12 Tamagotchis and 2 Pocket Neopets... What could go wrong?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogostix

Reaction score
~THE INTRODUCTION POST~

WHO IS POGO???
A work-from-home digital artist/internet hermit who got her first digital pet in 2002. She rambles a lot and is not apologetic but will highlight the important things in bold to spare your time and/or sanity. She sometimes talks in third person for no reason. Now I am an adult and have my own income to spend irresponsibly and don't have to beg The Powers That Be (Mom) for new Tamas for Christmas. I have a chronic disease that causes joint pain and fatigue (among other things but that's an unrelated story) so my Tamas spend a lot of time paused on days when my hands hurt too much to press buttons or days when I can't stay awake. This causes some weird age/time shenanigans. So keep that in mind as you read please :3

WHAT IS THIS LOG ABOUT???
My experiences with my little Digital Zoo/Beeping Mass/Weird Dragon Hoard.
It goes by a lot of names. Some of them are from me, some of them are from my friends. Most of my pets are from the connection series, as they stopped selling them locally after the TamaGO (Tamagotchi Friends never even made it to my area) and are harder for me to fit in my smol budget. I guess that makes a lot of my collection "retro" these days?

Logs won't be super in-depth, just my thoughts and observations.

THE DIGITAL ZOO:
All my pets, and their current stats

THE TAMAGOTCHIS:

• Tamagotchi Connection v1. Male, named Diget (Was supposed to be Digit, lol I can spell), Mametchi  :newmametchi:  first generation. (Although being before the v3 the sprite is the classic  :mametchi: )
  • 2 Tamagotchi Connection v2's. Red shelled one is a Male, named Manny, Marumimitchi :marumimitchi:  second generation. The blue shelled one is a Female, named Annie, and is a Pyonkotchi (I was gifted this one by my younger brother after he found it buried in his closet, this is the character that was on it when I put the battery in.)
  • 2 Tamagotchi Connection v3's. The first one has a silver shell and is a male Kuchipatchi  :lol:  named Wally, 1st gen. The second one is a dark green shell and is a female Mametchi  :newmametchi:  named Oscar, 1st gen (this was also found in my brother's closet and gifted to me).
  • Tamagotchi Connection v4. Female, named Clair(e) (there should be an e on the end but only 5 letters fit, her name was planned out poorly). Memetchi  :)  4th generation.
  • Tamagotchi Connection v5/Familitchi. Family name: POGO? The question mark is because this Tama... has some issues. Namely that the memory resets every time the battery dies. Currently doing some SCIENCE!!1! to see if replacing the battery SUPER FAST once it starts dying will let me keep the data or not. Results currently are mixed, further results are needed. If it proves to be consistently "nope" then I will be looking for a replacement v5 and this will be a parts Tama. It already has a janky button that I cannibalized from a TV remote so it's not in fantastic shape. Currently a Watatchi, Uhyotchi, and LoveZukintchi. 1st gen.
  • 2 Tamagotchi Connection v6/Music Star's. Pink shell is a female Chantochi named Rose, 10th generation (my longest running family tree). Recently married a Shimashimatchi and had a baby boy. Black shell is a female Violetchi  :furawatchi:  named Eden, 1st gen (I bought this one from my other little brother when he got bored with it for like 10 dollars).
  • 1 TamaGO (which might be a Connection v7? Teeechnically???). A Kuchipatchi  :lol: , male, 6th gen.
  • 1 Tamagotchi Mini (Series 2 I think). Currently a Nyrotchi because ehehehehhh I slept in .__.
  • 1 Tamagotchi Spacey M!X. This one is brand new and I'm still trying to figure it out??? A female... yellow... spoon... thing??? Toddler stage, if you can tell me what this is, please lemme know. 1st Gen.

THE NEOPETS:

• Yellow Lost Desert Aisha Pocket Neopet. Female, amed Angel2 after my original toy, Angel, which was my very first digital pet and I lost it somewhere ;w;. Currently working on getting the last trophy, Copy Cat.
  • Faerieland Deluxe Pocket Neopet. Currently only running the Shoyru, as I have learned from experience that trying to do all 3 WILL result in care misses and game over's. Also, Shoyru > Uni/Poogle, FITE ME. Female, named Mariel, I only have 1 trophy so far, for Cirrus Drop.
  • I also have a Neopets.com account, golden_dragon_111, and a purkle Aisha, just as a footnote, if you want to neofriend me. Won't be mentioned here other than to transfer the trophy codes once obtained.

