Has anyone has seen this fake tamagotchi before?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fidgetTama

Reaction score
Hi all! 

My parents brought three tamagotchis online, bless their hearts. They are fake but I appreciate it a lot so was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular one. 

You can choose out of two pets, a human or a dinosaur. It has twelve menu options to go through, the first one is food and I can feed the pet no problem but most of the other options (excluding the stats and food ones) the pet will just shake its head no. 

The stats option also shows a code S006YR00 

https://imgur.com/gallery/Hv7Qpyt

Sorry about the image quality, my camera is awful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen these but have no experience with them myself, which is the only reason that they're not in that thread of mine already. :lol:

They were formerly listed on Amazon UK as "Manyo Cute LCD Animal Cyber Virtual Digital Pet", but I never got around to picking one up (and I really should've, since they're clearly different to the oh-so-common 168-in-1 "Bunny ROM" that we typically see in fakes and generics).

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what information gets unearthed - thanks so much for posting about something that's far less common than other fake and generic virtual pets, @fidgetTama. :)

@Eggiweg Thank you!! I checked out that thread and it was super interesting to read! Thanks for your help! 

@Penguin-keeper  Thank you for that! Currently trying to run one now and am documenting things thus far and will update it in a few days. 

Its got a cute name! If you were interested, I've got three of them and I'm more than happy to send one your way as thanks. Just send me a dm if you'd like! 

@Penguin-keeper  Thank you for that! Currently trying to run one now and am documenting things thus far and will update it in a few days. 
I'm really looking forward to reading this. My favourite virtual pets are 1990s ones (Bandai or not) and oddball generics and bootlegs from all eras*, so this is my favourite sort of content with this hobby. :tarakotchi:

*If you've ever heard of the "Tamagochan", which was one of the first virtual pets that tried to fool the unwary into thinking that it was related to the real deal whilst not actually stealing any logos or artwork, that's where that particular interest comes from. :lol:

Its got a cute name! If you were interested, I've got three of them and I'm more than happy to send one your way as thanks. Just send me a dm if you'd like!  
Thanks very, very much for the kind offer, but that's ok. :)

Also, we don't allow for trading and similar here anyway (there was formerly a section for this, before I was here, but I gather that it was closed due to problems that occurred), and I'm pretty sure that this would fall under that. ;)

Many thanks again, though!

There’s one I have that is at least similar. It is a 49-in-1 (or so it says) fake Gyaoppi that features a giraffe as the bootup screen. Here’s the thread where I just ran one recently. The icons are the exact same as the instructions, and it also says “Bye” as the death screen. Edit: Whoops, should have looked at more than the manual. Anyways, if you’re curious as to why it won’t do anything, you have to wait for it to take a few naps first and then the other options become available. I kind of doubt this is the same, but there’s another rare dinosaur vpet that also connects

6-A81-F5-E2-B767-4-AEC-A337-80-C8211-FC981.jpg

I wonder if they’re related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back