iPod Tamagotchi Game- Around The World

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Side Note~

Recently, I’ve found a screenshot of a game that claims to have been released for the iPod 3rd and 4th generations. I am good when it comes to iPhones, but I know little about the iPods. 

Luckily, my sister has an older one and so does my grandad. Now, I doubt they would be able to be downloaded ( I don’t really know, but its a guess ) but if anyone has any information I’d love to get a hold of it.

Now, in to the real point! :D  

Here is the only piece of evidence I could find on the whole internet. Seriosly! This is it along with a single article here~

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2008/11/06/new-ipod-game-tamagotchi/

It says 2008. That’s when it was most likely released. And there’s a pretty neat picture, too.

If anyone knows anything else- please let me know!

Yeah, this isn't something that really depends what model of iPod / iPhone you have, it's just that it released around that time, around 2008 or so. If you want to play it today you'd need the iOS app file for it (which wouldn't be easy to get) as well as an iPod or iPhone running a version of iOS before iOS 11, as iOS 11 dropped support for 32-bit applications.

It's been a while since I played it, but you're not missing too much. The game is pretty short and involves telling your Tamagotchi where to poop to fertilise trees in order to harvest its fruit. As I recall, there was also a minigame similar to the rhythm game osu! in which your character would do a rain dance to aid the growth of the trees.

Yeah, this isn't something that really depends what model of iPod / iPhone you have, it's just that it released around that time, around 2008 or so. If you want to play it today you'd need the iOS app file for it (which wouldn't be easy to get) as well as an iPod or iPhone running a version of iOS before iOS 11, as iOS 11 dropped support for 32-bit applications.

It's been a while since I played it, but you're not missing too much. The game is pretty short and involves telling your Tamagotchi where to poop to fertilise trees in order to harvest its fruit. As I recall, there was also a minigame similar to the rhythm game osu! in which your character would do a rain dance to aid the growth of the trees.
Yes! In fact, I do have an iPhone 4s that is on iOS 7.3.2. 

Do you have any ideas where I could find the link? Does any website have a specific meaning to find games with the same type of files? If they are hard to find, I doubt anyone would or could get a hold of them on this site. Unless, you know of any ;)  

I found this by typing "tamagotchi ipod" into google https://gizmodo.com/ipod-tamagotchi-thrills-half-assed-pet-owners-everywher-5079736

Not sure if it's any use - but I did get a lot of possible suggestions and links so there's certainly more info out there on the 'net.
Thank You for the links- I think they might work on my 4S.

When I tried mindlessly on my 6S ( The current version of iPhone I have at this moment in time ) It says to download the iTunes Store. ( I haven’t already got it because it isint necessary for my phone and how I use it ) So, I do; and of course it’s outdated! What did I expect. It simply says “ Cannot connect to iTunes Store “. 

This is where I have concerns- my iPhone 4 has all of the current new releases and articles on the App Store. It’s just that I can’t get the majority of them because they are iOS 9 ( roughly ) and up. And iTunes? I’m not completely sure. I never used it in the period of time that I used that phone, but I suspect it will be similar. 

For more information on iOS 7 if it’s necessary-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_7

( I’m not sure if it will help. But it does include some similarities between my situation. )

I have this game! If you purchased it back in the day, you can still redownload it from the App Store if your version of iOS is old enough. Here it is on my iPad 3 with iOS 9.

image.png

Bandai Namco's old iPhone/iPod Touch games were pretty good, especially Dig Dug Remix. Shame they had to stop selling them after Apple switched to in-app purchases.

The trailer is still on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am dumb. Disregard what I (and @hwd45) said. The final update came out in 2016 (the app was officially taken down on 31 March 2017) which makes it just modern enough for iOS 13 to run it. Here it is on iOS 13 (this time in Dutch)

CB735-D8-B-6-C92-4262-9-ADD-0-B48-C6340271.png

This surprises me because Pac-Man Remix, Dig Dug Remix, and Galaga Remix no longer work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back