THE OTHERS:
Things without batteries for various reasons

• Series 2 NanoPuppy. Battery lid has cracked and I need to fix that. Also, it keeps dying because I can't figure out how to pause it? I guess the original version had a trick where you could go into the clock and just not set it and that would pause it but it doesn't seem to work on mine.
  • Littlest Pet Shop Digital Bunny. This is a game more than a pet, you don't really take care of it. Not entertaining enough to get one of my limited rechargeable 2032's.
  • Hot Pink My Meebas. BUYING THIS WAS A MISTAKE. It lives on a shelf. If I didn't have to jimmy it open with a butter knife maybe it would be used as a fancy snack holder. But it will never again have batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me to introduce you to my evil schemes, to my sinister machinations, to my...
BIG FAT WEDDING PLAN.
(Dun dun DUUUUUN!!)

I have 8 eligible bachelors/bachelorettes that can all interconnect, and so I will play Match-Maker and marry them myself. Sorry Otokitchi, you are out of a job.

The v2's shall marry each other.
One is a female Pyonkotchi, the other is a male Marumimitchi  :marumimitchi:

The v3's shall marry each other.
One is a female Mametchi :newmametchi: , the other is a male Kuchipatchi  :lol:

The v1 shall marry the v4.
I only have 1 of each and they can, so they shall. The v1 is a male Mametchi  :mametchi:  and the v4 is a female Memetchi  :)

The Music Star shall marry the TamaGO
My other music star has already married via the Match Maker but this one is an unwed Female Violetchi  :furawatchi: . The TamaGO is a male Kuchipatchi  :lol:

The Familitchi shall marry... um...
I only have 1 v5 and it can't marry anything. OTOKITCHI I LIED I'M SORRY PLEASE COME BACK--

I'd like to get them all synchronized up on the same day so that I can continue to marry future generations via connection. It's a good thing Tamagotchis don't have genetics or that could be a real mess XwX The only thing holding back this plan, this VAST DAY OF COMMUNAL WEDDINGS, is that my TamaGO is not old enough to enter the Date Place and therefore not old enough to marry via connection either. So currently all the Tamas are on pause except for the TamaGo, Familitchi, the Mini, and the M!X.

There's a lot of... weird misspellings in the Lost Desert Neopet. "Toy Swoard," "Greean Apple," and as a kid I thought "Phear" was one but nope turns out that's an actual Neopet item  :huh:

What's weird is some of the spelling oddities only appear in the store but not in your bag, and some are the other way around, appearing in your bag but not the store.

Also, when you go to the hospital without needing to it says "[Neopet name] IS HEALTH!!!" instead of Healthy. I wonder if this was programmed somewhere else? Like, other than the USA?

The Deluxe Faerieland one has much better spelling/grammar. I can tell it's based on the programming from the original Pocket Neopets-- the clock defaults to 2002 just like it even though the toy itself didn't come out until 2005-- but it's much more refined. Haven't found any weird errors.

Oh, except the ALARM function, it corrupts the message I entered into weird odd glitchy symbols. It's changed a few times even though I've never changed it myself. I wonder how that happens? Maybe something to do with where the message is stored in memory getting used for something else... I'll see if I can get a good picture of it next time. That and my Glitchy Music Star Friend. That's a fun story.

Got the Poogle Cloud Bounce trophy. 2 down, 3 to go!

Why would you do this to yourself.

Also, what's the my Meebas gameplay like and why is it not worth the batteries?

Why would you do this to yourself.

Also, what's the my Meebas gameplay like and why is it not worth the batteries?
I'm an invalid introvert shut-in with no friends and no real way to go outside, it keeps life interesting :3

As a digital pet it's overall just MEH. You don't really care for it so much as you just play games, which aren't very fun. And the toy inside was not worth it. AND YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE SOUND DEAR ARCEUS THE SOUND WHY IS IT SO LOUD IT HURTS OUR EARS PRECIOUS

... Just learned you can pause a Mini by going to the clock setting and just... not setting it. Maybe I can get a GOOD character now? ;w; #derp
You can do this with the original 1996 and 1997 Gen 1 and Gen 2 devices, and their 2017/2018 re-issues, too. ;)

Today my Spacey M!X evolved bright and early into the teen stage. Thanks to locating a handy character sheet made by Tama-Star_Girl, (or at least posted by her if she didn't create it) I can now say that the "yellow spoon thing" toddler was a Tantotchi, and she evolved into a Haretchi.

