Star Wars Rancor Giga Pet questions....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digi_Dueler

Reaction score
So I just got a Giga Pet "Star Wars Rancor" ,but I'm confused by some of the things that the instructions left out.

What does the animation where the Rancor is on the ground on all fours with vibration lines, and a sad expression mean? 

Does the battling mini game do anything for the care of the Rancor...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, it's been forever since I ran mine. Can you take a pic of the animation you mentioned? I might be able to remember what it means if I can see it. The battling game raises health and happiness, if I remember correctly.

One thing to watch out for is that it totally suffers from the 'endless sickness' quirk a lot of old gigapets can have. You CAN power through it (at least I feel I did once or twice?), but it takes near-constant care for like a day. This page has a lot of speculation on what causes that, but I dunno if there's ever been anything definitive found about it.

I should boot up mine again... it's a bit high-maintenance, but it's a lot of fun, if not a little gruesome, what with feeding it Gammoreans and Twi'lek all day. XD

Darn! I just reset the little guy last night.... Ill have to get him to get stuck doing it again and post a pic.

Yeah, once he starts doing the shivering (?) animation, I just cannot make him normal again.

Sounds like the sickness loop. There are a couple quirky things I discovered last night while researching (I started mine up again as well!)

1) Don't give it more than 1 bath a day, but make sure it takes at least 1

2) Don't use the discipline option EVER if you can avoid it. Just make them do tricks.

3) Make sure it takes 3 naps a day (that one is mentioned for the new gigapets, but the software is super similar). I've noticed when he gets the little black cloud for no reason, he wants a nap.

Anyway, let's keep working on it! Maybe we can crack the secret to the endless sickness. When that animation happens, do his stats just plummet?

:EDIT: Man, I forgot how weird the game is on this guy, and that it's basically pressing right in a rhythm until the Gamorean drops his guard. Such a weird game. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back