download button on gen 1

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikalols18

Reaction score
so i heard, if your battery dies, you can press b with a new battery and get a download option.

i tried it, nothing

i had to start over

the b button works fine.

tips?

Gen 1 (also referred to by fans as "P1") refers to the original Tamagotchi from 1996, and to the recent remake of that device. The Gen 1 and its remake don't offer an option to resume - that was introduced in the 2000s Tamagotchi Connection line. This also applies to the Gen 2 (a.k.a. "P2").

If you mean the Tamagotchi Connection V1, then the B button isn't what you want in this case. According to the device's manual, what you have to do is press the reset button after changing the battery in order to access the Download/Reset menu. Here's the relevant information;

Reset Option (When to reset?)

-If it is the first time you have activated your Tamagotchi.

-If the screen is not clear, image freezes or does not move after long period of time.

-When you have changed the battery.

After pressing the reset button, you can choose either "DOWNLOAD" or "RESET". If you select "DOWNLOAD" your Tamagotchi will be restarted from the last major event - waking up, growing up, IR communication. Note: You may need to reset the time. If you select "RESET", your Tamagotchi will restart from the very beginning. This will erase all entries (Friends and Gifts) from your notebook.
As far as I know, some other later models also have similar functionality.

I hope that this is useful to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gen 1 (also referred to by fans as "P1") refers to the original Tamagotchi from 1996, and to the recent remake of that device. The Gen 1 and its remake don't offer an option to resume - that was introduced in the 2000s Tamagotchi Connection line. This also applies to the Gen 2 (a.k.a. "P2").

If you mean the Tamagotchi Connection V1, then the B button isn't what you want in this case. According to the device's manual, what you have to do is press the reset button after changing the battery in order to access the Download/Reset menu. Here's the relevant information;

As far as I know, some other later models also have similar functionality.

I hope that this is useful to you. :)
ohhhhh i see now

that's why it didn't work

tysm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back