Tamagotchi On - how to pause?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
How to put the On on pause ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait- you actually own one? Nice ! :0 

Anyways- Like most english Tamagotchis, I would guess pressing A and B buttons at the same time. If that doesn’t work, then go onto settings ( on the device ) and manually pause time. Basically putting to edit the time, but end up just leaving it.

But I learned this the hard way- leave it for too long and on my 4U a clock sign permanently got imprinted on the screen ( very faintly- Thank goodness)!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask 😊❤️

I really don't think that pressing A+B would work since this is not -just- an English tamagotchi, it's a localized version of a Japanese tamagotchi. So only the clock change trick will work. Japanese versions never had a pause function, I doubt they'd put one in ON since otherwise the programming has not changed. Likewise, the v5 is a localized version of the Familitchi and it also has no A+B pause function, only the travel channel. 

But I learned this the hard way- leave it for too long and on my 4U a clock sign permanently got imprinted on the screen ( very faintly- Thank goodness)!
...I really don't know how this would have happened, your 4U must be heavily glitched. The type of LCD screens tamagotchis have aren't capable of burning-in an image like old CRT monitors used to, besides the screen turns off whenever you're not using your tamagotchi. It really shouldn't happen and isn't a common enough problem to scare people off from pausing their tamagotchis. 

I really don't think that pressing A+B would work since this is not -just- an English tamagotchi, it's a localized version of a Japanese tamagotchi. So only the clock change trick will work. Japanese versions never had a pause function, I doubt they'd put one in ON since otherwise the programming has not changed. Likewise, the v5 is a localized version of the Familitchi and it also has no A+B pause function, only the travel channel. 

...I really don't know how this would have happened, your 4U must be heavily glitched. The type of LCD screens tamagotchis have aren't capable of burning-in an image like old CRT monitors used to, besides the screen turns off whenever you're not using your tamagotchi. It really shouldn't happen and isn't a common enough problem to scare people off from pausing their tamagotchis. 
Oh. Well, I left it untouched with batteries in it for around 1 week. And when the screen is turned off, I could really faintly see it. It was kind of annoying, but with the LCD screen on it works fine! Anyways, I’m not sure if it is actually permanent, maybe sticking in a new set of batteries might fix it.

Luckily, it’s hardly noticble anymore.

I really don't think that pressing A+B would work since this is not -just- an English tamagotchi, it's a localized version of a Japanese tamagotchi. So only the clock change trick will work.
Doesn't the Meets/On drop out of clock-set mode and back into normal play if you leave it there for a while, or am I mixing that up with another virtual pet entirely? 😕

Doesn't the Meets/On drop out of clock-set mode and back into normal play if you leave it there for a while, or am I mixing that up with another virtual pet entirely? 😕
That might be Digimon. The clock trick works on my Meets but it seems that if you press any button after a prolonged while it will just leave the clock reset screen as if it was never there but the character will be completely fine.

That might be Digimon. The clock trick works on my Meets but it seems that if you press any button after a prolonged while it will just leave the clock reset screen as if it was never there but the character will be completely fine.
Aha! That's good to know - thanks Jhud! :D

It leaving the time screen is what I experienced, and I thought that it was like what happens with the old Digimon units. I never realised that it had actually worked. :p

It doesn't work to go to the change clock screen. It thinks you took too long and quit out of that screen. What do??

It doesn't work to go to the change clock screen. It thinks you took too long and quit out of that screen. What do??
As far as I know, it stays on the time change clock while the screen is off, it only comes out when you turn it on again. However, you can also set the time at 9 or 10 p.m. and so let it sleep during the day.

I need it to pause and I cant find out how. I go to school and when I went to the movies earlier my tamagotchi named Bob died! How can I fix this problem so I can go to school without it dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back