sure which one im gonna get since like I said, I know nothing about Tamas past the Connects, but ill probably get a Magic Green due to it being one of my favorite colors, and because I dont know the differences lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Save_Tamagotchis
      I got my Tamagotchi ON today. The Green Magical.
      The Tama was a boy.
      So far there is a slight bit of lag with the buttons but nothing to hair pulling levels. The screw was really wedged in there, by the way you need a small flat head screw driver to remove the back to put batteries in and you need to pull down on the backing to slide it out.
      I fed him, he pooped twice so far and got a tooth ache from me trying to max is happiness out with snacks as I don't think games are available at the baby stage.
      Update: He pooped a few more times and I fed him some more before he grew up into a toddler, Hoshipontchi, the good care toddler so it looks like he's off to a good start! He went to sleep after that. Sadly because my Tama was delivered late in the evening I couldn't do much except the usual care for a baby before growth to a toddler. I'm sure if it was delivered earlier I could have played with him more.
      Also stinks because I have work tomorrow so now I have to unlock the hotel before I leave to make sure he's paused before I go.
      At least him becoming a toddler got me 300 gotchi points so that's enough for my work day plus travel time to and from work.

• By Save_Tamagotchis
      I've been reading that people have suffered their Tamagotchi ON or Meets suffering currupted data and other problems due to items or characters made in the MyMeets fan app.
      I have no intention of using the app with my Tamagotchi ON or the Meets app with my ON. But I'm worried about those who have used it and then go on to use the ON's app when its finally released and interact with other users through the marriage feature.
      Even though Bandai Japan has warned people to not use the MyMeets app with the Meets app or their account would be banned and their warranty on the device voided I'm sure there are people out there that will ignore this and do it anyway.
      It makes me worried about when the ON's app is released. Like if I connect and end up marrying my Tama to a Tama whose user used the MyMeets app for its genetics will it brick or corrupt my ON?
      After 3 months of waiting for this devices release and the app, having that happen would really stink. I hate the idea of having to restrict my use of the app, especially the one feature I liked about it the most (marrying my Tama to other users Tama's) because of this.
      Is there any info regarding if data corruption can happen between a Tama that had the MyMeets used with it and a Tama that hasn't and if the non MyMeets Tama got corrupted or glitchy? I've heard of people who had used the MyMeets app having their Tama corrupted but not if it spread through connecting it in anyway with other Tama's.
    • By Save_Tamagotchis
      Barnes and Noble has the Green Magical Tamagotchi ON for order, as in to buy not pre-ordering. They don't have the other three colors though. I ordered it yesterday and I'm just on the order tracking screen like...

• By Save_Tamagotchis
      Wanted to know what versions people are getting. I heard the Magical, specifically the Purple Magical is popular in Japan. So I'm curious of what versions are popular in the west.
    • By Save_Tamagotchis
      Due to the Meets and ON being found by several reviewers of the ON to be able to connect, after Bandai US stated they would not be able to, some in the community began to feel that if they were wrong about the two connecting that Bandai US was wrong about the bugs and glitches in the Meets being fixed in the ON was also not correct.
      I messaged Bandai US about this. Bellow is the message I sent them and their response. The blackout information is my name to protect my privacy.
      Bandai's Response to a Message I sent regarding The ON and Meets Connecting and Possible Retained Bugs
    • By Save_Tamagotchis
      Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this but Tamagotchi Warnings is for warnings on fakes and these from what anyone can tell are real Tamagotchi ON's.
      I saw this video from a fellow Tama fan on YouTube about a person selling Tamagotchi ON's. There is also a Chinese market like store selling up to 18 Tamagotchi ON's with a tag on the box scribbled out. Like the video maker said this scribbled out info could be something such as "defective" or the Tama being a test model and not one meant for sale.
      The eBay seller and buyers are from the UK, seeing as the UK will not be getting the Tama's I agree with the video creator that the sale was a good deal. The buyer even sold 2 of the 3 Tamagotchi ON's they bought.
      But the question remains of where these are all coming from if its not due for release until next month. I agree with the video maker that if these were given to the seller as Tama's to review then they shouldn't have been sold and should respect Bandai's release date for this product. The Chinese site I can't figure out where these could be coming from.
      Here's a link to the video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lYflZdU4Dc