What makes Nekotcha so bad?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CATGRL666

Reaction score
i recently bought a nekotcha just like the one in the image, but i'm seeing a lot of hate on them. what exactly makes them so bad?

11.jpg

(whoops, i guess i should clear up that even though i have bought it it hasn't arrived yet! ^^)

Tamenagerie gives the Nekotcha a mention a couple of times on its pages, and those mentions should shed a bit of light on people's reactions to the Nekotcha.

This page contains the following write-up;

"Per petual pets", a Nekotcha clone
Nekotcha (Cat) - Inutcha (Dog)    Comes in heart-shaped case or a case with ears and has four buttons.
This is by far  one of the worst virtual pet I have played with. It goes through 8 life stages (if you can keep it alive that long, it goes back to the first stage, explained by the instructions that you "raise it's kitten.")
The pet has a range of functions (feed, bathroom, medicine, exercise, play, medicine, sleep, and dating,) what's available depends on the life stage. Each function has 2 or 3 sub-options only one option* will make the cat happy. Too many wrong selections will kill it. The game is rather non-interactive, you just enter some function, and it makes the cat either happy or sad, there's no animation other than the cat's eyes moving up and down. There is only its happiness to monitor, and it'll never refuse anything which will please it for the particular stage, meaning you can feed it all day long, give it injections to your heart's content, or for the morbid, have it go under the operating knife repeatedly.  Depending on the function and stage, sometimes no options will please it.
And this one reiterates the above;

Per petual pets", a Nekotcha clone

Nekotcha (Cat) - Inutcha (Dog)  Comes in heart-shaped case or mouse-shaped case with four buttons.
Easily one of the worst V-pets there is! It goes through 8 life stages (if you can keep it alive that long, it goes back to the first stage, explained by the instructions that you "raise it's kitten.")

The pets functions include (feed, bathroom, medicine, exercise, play, sleep, and dating,) what's available depends on the life stage.
Each function has 2 or 3 sub-options only one option will make the cat happy. Too many wrong choices will kill it. The graphics are not great. you enter a function and it makes the cat happy or sad, there's no animation other than the cat's eyes moving up and down.
There is only its happiness to monitor, and it'll never refuse anything which will please it for the particular stage, meaning you can feed it all day long, give it injections to your heart's content, or for the morbid, have it go under the operating knife repeatedly. Depending on the function and stage, sometimes no options will please it. I don't know why this pet was ever produced.
I don't own a Nekotcha or an Inutcha myself, but these summaries seem to give the gist of what people's complaints with them are.

With that said, I'd like to welcome you to TamaTalk. I love the older Tamagotchis but I also have an interest in non-Bandai virtual pets, too, and it's always nice to meet someone else who also does! Would I be right in guessing that, where my collecting focus for non-Bandai pets is penguins, yours is cats? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Joc
With that said, I'd like to welcome you to TamaTalk. I love the older Tamagotchis but I also have an interest in non-Bandai virtual pets, too, and it's always nice to meet someone else who also does! Would I be right in guessing that, where my collecting focus for non-Bandai pets is penguins, yours is cats? :)
you guessed correctly! Cats are my favorite animal :) penguins are pretty rad, too!

Cats are one of my favorite animals also.  I have 3 of them.  The Nekotcha I can't give an opinion on, since I don't own one, but it looks more like a bear than a cat.  I have a My Kitten , a Bitty Kitty, and a CompuKitty  for cat VPs. I have cats on other multi pets that I own.  Welcome to TamaTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back