Whats your least favorite Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrungo

Reaction score
Most Tamagotchi are solid, and the ones ive played are all super fun! but there has to be at least one in your collection that isnt a favorable choice when you're trying to decide what to run.

For me it has to be the Connection V3. While I like all the evolution of Tamas, and im a sucker for the whole connection gimmick, the games it has are so time consuming. "Get ♪" is SO time consuming and takes a lot of focus, especially since its so slow. The next game you unlock after that, "Bump" I cant for the life of me figure out and I always seem to lose!  So because of that I never find myself running it because how much I dislike the games.  :angry:

What about you guys?

I agree with @Mimitchi06, I find tamagotchi friends a bit boring  :(

Also Tama-Go wasn’t what I expected, I didn’t like that you need to get more figures to be able to have more fun with it!

These are the least two versions that I think are least entertaining. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to be a bit of a grumpy git and say: Anything Connection and beyond, barring the Minis/Nanos/re-releases. :p

I don't enjoy the excessive complexity (why are these guys training for specific jobs and going to work and raising families but still pooping all over the floor?) or the lack of a complete life-cycle; They shifted into being nigh-invincible virtual friends at some point, and that's not what interests me about these devices - I'm interested in the raising and the evolutions.

The Tama Go is my least favorite. The shell is bulky by itself, but adding the figure on top of it? It was so difficult to fit in my pocket and I imagine women's pockets would be impossible to fit it in.

I’m not a big fan of the 4U. Yes, I have one but it’s seriously bare. It’s almost impossible to try anything “New” because you Seriosly need another 4U, a Touch Card, Or the app or your Basically left with a Tamagotchi That has basically the same programming as the Friends. It was really a waste of money!

Get ♪" is SO time consuming and takes a lot of focus, especially since its so slow. The next game you unlock after that, "Bump" I cant for the life of me figure out and I always seem to lose!
Agreed! Some Tamagotchi games make me feel as blind as a bat because I have no idea what I’m doing! 

One of those being the “Mimic” on the Friends. None of my close friend group could figure it out!

The Tama Go is my least favorite. The shell is bulky by itself, but adding the figure on top of it? 
It’s kind of a similar situation to the ON and it’s outrageous Packaging.

The Tamago was aimed at younger children, so a bulkier Shell would be easier for little hands. Also because it would be more attractive sitting on shelves, making more people want to buy it.

Most disliked would be the Tamagotchi Friends, Tamago, the v5, and the music star.

The TF and Tamago: I have no problem with greyscale tamagotchi. Some of my favorites are just that. It didn't work well with these two Tamagotchi though. The rooms were just to busy and blended the tama on screen into it. Game play was 't really all that fun on them either. The TamaFriends is most hated for me, mine came with horrible buttons. I also hated that they didn't even bother to program a reset or download feature. (a must for a tamagotchi now)

V5 and Music star: Just didn't care about raising these. I did however find some of the animations cute on the music star when your tama had a baby with it.

I have to say that it's Tamagotchi Connection v2 for me. It was a hit and a miss. My husband is playing one right now and he gets so aggravated at the games--they really don't make sense. The timing has to be so perfect that it's excruciating for both the Bump game and the Jump game. It's really not clear or intuitive at all how to play them! You end up feeding your guy a lot of snacks just so you can keep trying again. I think my favorite was v4.5 in terms of variety of games and characters. (That said, I haven't picked up any past the v5 yet. I'm waiting to open my Tamagotchi On until my husband gets his green one and we can start them together.)

I don't particularly like the body designs for any of the newer versions so I haven't picked them up.

Though I have to say I really do enjoy the strange character adult that he got in v2, the Whaletchi, which is only in the English version. It looks like a huge whale with a mustache and it's just so needy and awful, I really love it. 

Agree about the v5, it also takes so long to build up family bonds for the special families.

My least favorite is the V5. The characters are cute, but:

-The games are super boring, difficult and time consuming. I prefer fed them candy to make them happy. 

-The design of kuchipatchi is different and not-so-cute looking :c

I didn't play much Tamagotchi and I currently don't really have a version I hate, but I'd say the V4 is the one I disliked the most.

I feel like there are too much useless features like jobs and this mailbox, UGH. You receive pointless letters several times a day (it makes noises...) and your Tamagotchi gets dragged everywhere without you understanding why until you read the manual. I also don't really enjoy the evolution system, based on skills points. With something like this, you can totally control which adult you will get and it's pretty boring... Sure it's not a bad Tamagotchi and there are also great things on it, but you can feel they tried to make it so complex that it becomes kind of annoying.

I'd say that my least favorite that I own is my Friends. I don't like how you have to do specific things to get the characters you want. I haven't run mine that much. The Dream Town version on the other hand, is MUCH better. There's a lot more games and much easier ways to get the right characters. The shell designs are much prettier too!

