N33k5IsAZombie

Size of Tamagotchi Meets/On compared to Tama Dream Town Friends?

I just preordered the new Tamagotchi On models for my kids and I and was wanting to get a start on crocheting some new cases before they come in. Are the Tamagotchi meets (On in NA) similar in size to the Tamagotchi Dream Town Friends? My son and I have Dream Town Friends units we have been playing with together since his sister was a baby so I can use it as a reference device if they are similar enough in size to the meets/Ons.

The Tamagotchi wiki suggests that the ON is around the same size as the M!x:  https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_On

Not sure if this post on TamaTalk by Penguin-keeper will be of help, but it shows a photo of the Meets next to other tamas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TamaMum said:

Not sure if this post on TamaTalk by Penguin-keeper will be of help, but it shows a photo of the Meets next to other tamas

I don't have any version of the Friends to compare it to, but if it helps further, the dimensions of the Tamagotchi Meets are roughly 5.4cm (2.12") across, roughly 6cm (2.36") from top-to-bottom, and roughly 2.7cm (1.06") thick. Obviously, it's a little bit tricky to measure due to the rounded edges, but this should be just about right.

For a further sense of scale, here's my Meets next to a CD;

qLxMyTp.jpg

The thickness is the same as a stack of about 22 or 23 CDs.

Thank you that does help some, I'll remeasure my Tama based on your measurements to see if it's close enough. Thank you again Penguin-keeper

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N33k5IsAZombie said:

Thank you again Penguin-keeper 

You're very welcome! :D

I'd love to see the cases that you're going to be working on, incidentally. I don't tend to make them for my own, but I do love seeing others' creations!

6 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

You're very welcome! :D

I'd love to see the cases that you're going to be working on, incidentally. I don't tend to make them for my own, but I do love seeing others' creations!

I'll be sure to post pics of the cases and charm straps once get them done and I'll include pics from our Tama Dream Towns as I am most proud of the case I made my son. His case is a strawberry with seed beads sewn on for "seeds." 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N33k5IsAZombie said:

I'll be sure to post pics of the cases and charm straps once get them done and I'll include pics from our Tama Dream Towns as I am most proud of the case I made my son. His case is a strawberry with seed beads sewn on for "seeds." 

Oh that's awesome. :D I'll be looking forward to seeing them all!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TamaVal
      How do you get a pet in the tamagotchi meets? I cant read Japanese so i need help 😭! Please answer if you know ♥️ 
    • By KidRetro64
      Hi
      I was going to run my Meets, but I’ve defined ran into a problem. It’s never happened before, and ever since February the reset button won’t do anything to open the battery compartment! It’s not the same for my 4U, which is surprisingly wierd. My 4U Pops open every time, and is very easy to get on and off. But this time, The Meets won’t open! I’m really sad; it’s my most expensive Tamagotchi and I want to play with it more than once. 
    • By KidRetro64
      I’m Trying to Download the Meets app again (I deleted it after my meets battery died) and I switch onto Tokyo App Store, But it still says that I’m in the wrong country/region. Can I change this? I’m Starting up my Meets again (Log coming soon xx) and I need it to connect. My iPhone 6S has IOS 12.2 and is in the UK Region right now, and I’ve check, my Meets can definitely connect perfectly!
    • By GayALaMode
      Heyo.
      So my Magical Meets started acting up after I changed the batteries to new ones on it. What happens is that when it’s left alone and I go to turn on the screen with a button input, the screen lights up but remains frozen in place with no animations and no response from any button press, not even the corresponding sounds play for them either. This also happens when the screen goes to turn off where after doing the tamagotchis idle animation again, the screen freezes. The only solution to this I found was to reset, but oddly, it doesn’t fully reset where it brings you to the Download/Reset screen but instead restores functionality for a bit. However the problem still persists and makes playing and advancing time impossible. Any ideas of a solution to this? Should I change the batteries again?
    • By Megnutt
      Hello! I am not new to the site but have not posted in eons!
      Anyway, I ordered a Magical Meets with downloads from a popular tama source site, and it came yesterday! This morning, I'm fiddling around and notice there is a third page on my locations selection with one option. When i clicked it, it took me to a snowy area with a cute Reindeer. It looked like a snowboard place maybe? 
      Cool! I fiddled around with the options a bit since the first one took me there I tried the 3rd option, which prompted a はい or いいえ option which i chose はい for yes. Then it took me back to the location choice screen and now I only had 2 pages with the option to go to the snowy place gone. Yikes. What did I do? I tried googling to find out but couldnt find anything. Can anyone give me some insight? Did I mess up big time? Or am i worried for nothing? 
      Thanks tamatalk! 
    • By Verklighet
      Hello! Me again. I have not been here in a while, but I have questions.

I remember when the Meets first came out, there was a rumor for there to be a March edition. Specifically, these:

So, looking at JapanYouWant and Cutie Pie Kawaii, these seem to be true..? Do you think that these could have better performances than the original November ones? I also see that there may be a Sanario Meet that might or might not be released.. Do you think that will have better performance? I really hope so.

I also see that a brand new Meets is about USD55 to USD60. And I also saw, on the same website (JapanYouWant), that I could buy a used one for USD45, so I hope if the new Meets have better results (liek not shutting down, wasting the battery (maybe there will be an option to turn off your BlueTooth on your Tamagotchi?), and the LAG), someone doesn't want it and I can get it at a cheaper price.
      What do you think?