Pocket Neopets: The manual was WRONG

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogostix

Reaction score
(The important parts are in bold, because I'm an unapologetic rambler  :p  )
I recently cleaned every inch of my room and in doing so I found my old Pocket Neopets. My Deluxe Faerieland one, and my Lost Desert Aisha one. Ahh, fond memories. I have my own income now so I can buy batteries instead of begging my parents, so I figured, why not fire 'em up for old time's sake?

After looking up the manuals on Google (the papers have long since been lost), and caring for them for half a week while keeping a close watch on their stats, I have a shocking observation:
The manuals were both wrong.

Pocket Neopets are a bit more particular than Tamagotchis. They want to be fed exactly 3 times a day or they get unhappy and run away (Game Over). If you feed them too much they lose health and then run away (Game Over). It tells you what times to feed them in the instruction manual that comes with it... but in both cases they've been wrong. This seems like a small problem, until you realize that if you feed them at the wrong time, it counts as over-feeding and they lose health... and then you think you've fed them for the day, and you accidentally miss the RIGHT time to feed them, so they lose happiness and MORE health. This is ESPECIALLY a problem on the smaller single-pet/non-deluxe toys, since you can only buy 3 meals each day. If you miss one, you might run out of food when you actually need it.

I'm not 100% sure on these times, but this has been my observations based on their stats, and the food icon reminder flashing. These are not exact, there is some wiggle room with these guys; a few minutes late won't hurt you.
The time listed in the instructions will be in red, the time I've found that works will be in blue.

LOST DESERT AISHA (Yellow, I've seen pictures of a blue one, can't promise it's the same inside but I suspect it's the same board, just different plastic)
Breakfast: 7:30 AM   7:45 AM
Lunch: 12:00 PM   12:00 PM
Dinner: 7:00 PM   7:00 - 7:30 PM

FAERIELAND DELUXE
Breakfast: 7:30 AM   7:45 AM
Lunch: 12:30 PM   12:30 PM
Dinner: 6:30 MP   7:30 PM

Lunch seems to be the only time that lines up with the instructions. Breakfast at 7:30 seems to be too early and you get penalized for over-feeding on both toys. The hour-long difference in the dinner time for the Faerieland one is the biggest problem, and probably why I couldn't keep it alive for more than a few days as a kid.

If you have any thoughts, questions, or better yet ~*MORE DATA*~, please let me know! Thanks!

Thank you for this post!!! I just recently ordered two of the deluxe and one Kacheek one. It is strange that the manuals are off, but I appreciate your post!

I may make some review videos, so may I credit you for this information? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back