I also was taught how to play Star Catcher correctly XwX (Thank you, Penguin-keeper and iTammanadi!) The translated guide I read just said "Press button to catch star, do not press if UFO" so I was doing things completely wrong >.<

Feeding times for the Pocket Neopets continue to be completely erratic. Breakfast at 10 am??? Is this a result of all the pausing? How can I undo this?? I wish there was a dedicated internet community for these guys like TamaTalk is for Tamagotchis... Got the Harris Reflex trophy on the Faerieland one though, which is good because on hard mode that game is actually just broken/unfair. 2 trophies left: Copy Cat on the Aisha and Fiery Faerie Chicken on the Faerieland one. (This one is going to be the hardest I think because my reaction time has never been very fast XwX)

(Thank you, Penguin-keeper and iTammanadi!)
I can't take any credit here - I only commented on the clock-set pause trick! :lol:

Still, we've gotta love poorly-translated guides, haven't we? :p

Feeding times for the Pocket Neopets continue to be completely erratic. Breakfast at 10 am??? Is this a result of all the pausing? How can I undo this?? I wish there was a dedicated internet community for these guys like TamaTalk is for Tamagotchis...
At the very least, we've got the Virtual Pets - General section. Perhaps some activity for them there, in addition to here in your log, might bring some people in?

I can't take any credit here - I only commented on the clock-set pause trick! :lol:

Still, we've gotta love poorly-translated guides, haven't we? :p

At the very least, we've got the Virtual Pets - General section. Perhaps some activity for them there, in addition to here in your log, might bring some people in?
LOL, I realized I credited the wrong person. I meant to give credit to LadyCat. I was very tired XD
That said, you've been quite nice anyway :3

Won the final trophy on my Aisha pocket Neopet. Went to enter the code and it... doesn't work???

I've sent a trouble ticket but after looking through their online store catalogue, it's possible my toy is just too old XwX Which would be a real bummer.

Spacey M!X evolved into a Lovlitchi when I wasn't looking XwX Time to go see what the M!X has to offer once you hit adult stage! I'm hoping CLOTHES and JEWELRY because while I personally wear tees and baggy pants all day erryday I absolutely love playing dress-up  :wub:

M!X news: Lovelitchi proposed to Mametchi and he said Yes! aaaaaa  :wub:

A little baby boy! I guess I get to name the kiddo but I have no idea what any of these characters mean so let's just stick to the default they already typed XwX

(Maybe I should look into learning them... hrmm)

THE DAY HAS COME! Cue the dating music because it is time for....
~*THE BIG WEDDING THING*~

:wub:  MATCH 1  :wub:
Clair(e) the Memetchi  :)  (v4)
- and -
Diget the Mametchi  :mametchi:  (v1)
Result:
2 BABY GIRLS!

:wub:  MATCH 2  :wub:
Annie the Pyonkotchi (v2)
- and -
Manny the Marumimitchi  :marumimitchi:  (v2)
Result:
2 BABY BOYS!

:wub:  MATCH 3  :wub:
Oscar the Mametchi  :newmametchi:  (v3)
- and -
Wally the Kuchipatchi  :lol:  (v3)
Result:
2 BABY BOYS!

:wub:  MATCH 4  :wub:
Watatchi (v5)
- and -
Uhyotchi (via Dating Show)
Result:
2 BABY GIRLS AND 1 BABY BOY!

:wub:  MATCH 5  :wub:
Eden the Violetchi  :furawatchi:  (v6)
- and -
Kuchipatchi  :lol:  (TamaGO)
Result:
2 BABY BOYS!

And yesterday...
:wub:  MATCH 6  :wub:
Lovlitchi (Spacey M!X)
- and -
Mametchi  :newmametchi:  (From TamaTomo)
Result:
A BABY BOY!

And so the next generation has been born. Not an even split of boy/girl so some will have to depend on the Match Maker. Oh well.
I forgot how many times you actually have to connect to get them to marry, aaa XwX

Still missing my dog, still grieving, but starting to be able to enjoy things again.

Today appears to be Baby Day! All the parents of the previous generation have left. I've decided on a whim to name them with my own alien language, for giggles. So here's what we have:

V1: Ari (Moon), Baby Girl, Gen 2. Siliv's sister

V2 (1): Eril (Red), Baby Boy, Gen 2. Arka's brother

V2 (2): Arka (Blue), Baby Boy, Gen 2. Eril's brother

V3 (1): Weys (Dusk), Baby Boy, Gen 2. Ru's brother

V3 (2): Ru (Dawn), Baby Boy, Gen 2. Weys' brother

V4: Siliv (Star), Baby Girl, Gen 5. Ari's sister

V6/Music Star (1): Ianu (Sun), Baby Boy, gen 11

V6/Music Star (2): Oshiro (Golden One), Baby Boy, gen 2. Insinro's brother

TamaGo: Insinro (Silver One), Baby Boy, gen 7. Oshiro's brother

V5/Familitchi: Itchigotchi, Bakutchi, Chamametchi

Mini: Nyrotchi

Spacey M!X: This dude!
20190804_135237.jpg

Married Himebaratchi on my Spacey M!X! That's right, I got her the BIG rock, because she's worth it  :wub:

And this time... I RECORDED IT!

Latest posts

Back