Is this Connection legit?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not. No Bandai logo, blatant misspelling of Tamagotchi as "TamagUchi", batteries were never sold outside the packaging even back with the early models (even other Vpets), the battery tab is in Japanese despite the English packaging which never happens, and it says "Version 5" despite have the shell of a V3/Keitai. Overall, a blatant knockoff that only looks real in passing. I actually wouldn't mind trying one but it is way too pricey for likely what it will give.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome! They're not actually too hard to find. In fact, they are probably the most common models available. I doubt anybody is going to sell on of them for under $20 CAD/$15 USD so prices higher than that are usually good at weeding out the fakes. Bear in mind the new Connections or even ones with packages are always going to be more expensive than loose ones. I generally don't care if I get the packaging or not, although it is nice. If you buy lots of various tamas or connections, the prices are more likely to be reasonable for each individual Tamagotchi, although the total price will be higher. Project TamaShell is a great resource for genuine Tamagotchi models.

You're welcome! They're not actually too hard to find. In fact, they are probably the most common models available. I doubt anybody is going to sell on of them for under $20 CAD/$15 USD so prices higher than that are usually good at weeding out the fakes. Bear in mind the new Connections or even ones with packages are always going to be more expensive than loose ones. I generally don't care if I get the packaging or not, although it is nice. If you buy lots of various tamas or connections, the prices are more likely to be reasonable for each individual Tamagotchi, although the total price will be higher. Project TamaShell is a great resource for genuine Tamagotchi models.
New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back