Can magnet snaps harm a Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogostix

Reaction score
My old purse died an honorable death, but when I tried to revive it as a duct-tape zombie my mother was not impressed and made me buy a new one. The old one closed with velcro, but the new one uses a magnet snap. I know that's safe for smartphones and such, but I didn't stop to think about how that might affect a Tamagotchi.

I don't really want to experiment with my Tamas and magnets to find out, so I was wondering if anyone here might know? Thanks  :wub:

Magnets only really affect magnetic storage i.e. harddrives, magnetic strips on credit cards etc... Tamagotchis don't have magnetic storage (they use flash memory) so your tamas should be fine.

Magnets only really affect magnetic storage i.e. harddrives, magnetic strips on credit cards etc... Tamagotchis don't have magnetic storage (they use flash memory) so your tamas should be fine.
And in addition to that, the sorts of displays that could be harmed by magnets were old cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions and computer-monitors, and those are long since out-of-production and would never have been found on a device like a Tamagotchi to begin with. ;)

Also, I don't imagine that the magnet on a bag closure is strong enough to potentially be harmful to any electronics that one would commonly carry in such a bag, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both of you guys! I'm a photoshop artist, I don't know much about electronics, so when I hear "Magnets can harm [x]" I have no reference to what's true and what's not. I've learned many things today!

You did the right thing by being cautious and asking about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back