AC:NL I was hacked

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurb

Reaction score
So.. this explains why i don't play ac... Some jerk who's name was Eric hacked my town. All was well for a while after it got cleaned up.... until one faithful day... i was in a friend's town... when some mysterious dude showed up. He asked me to bff him (able to exchange messages) and i did. The very first message he sent me was, "It's me. Eric." I was TERRIFIED. (if you're there, eric, go get lost in the woods and never come back :angry: ) I quit ACNL, transferred devices, and that's where we are now. If you guys want me to get back on AC, you're gonna have to do a lot of talking me into it. That 3ds had my Earthbound data, my Rhythm Heaven Megamix data, and all my close friends (If you're there say hi, guys!) Now, my ACNL cartridge sits, gathering dust, outside of my 3ds. TBH, i was thinking about a memoir... it ws that spoopy.  :eek:  Months later... here we are. TLDR: town hacked, dude who did came back, i quit ac.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's unsettling. I think you could still play your New Leaf cartridge but just turn the street pass/Wi-fi off on your 3DS when you do so. Or if you only like playing it with friends, I guess there is nothing you can do. I'm not sure if someone could really hack your 3DS entirely based on that one game but who knows. Where I am I never get street passed except by my brother... who I see everyday so nothing spectacular about that.

That's unsettling. I think you could still play your New Leaf cartridge but just turn the street pass/Wi-fi off on your 3DS when you do so. Or if you only like playing it with friends, I guess there is nothing you can do. I'm not sure if someone could really hack your 3DS entirely based on that one game but who knows. Where I am I never get street passed except by my brother... who I see everyday so nothing spectacular about that.
alright.... you think he could IP track me?

i would've said something a bit more on the rude side about him but this is a family friendly site

Should i transfer to a different, smaller 2ds? so it changes my IP?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i believe he's in a different state
Oh... so you got to him already, 'eh? Mwhahaha @_@ (the other meaning of "state") XD

I could already tell you have some seriously justified beef with this guy Eric so wanting to be insulting is rather natural. But there is no point wasting energy on this guy as that would be feeding the trolls and honestly, you might as well enjoy the time you have by doing other things that make you happy ("the best revenge is living well"). Also, doing malicious things to just infuriate people always leaves a hollow joy, unlike the fulfilling joy of actually making people happy. So chances are whether you do anything or not Eric will still feel that pathetic hollowness in his gut, which is a fitting punishment. That's my take on it as someone who could have become a massive jerk but thankfully knows better than that (being nice actually has a multitude of benefits).

I don't specifically think he can IP track you as I think the problem is that when you turn on Street Pass, your 3DS is basically connected to a public network. If you stop the connection, you stop anybody else from finding you. But if it's the case that he lives way too far away to Street Pass you, perhaps that wont do any good. But on the other hand, perhaps it was a real coincidence he found you again. You should definitely unfriend him as that feature could allow him to see whenever you are online. Next to that, if you have the same Nintendo Network ID I think your device would appear the same regardless of whether you are using a new one or not.

Unfortunately, I don't know that much about 3DS and online play. Changing your IP might be worth trying as some extra protection. From a quick Google search, there are two ways you can change your IP address. The first is to reset your modem as then it apparently reconnects with a different IP address. The second is to use Wi-Fi from somewhere else as a different place will result in a different IP address.

I hope this is all just a big coincidence and he really has no way of finding you. And while we're on that subject, I somewhat know what its like to meet a creep in the wild (but then I'm a woman, so that was inevitable -_-).

I don't specifically think he can IP track you as I think the problem is that when you turn on Street Pass, your 3DS is basically connected to a public network. If you stop the connection, you stop anybody else from finding you. But if it's the case that he lives way too far away to Street Pass you, perhaps that wont do any good. But on the other hand, perhaps it was a real coincidence he found you again. You should definitely unfriend him as that feature could allow him to see whenever you are online. Next to that, if you have the same Nintendo Network ID I think your device would appear the same regardless of whether you are using a new one or not.
two different network ID's, unplug my router when my connection gets bad (one twice a month lol)

state as in California

and i believe i unfriendid him.

I think you should be good then. Your IP must be different and with a completely different ID I don't see how he could recognize you. So, I think it's safe to play Animal Crossing again :^)

I think you should be good then. Your IP must be different and with a completely different ID I don't see how he could recognize you. So, I think it's safe to play Animal Crossing again :^)
right, i havent unplugged my router in a while tho, but i still feel comfort in having anew id. give me a week or two and i'll be ready

Personally, my favourite Animal Crossing creepypasta is "Something weird is happening in my Animal Crossing village", which was posted to Reddit's "NoSleep" a couple of years ago. ;) (It's a legitimately fun work of light horror fiction.)

Anyone who's got even a little experience with the workings of the 3DS can see what this is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back