Tamagotchi ON - Hype thread

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurb

Reaction score
This thread is for tamagotchi ON hype. As of today, it will be released in 19 days. It will have everything the meets has, and in english.

keep it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've moved this thread to Tamagotchi General - What's On Your Mind?, since it doesn't fit into Seriously Tamagotchi.

Anyway, these are exciting times! The very first English-language colour release is due soon (though unfortunately it doesn't appear that the UK will be getting it, at this point - hopefully that will change), and Bandai seems to be treating it as part of an ongoing revival of the Tamagotchi brand in the West. :D

With any luck the Tamagotchi On will do well, and this will also lead to some more Western Tamagotchi merchandise, too, which is something that they started offering a bit of after the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini proved to be successful. I'd love to see that just as much as continued success for the Tamagotchi line outside of Japan, since it tends to be a good sign!

I’m excited since the release will (most likely) increase the series’ popularity outside of long time fans, and like what Penguin-keeper said, hopefully some new merchandise will come out!

What do you mean, with any luck? It’s gonna be amazing!
I imported a Meets and was burned by its bugs and glitches, so I'm cautious about the On. :p If they've let the bugs and glitches remain (and considering its price, they're unacceptable), then it could bury the brand in the West instead of further reviving it.

Moreover, we must be mindful of the fact that, as enthusiasts, it's good news for us, but that the mass-market may not be as interested, since it's quite a departure from the image of a Tamagotchi that exists in the public pop-culture consciousness - that being an affordable, keychain-sized virtual pet raising game.

Hence, "with any luck". ;) I really want to see it do well, but I'm also aware of what could go wrong.

Merch isn’t something that the average consumer would want. They’d be in Barnes and Noble (or whatever) and see the ON. They’d want it, and only it. They don’t want to indulge in a japanese Tamagotchi that’s worth 22-50 dollars or a crochet case. They’d want the ON. Also ,about your UK not getting it problem,  just go to Ebay in the US and find a tamagotchi ON. Done and done.

Merch isn’t something that the average consumer would want. They’d be in Barnes and Noble (or whatever) and see the ON. They’d want it, and only it. They don’t want to indulge in a japanese Tamagotchi that’s worth 22-50 dollars or a crochet case. They’d want the ON.
They issued merchandise after the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini and it sold fine ;)

Also ,about your UK not getting it problem,  just go to Ebay in the US and find a tamagotchi ON. Done and done.
It's not a problem for me - I already own a Meets. :p

The UK has an insanely low import limit, hence why UK fans who want the On aren't enthusiastic about the release situation. If a person spends more than £18 (including the cost of shipping) on foreign goods, they get customs fees (perfectly reasonable) and enormous handling fees (ridiculous). Those handling fees also happen to be partly determined by the size of the box, and as we all know, the Tamagotchi On has a disproportionately large box, making it more expensive to import than a Meets. :lol:

Most countries allow for a lot more than that.

They issued merchandise after the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini and it sold fine ;)

It's not a problem for me - I already own a Meets. :p

The UK has an insanely low import limit, hence why UK fans who want the On aren't enthusiastic about the release situation. If a person spends more than £18 (including the cost of shipping) on foreign goods, they get customs fees (perfectly reasonable) and enormous handling fees (ridiculous). Those handling fees also happen to be partly determined by the size of the box, and as we all know, the Tamagotchi On has a disproportionately large box, making it more expensive to import than a Meets. :lol:

Most countries allow for a lot more than that.
Speaking of customs, my Meets just got "approved by origin shipping" or whatever... About your problem, just take a flight to sunny California, enjoy E3, pick up an ON, and have a good time. If you can't, find one without a box, and order it. Also, the merch sales were prob from fans like us desperate to find some merch in the US/Canada/UK/wherever you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back