Sign in to follow this  
OneSummerDream

Tamagotohi + FM + Color?

Posted (edited)

Yes, that’s how JD spelled it. 

The Tamagotohi is a fake Color Tama that came out a year after the real one (so, 2009). It has a built in FM radio, IR communication like real Tamagotchis, and photos can be transferred via USB to use it as a digital photo frame. 

The only known screenshot was posted here on TamaTalk a few years ago, but the link provided there leads to a blank page with no archives.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/189867-tamagotchi-colour-fake/

spacer.png

A reserve image search revealed that it had originally been shared to another Tamagotchi forum back in 2009. Google Translated English version here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fun facts- The Tamagotohi originally retailed for $6 USD adjusted for today. If you look closely on the box, it shows drawings of the different characters.

User MadamBoss of Tamagochy shared a photo of the toy and box, confirming something: this was made by JiDan. Look at how the model number has “JD” before it. This is how every virtual pet by JiDan (under their original name) is stylized:

Ex)spacer.png

Interestingly, the Touma Pet (a recent fake Color by M&D) has a similar model number, only this time it has “OK” before it. (Plus it uses stuff from A-Watch and QPet Quolor.) Where have we seen that before? Oh yeah! Are M&D, OK, and JD related? Who knows. If so, a Bootleg Tamagotchi conspiracy would prove that reality truly is stranger than fiction.

The gist: Color Tama fakes are nothing new. And, the Handwarmer Pedometer Handwarmer Powerbank Tamagotchi is the tip of the iceberg for mutant bootlegs.

At the moment, there are no known videos, other photos, or old listings. The lack of any info makes it more illusive than even the Tamagezi. This can be considered “lost,” as there is no actual documentation left online. With that being said, if anyone here has more things like pictures or one of these perplexing devices on hand, it would be much appreciated if you could help solve the mysteries surrounding this strange bootleg.

Edited by OneSummerDream
Added more details
  • Like 2

I want. Where to find. That s the question.

Looking more revealed that there actually are listings on other sites, but they’re all a few years old.

There are two listings on Lulusoso.

52-A8492-D-A0-AC-48-B6-A02-C-FAD112-E44-

Notice how there isn’t a visible FM receiver on this one, but still says Tama + C + FM. And if you look closely , there is an official Tamagotchi character! Is this the original QPet Quolor? Actually, no. This has completely different features from that (assuming the description is correct). The link says it includes street food. I wonder other new things this has in store. Compared to the QPet, there’s actually a lot missing. The branding is listed as DigiKing, known for Digimon bootlegs, and it is JiDan under a different name. For those really wanting one, you can inquire about one here.

Personally I don’t find it worth the hassle but it’s there if anyone wants to take one for the team. Lulusoso is a wholesale site but I don’t see a quantity requirement as usual, so maybe it would be possible to just get one or two? Well, that’s assuming they still have any.

Also there are some on another site. Great news: Another new pic of the bunny character! Yay! Unfortunately it has a min. order of 10,000. Wow, I want one but not that badly.

498551-BF-8-CE0-4-A40-9-F2-D-4-BF1-AF6-C

Seriously, who would want that many? They would probably have a better time just selling individually. Whatevs -_-

709-EEF4-C-1939-4-E2-B-9740-1135-DD6-A1-

The company has a website where there is a more “fancy” shell design.

No FM radio function is listed, but then again neither is the pet game. It just mentions the digital photo frame, which for whatever reason was all the rage back in 2009. Maybe it is just a few games with no vpet, but then again it would still be worth a look at. JD used to make many different versions of their fake v-pets, so it’s possible that they did the same with the Tamagotohi. This site also has a section to inquire, but again it’s not a guarantee. 

I think this is the closest we’ll get to finding a listing for now. My hopes are that they either get rereleased or one randomly turns up somewhere. 

• Like 1

They're selling them in 10,000's because it's a wholesale listing, those are for sellers.

I remember seeing this fake looong time ago, I kind of regret not getting it back then.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By OneSummerDream
      Hello and welcome to my mega bootleg log, and also first log ever! 
      I will be running a bunch of different bootlegs and knockoffs, some of which are obscure. If you have any questions about one, please leave a question and I will reply to it in the next entry.
      Where to find fakes: eBay is good for older knockoffs from the 90's, while Aliexpress is great for finding new ones. Taobao also has a lot,  but you might need a middleman depending on where you live. I don't recommend buying any besides M&D ones (QPet, Nana Moon, etc.) because they tend to be really bad otherwise.
      First up is the Crystal Warriors 10th Anniversary game. Info links:
      English instructions here.
      Baidu article here.
       All 130 episodes of Crystal Warriors here.
      Pics of the box.
      After doing some research it turns out the cartoon was only 8 years old at the time these were released, but apparently in order to coincide with the Pendulum 20th Anniversaries M&D made this rerelease. The instructions also state that there are 4 different versions, similar to the real Pendulum releases, but this is false and they all have Vritramon. (However, the original release of this did have 4 and had more care features, and there's always a possibility of M&D releasing more in the future.) This probably isn’t going to fool anyone, but is it a bad knockoff? Surprisingly, no. I’ve never played a Digimon before and am not that familiar with them, but from what I’ve seen it is kinda similar.
      There are 6 different tournaments, and I have 3 more to go. Then, there is a final boss. After that I have to replay through everything again in order to get 200% completion, so nothing will be missed. 

