I've been slowly converting my large Tamagotchi Connection series collection onto rechargeable batteries to save on my pocketbook and help the environment, and I mistakenly purchased some Zackees brand rechargeable 2032 batteries on Amazon. I was on a budget and they were cheap.

Don't repeat my mistake! Stay far away from these things XwX
- I bought 8 batteries, only 3 worked. That's less than 50%. Not Good.
- One of the ones that did not work tried to BURST INTO FLAMES. (My Tama was unharmed, thank goodness, but I did burn my finger)

Sadly they didn't qualify for a refund >:T I will be leaving an unhappy Amazon review.

If anyone knows what brands/where to buy GOOD rechargeable batteries, please let me know.

• Like 1

YIKES! :o

I'm really glad that no damage was done and I hope that your finger doesn't take long to heal. I'm also glad that the batteries didn't burst, since that would've been even more dangerous (and that's something that can happen with any cheap battery of dubious origin, rechargeable or not).

I've never heard of Zackees before. The name sounds rather like the myriad of seemingly randomly-generated company names used by junk-purveyors from China and thereabouts, which seem to flood Amazon and various other sites (names of that sort tend to instantly set alarm-bells ringing with me), but of course I can't rule out it being a known brand outside of my own country - I welcome any corrections on that front!

Heck, until today I had never heard of rechargeable coin cells in any size either, so I'm afraid that I have no suggestions for better options there. I do want to thank you for posting this warning, though - stuff like this needs to be documented so that other members of the community don't fall foul of it, so good job on that. :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By fuzzyeye
      Sadly my last tamagotchi has gotten the low battery screen. My gudetama tamagotchi is stuck with a battery with a giant X in the middle. RIP Tamagotchi I believe I got him in March I got him at the mall March 2019 - July 2019 RIP my little baby. :.( 

• By KidRetro64
      I just started up My Tamagotchi, and I had 2 of the Right LR44 Batteries. We out Both in, And it made a beep and the Clock came on. My Dad tried to Put the Battery Cover Back, And when he thought he did, 2 Big Black lines came on the side of the screen. I got really worried, and he Took the batteries out again. They were still there! Tried resetting, then they eventually started to fade. But now, we’re still trying and trying to get the screen on, by taking the batteries in and out, resetting. But nothings happening. It’s a Usatama Disney, And I got it used from JYW. I’m really disappointed, and I’m really worried. Tell me if I’m doing anything wrong, but the Batteries are also very jiggly in the case.
    • By Iamfireareyou
      i just found my tamogatchi friends from 2016, i never played it and i need help,i cleaned the rust with salt and vinegar,it semeed to work but it has 3 pets and one telling me that there is no battery,i never used or played with a tamogatchi before and i really need help
    • By leosefcik
      I heard people say that your tamagotchi will make a loud repeating beep when its got low battery. Now hearing this in the middle of the night would just scare the s*** out of me, but i dont even know if it will. So, the question is, does this long beep happen on the V5? And if yes, does turning sound off disable it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By TamaZo
      So I apparently left some old batteries in my Tamagotchi Friends and they leaked. I cleaned out the corrosion as best I could with vinegar but it still won't turn on with new batteries. Is this a hopeless cause? or are there any tricks to getting my Tama to work again?
    • By ashes2007
      I've had a Tamagotchi and he has lived happily three times but his battery died on his third life so I replaced it:
      opened rear cover, used a screwdriver to pry the battery out then pulled it out. I grabbed a new battery, popped it in and closed him up. But he still displayed the "dead battery" symbol
      any help?