Help. How do I use emotes?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurb

Reaction score
I’m not actually sure where to post this.. Anyway, i’ve seen people use some sort of emotes. i can’t figure out how to use them. i use mobile, btw. if you can tell me how that’d be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be a smiley face button near the top of the text box, tap it. Then tap categories, and either of the categories circled in this image:

87461DFC041F49908643.jpeg

Then you can tap any of the emotes and they’ll appear ;)

I've moved this to (Non)TamaTalk - General, since it's a forums-related question as opposed to one about an issue with a virtual pet.

Anyway, whether you're on desktop or on mobile, you should see a smiley-face icon next to the text-formatting icons in the Reply box - clicking or tapping on this will pop up a list of various emoticons. TamaTalk's custom ones can be found by clicking or tapping on "Categories" and then selecting "Emoticons".

Alternatively, if you already know the "code" for one, you can type that between two colons, like so;

Code:
:tarakotchi: :lol: :Penguin:
And then it will appear in image form, like this;

:tarakotchi: :lol: 🐧

Also, if you type a colon and then start typing immediately after it, a list will pop up suggesting emote matches for what you've typed, which is helpful if you've only half-remembered the correct text for a particular emote.

Once you've used a number of emotes, the list found next to the text-formatting icons will start to show a "Recently Used" heading at the very top, as well.

I hope that this is useful to yourself and to others. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back