Upcoming GigaPetsAR line-up seemingly changed

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
As you guys might be aware, when the GigaPetsAR line launched in late 2018, as mentioned back in this thread by @Eggiweg, several animals aside from the in-production trio of puppy, T-Rex, and unicorn, were shown on the site, implying that they would be future releases - these apparently-upcoming animals included a monkey, a lion, and, of the most interest to me because it's one of my collecting-focusses, a penguin.

I've been checking the official website periodically since then, and recently found that it's gotten a bit of a refresh - and the other animals that were previously shown on the site are now gone.

There is now an FAQ page, and I couldn't help but notice this question on it;

What are the next pets that will be released and when?

-The next pets will be The Pixie, Star Cat, and Baby Bigfoot. We are working on the Pixie now so that should be in a few months and then the others after that.
The Pixie, Star Cat, and Baby Bigfoot were not mentioned or shown on the original version of the site, which makes me suspect that the list of upcoming GigaPetsAR releases may be quite different from the line-up of animals that the site originally showed!

Whilst these fantastical creatures sound plenty interesting, hopefully the more normal animals that were shown before will still be released at some point - I was really looking forward to the first dedicated penguin virtual pet in years! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
As you guys might be aware, when the GigaPetsAR line launched in late 2018, as mentioned back in this thread by @Eggiweg, several animals aside from the in-production trio of puppy, T-Rex, and unicorn, were shown on the site, implying that they would be future releases - these apparently-upcoming animals included a monkey, a lion, and, of the most interest to me because it's one of my collecting-focusses, a penguin.

I've been checking the official website periodically since then, and recently found that it's gotten a bit of a refresh - and the other animals that were previously shown on the site are now gone.

There is now an FAQ page, and I couldn't help but notice this question on it;

The Pixie, Star Cat, and Baby Bigfoot were not mentioned or shown on the original version of the site, which makes me suspect that the list of upcoming GigaPetsAR releases may be quite different from the line-up of animals that the site originally showed!

Whilst these fantastical creatures sound plenty interesting, hopefully the more normal animals that were shown before will still be released at some point - I was really looking forward to the first dedicated penguin virtual pet in years! :lol:
The Pixie, Star Cat, and Baby Bigfoot were winners of a design your own GigaPet competition held a year ago.

The Pixie, Star Cat, and Baby Bigfoot were winners of a design your own GigaPet competition held a year ago.
Aha! Thanks for that. :D

I wasn't even aware of the competition, I must admit! :lol:

If we're still getting the others at some point, then I'll keep checking the site every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back