Recap of Day 1, Sorry no photos this time: 
      I started the Crystal Warrior up, and right off the bat I knew this wasn’t going to be a standard vpet. It’s more of a game that mimics a virtual pet. This was surprising since the Nana Moon minis have all their features entact, but not these. Unfortunately, when M&D pumped these out to cash in on the anniversary Pendulums, they got rid of pet functions. There's still an incentive to check on it, since its power will slowly deplete every few hours. I just put the tab back in when I'm busy since it has a save feature.

After reading the instructions and grinding with the 3 games to buy a crystal, it was time to enter the first tournament. Evolving the monster makes it very OP, rendering the Help feature obsolete since using crystals to evolve is necessary to win. I had no idea what was going on, but it was a swift victory. The second one was harder, since I tried relying on the Help. That ended up backfiring, and I lost during the 4th round. For “Help,” there are 3 other characters to choose from, which are from the 3 other versions. Each swapped warrior replaces Vritramon and evolves into its second form to attack, but can only be used once per tournament. Battles only last a few rounds, even if both are still standing. Whoever has the most HP left wins. Since HP doesn’t replenish between rounds, I was lucky to have even made it that far. When you lose, the warrior’s power/training bar stays the same but you have to try again. There’s a progress page that shows total battles won (regardless if the tourney is lost) and the total completion rate. 
      After grinding for more money and rebuying the crystal, it was pretty easy. Rinse and repeat for round 3, and I have 3 more to go.
      Now, this is kind of a nitpick, but the spritework on this is kind of mediocre. Some of the characters look poorly drawn. I understand that a lot of detail needs to be added in a small space, but sometimes the results leave me scratching my head.

I mean, I can kind of see how the sprite matches the drawing, but this was my first impression without knowing what it was supposed to be.
    • By OneSummerDream
      Here’s another oddity, this time found on Mercari. Unfortunately, the listing there already sold, but nevertheless let’s take a looksy. Kids’ smart watches are all over online shops, but this one has a very unique feature packed in.
      (Unfortunately I can't link the listing so credit to Mercari seller "ocean")
      Behold the bootlegness in all its glory!!

1)Take a look at the living room. It’s practically the same! Not only that, but the panda character is an edit of Kikitchi’s sprite. Admittedly, this doesn’t look half bad. It’s actually kind of cute!
      2)The lock screen is a stolen Bambi drawing! The watch face can be changed between a few different templates.
      3)It also features stolen icons from the official Tamas, well, except for the t-shirt thing. The upscale versions of them are also custom sprites.
      4)There are also some places to go, including a weird one in the bottom that might be a movie theater?
      5)Talking to a weird pink blob 6)Homescreen
      The watch also features a camera, photo gallery, and fitness stuff. There doesn’t appear to be buttons besides lock, volume, and reset, so this is most likely touch controlled. Later versions by A-Watch replace not-Kikitchi with a generic panda. BUT one listing on Amazon still offers this v-pet, and apparently pandas aren’t the only character! What to look for:
      -Blue or pink wristband that reads “A-Watch”
      -Flat surface around the screen with a black border around it and “OK” logo (later versions are a solid blue or pink)
      -Look for mentions of a pet game or cat icon on the main menu
      -No calling/texting/GPS tracking feature (common in other kids’ smart watches)

Amazon listing:
      https://www.amazon.c...w_1541834232989

This reminds me of the QPet, and it’s nice they actually made (somewhat) original sprites instead of totally aping Bandai’s work. If you already have one, please share your thoughts. Is this knockoff worthy of its $30 pricetag?
    • By kasichi
      I've been scarse on here for a while, and in the meantime, my collection has grown. I'm planning on making a blog or post or something showing off my collection.
      I was exclusively buying just the original style tamas; the ones without color. I love the simplicity of them, and I still think those are my favorite.
      But I decided to try out the Tamagotchi Plus Color. I loved it, but ran out of things to do after a while. So after more research, I decided to get a M!x, specifically the Sanrio one because I love the idea of having resemblances of Bandai and Sanrio characters together.
      And I absolutely love it! I like how there's so much more that you can do on there, so it will take longer to have done everything on there.
      Anyone else have one of these awesome tamas?
    • By furrme27
      Well hearing from this site and many others I have noticed that people are saying that there is MANY and I mean MANY problems with these bootlegs (Sudden resets after impact,suddenly breaks,batteries die quick and many other problems) Well this topic should cover the problems and how to fix them.(As soon as mine comes in the mail i'll be able to add more)

First thing you should do is change the batteries as soon as you get it because since this thing is cheap (Not garbage) the batteries might also be cheap also and make sure to put it in right.Another thing is that if you don't want to accidently reset then you could possibly put tape (Not electric) or any NON-CONDUCTIVE MATERIAL to prevent accidently pushing that button.To (Possibly) fix the sudden resets you should put a chunk of eraser to prevent the battery from moving around (Got the idea off a teardown).When the device breaks or is already broken (If you want to) try taking it apart and see what might of got broken or (If they have a return policy) you could return it and get a new one.

well that's all i have sadly until I get my own but until then see ya

• By musicmusa123
      So occasionally my tama seems to be receiving an envelope containing some sort of card with a cake on it. My tama takes it and the words "happy" jump up and down on either side of her. What is it? I get it every few hours.