N33k5IsAZombie

Size of Tamagotchi Meets/On compared to Tama Dream Town Friends?

I just preordered the new Tamagotchi On models for my kids and I and was wanting to get a start on crocheting some new cases before they come in. Are the Tamagotchi meets (On in NA) similar in size to the Tamagotchi Dream Town Friends? My son and I have Dream Town Friends units we have been playing with together since his sister was a baby so I can use it as a reference device if they are similar enough in size to the meets/Ons.

The Tamagotchi wiki suggests that the ON is around the same size as the M!x:  https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_On

Not sure if this post on TamaTalk by Penguin-keeper will be of help, but it shows a photo of the Meets next to other tamas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TamaMum said:

Not sure if this post on TamaTalk by Penguin-keeper will be of help, but it shows a photo of the Meets next to other tamas

I don't have any version of the Friends to compare it to, but if it helps further, the dimensions of the Tamagotchi Meets are roughly 5.4cm (2.12") across, roughly 6cm (2.36") from top-to-bottom, and roughly 2.7cm (1.06") thick. Obviously, it's a little bit tricky to measure due to the rounded edges, but this should be just about right.

For a further sense of scale, here's my Meets next to a CD;

qLxMyTp.jpg

The thickness is the same as a stack of about 22 or 23 CDs.

Thank you that does help some, I'll remeasure my Tama based on your measurements to see if it's close enough. Thank you again Penguin-keeper

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N33k5IsAZombie said:

Thank you again Penguin-keeper 

You're very welcome! :D

I'd love to see the cases that you're going to be working on, incidentally. I don't tend to make them for my own, but I do love seeing others' creations!

6 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

You're very welcome! :D

I'd love to see the cases that you're going to be working on, incidentally. I don't tend to make them for my own, but I do love seeing others' creations!

I'll be sure to post pics of the cases and charm straps once get them done and I'll include pics from our Tama Dream Towns as I am most proud of the case I made my son. His case is a strawberry with seed beads sewn on for "seeds." 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N33k5IsAZombie said:

I'll be sure to post pics of the cases and charm straps once get them done and I'll include pics from our Tama Dream Towns as I am most proud of the case I made my son. His case is a strawberry with seed beads sewn on for "seeds." 

Oh that's awesome. :D I'll be looking forward to seeing them all!

Sweets Meets on the left, European version of the Friends on the right

spacer.png

Yes, the Meets is actually thinner...

• Like 1