Pogostix

Can magnet snaps harm a Tamagotchi?

My old purse died an honorable death, but when I tried to revive it as a duct-tape zombie my mother was not impressed and made me buy a new one. The old one closed with velcro, but the new one uses a magnet snap. I know that's safe for smartphones and such, but I didn't stop to think about how that might affect a Tamagotchi.

I don't really want to experiment with my Tamas and magnets to find out, so I was wondering if anyone here might know? Thanks :wub:

Magnets only really affect magnetic storage i.e. harddrives, magnetic strips on credit cards etc... Tamagotchis don't have magnetic storage (they use flash memory) so your tamas should be fine.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Eggiweg said:

Magnets only really affect magnetic storage i.e. harddrives, magnetic strips on credit cards etc... Tamagotchis don't have magnetic storage (they use flash memory) so your tamas should be fine.

And in addition to that, the sorts of displays that could be harmed by magnets were old cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions and computer-monitors, and those are long since out-of-production and would never have been found on a device like a Tamagotchi to begin with. ;)

Also, I don't imagine that the magnet on a bag closure is strong enough to potentially be harmful to any electronics that one would commonly carry in such a bag, really.

Edited by Penguin-keeper
  • Like 2

Thanks both of you guys! I'm a photoshop artist, I don't know much about electronics, so when I hear "Magnets can harm [x]" I have no reference to what's true and what's not. I've learned many things today!

• Like 2

You did the right thing by being cautious and asking about it. :)

2 hours ago, Penguin-keeper said:

You did the right thing by being cautious and asking about it. :)

I'd rather ask, and look a little foolish for not knowing, instead of making a mistake and actually being foolish for not asking.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Save_Tamagotchis
      I started out with 60kb, then it was 0.04mb and now its 0.02mb. With it going lower and lower will I just not be able to post pictures anymore?
      Is there a way to put pictures on my log or this site without worrying about file size besides posting the URL to the picture?
    • By charliemunchie
      I have a Magical Green Meets ver. and I just wanna to know how long take to grow up to the adult stage, since my Tamagotchi is in the child stage now. I'm a very impatient guy, so I can't wait too much anyway. 
      Also, I wanna to know if my Meets have an type of problem on it, and I'm afraid to pick the don't-grow problem on it.
    • By Kyndig
      How much content is there in a meets? As in how long everyday am I going to be looking at it? How long can I spend playing with it etc can I spend an entire hour doing things? Thanks!
    • By raichuu
      Hello!
      So, a friend of mine dug around her house and pulled up an old Tamagotchi she had from a long time ago. She popped in some batteries, and it's actually working just fine [except for the A button being a bit hard to press].

However; my friend just wants to know which version her Tamagotchi is, and why can't she find this specific shell design online?
      It's obviously pretty faded from age and wear, but we can kind of guess it's a rainbow-ish? Sort of thing that's going on?
      She also wants to know if others have this particular design!

Here's the image!
    • By raichuu
      So, I've been running my Tamagotchi mini for about two weeks now, and have been enjoying it to the best of my ability.
      The problem is that I've gotten Nyorotchi three times now, despite being really attentive and careful with the babies. [The second time actually, not so much, I purposely tried to neglect it and stuff— then it ended up dying—]
      This time around, the Marutchi hasn't even gotten sick, but he still turned into Nyorotchi.

Is this supposed to happen?
      Or am I doing something wrong?

The first time I thought that maybe I had overfed him which resulted in Nyorotchi —

But now I'm just thinking that Nyorotchi and Oyajitchi are the only other characters besides Marutchi?
    • By Ninomitchi
      Hello! I'm starting to collect Tamagotchi after so many years without caring about it. My last Tamagotchi was a V4 one, so it's been a while since then!
      I'm planning on starting with a M!X one, as I love the character mix concept! However, I don't know which version to pick...
      The most important thing & the one that will make me go with x version is that it includes Mimitchi on it. Mimitchi is my favorite Tamacharacter, so I'd love to start with her.
      I've checked a chart with the available M!X versions and which characters do they include, and Mimitchi only seems to appear in the 20th Anniversary one. However, I don't know if this means that she's raisable ONLY in the 20th Anniversary, if she's only available for mixing my Tamagotchi with her (aka she's non-raisable) OR that she doesn't appear at all on the rest of versions. This is the chart I've checked: http://www.vpets.org/images/guides/Sanrio-Mix/MixVersionList.png
      I've also read that there was a new Tamagotchi M!X coming on November but I don't know anything about it.
      So yeah, tl;dr, my question is: Does Mimitchi only appear in the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi M!X as a raisable Tamagotchi?​ Or does she appear in any other newer M!X Tamagotchi? (Like the one coming out soon)?
      I also want to know where can I find Tamagotchis available for my future purchases. Thanks!