Tamagotchi Addiction?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dordtchild

Reaction score
So I've been s collector since 2017 and I started out with getting the 4 English Angles in box....now i have nearly 80+ tamas in boxes and pierces in packages.

My question be. . .how does one know if this is just an advid hobby or a full on addiction? Does anyone else struggle with tana addiction?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate on this one  :newmametchi:

I realized it was an addiction when I struggled last year, because I bought tons of tamagotchis at once :(  and then I was left with a little which wasn’t good (since I’m a student who has an income).   

My advice to you is if you make priorities to the important things in your life (i.e. school/college...) or even invest some money for the future, and maybe try to balance your time and money for the tamas I think it will slowly becomes a hobby  :) !  

Addiction sounds extreme.

It seems like you are an avid collector with a large collection.  Collecting is a hobby.

Ask yourself:
Does your hobby have negative consequences - on your relationships in real life - social, romantic, family?
Do you spend more on tamas than you can afford?  Do you have enough money for important living expenses?
Do you find yourself buying more tamas than you actually want? For example, you see a tama you would like to buy as you're browsing online, then spot several other tamas that are also possible purchases but then can't decide which one you want the most...  so instead of making a decision on which one, you just buy them all?

Playing with tamas can be used to escape real life problems, relax, or reward yourself, but if you believe genuinely that you need them to enjoy life, or that you can’t cope without them, this is something that should ring alarm bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back