I’m not a big fan of the 4U. Yes, I have one but it’s seriously bare. It’s almost impossible to try anything “New” because you Seriosly need another 4U, a Touch Card, Or the app or your Basically left with a Tamagotchi That has basically the same programming as the Friends. It was really a waste of money!

Agreed! Some Tamagotchi games make me feel as blind as a bat because I have no idea what I’m doing! 

One of those being the “Mimic” on the Friends. None of my close friend group could figure it 
Honestly, Friends is probably my least favourite tamagotchi in my collection for mostly these reasons.  The "Bump" feature is really cool but if you don't have another tama to bump with, it's pretty useless. 

The games were definitely confusing. I only discovered how to play mimic after countless attempts and even then, the game proved difficult. The digital background was quite cool but yet so completely colourless. It's also way more bulky in it's design than the older tamas, making it much harder to fit as nicely into your pocket. :hitodetchi:

The V5 however, was an absolute masterpiece. ^_^  

The last time I ran my Music Star, I found it oddly complicated. The stress counter especially, it felt like I had to constantly play the games since the character started playing on their instrument on their own all the time, and that indeed raised their stress level.

I haven't tried anything after the connections. I feel like those are missing the point in some way... I don't really want different locations inside the egg and the colours and added things... Nah. All of those are my least favorite.

I also tried the Forever Tamagotchi app... That also took something away from the feeling of Tamagotchi.

Right now I play Genjintch. The gen1 was my first, actually, it was my dads but I used it.

I think v5 is the last good Tamagotchi for me. UraTama might have been better.

The last time I ran my Music Star, I found it oddly complicated. The stress counter especially, it felt like I had to constantly play the games since the character started playing on their instrument on their own all the time, and that indeed raised their stress level.
Right. I feel like the developers who made this wasn't really Tamagotchi players.

I showed my Music Star to a Japanese friend. They don't have it over there. She's going to get one in Ebay.

I don't really want different locations inside the egg
Oh man, this is one thing that really throws me about the colour ones, and I'm so glad that you mentioned it. :lol:

The original toys were supposed to be a home for the alien creatures that couldn't survive in Earth's atmosphere, and somehow they now contain an entire world, complete with an entire world's worth of other individuals/items/etc., too? That feels immersion-breaking, to me. :p

The original toys were supposed to be a home for the alien creatures that couldn't survive in Earth's atmosphere,
I agree!

They should have made them into advanced houses or something. There is no background story with the professor about how this came to be. If those Tamagotchis where games on consoles it would be different...

Tamagotchi On does look like it might be fun, but still I think about how there is so many places in the egg.

One of those being the “Mimic” on the Friends. None of my close friend group could figure it out!
I like Mimic. You need to press the button when both tamagotchi's make the same pose. Miss twice in the same round and you lose.

But yes,

Even though I haven’t played on one, the Friends doesn’t really appeal to me. The characters are too girly and I don’t get why we couldn’t have gotten the iD L instead.
the Friends is kinda bad. Wish I didn't pass on my opportunity to get a m!x two years ago 😢

My guess as to why they made the Friends is because they did some stupid market research and discovered that the average Western adult scoffs at paying €50-€60, so they made a budget model, even though these people still scoff at €20-€30, and most of the people who did buy the Friends would probably have bought the iD L too. It took Bandai this long to realise that.

Oh man, this is one thing that really throws me about the colour ones, and I'm so glad that you mentioned it. :lol:

The original toys were supposed to be a home for the alien creatures that couldn't survive in Earth's atmosphere, and somehow they now contain an entire world, complete with an entire world's worth of other individuals/items/etc., too? That feels immersion-breaking, to me. :p
I agree!

They should have made them into advanced houses or something. There is no background story with the professor about how this came to be. If those Tamagotchis where games on consoles it would be different...

Tamagotchi On does look like it might be fun, but still I think about how there is so many places in the egg.
Huh, I didn't know that was the original story. I've always seen the egg as a console.

Tama-Go, seems like they just locked all the content that used to be there(is allready on the ROM) behind a paywall :-:

My guess as to why they made the Friends is because they did some stupid market research and discovered that the average Western adult scoffs at paying €50-€60, so they made a budget model, even though these people still scoff at €20-€30, and most of the people who did buy the Friends would probably have bought the iD L too. It took Bandai this long to realise that.
It wouldn't surprise me if you've hit the nail on the head, here. It certainly explains why we're not getting the On over here, too. 😕

Huh, I didn't know that was the original story. I've always seen the egg as a console.
If you've ever seen the professor and assistant characters from the early Japanese packaging/instructions, and spin-offs like the early video games, they're from that same lore. You can read a summary of it on the Tamagotchi Wiki page for Professor Banzo. :)

Reactions: Joc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back