Bandai issues statement about defective Eevee Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
I've just spotted a couple of reports regarding defective Eevee X Tamagotchi units;

https://gonintendo.com/stories/336701-bandai-namco-apologizes-for-eevee-x-tamagotchi-issues

https://nintendosoup.com/bandai-apologizes-for-eevee-x-tamagotchi-defects/

Bandai describes these units as having "production defects". The trouble is, they don't appear to elaborate on what these are and what specific issues customers should be looking out for. Apparently they're offering replacement units to those affected, though.

I'll follow up on this if I see any more reports about it.

I wonder if the fact that mine has only ever evolved into a Sylveon is a defect. >>
When I saw the reports, that was actually the first thing that I thought of. I really do wish that they'd been more specific - especially since there don't seem to have been any follow-ups about the issue or about the replacement units.

Where did you get it from? I wonder if the store can help?

Japan You Want. I need to mess around with it more, and there are more developed guides, so I'm trying a couple things. Besides that, Bandai of Japan says pretty frequently that they don't replace stuff purchased internationally (this is written on their Gundam and Mugenbine stuff too). Also, since it's Pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a US version announced later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Japan You Want. I need to mess around with it more, and there are more developed guides, so I'm trying a couple things. Besides that, Bandai of Japan says pretty frequently that they don't replace stuff purchased internationally (this is written on their Gundam and Mugenbine stuff too).
If the guides don't help, I wonder if it'd be worth contacting Japan You Want about it all and seeing if they can help you out?

Also, since it's Pokemon, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a US version announced later this year.
I'm hoping so, because this has really put me off of trying to import a Japanese one, now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back