Sign in to follow this  
Scrungo

Whats your least favorite Tamagotchi?

On 7/30/2019 at 12:12 AM, KidRetro64 said:

Agreed! Some Tamagotchi games make me feel as blind as a bat because I have no idea what I’m doing! 

One of those being the “Mimic” on the Friends. None of my close friend group could figure it out!

I like Mimic. You need to press the button when both tamagotchi's make the same pose. Miss twice in the same round and you lose.

But yes,

On 7/26/2019 at 12:01 AM, Mimitchi06 said:

Even though I haven’t played on one, the Friends doesn’t really appeal to me. The characters are too girly and I don’t get why we couldn’t have gotten the iD L instead.

the Friends is kinda bad. Wish I didn't pass on my opportunity to get a m!x two years ago 😢

My guess as to why they made the Friends is because they did some stupid market research and discovered that the average Western adult scoffs at paying €50-€60, so they made a budget model, even though these people still scoff at €20-€30, and most of the people who did buy the Friends would probably have bought the iD L too. It took Bandai this long to realise that.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:57 PM, Penguin-keeper said:

Oh man, this is one thing that really throws me about the colour ones, and I'm so glad that you mentioned it. :lol:

The original toys were supposed to be a home for the alien creatures that couldn't survive in Earth's atmosphere, and somehow they now contain an entire world, complete with an entire world's worth of other individuals/items/etc., too? That feels immersion-breaking, to me. :P

On 8/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, Odourman said:

I agree!

They should have made them into advanced houses or something. There is no background story with the professor about how this came to be. If those Tamagotchis where games on consoles it would be different...

Tamagotchi On does look like it might be fun, but still I think about how there is so many places in the egg.

Huh, I didn't know that was the original story. I've always seen the egg as a console.

Edited by Jop
  • Like 1

Tama-Go, seems like they just locked all the content that used to be there(is allready on the ROM) behind a paywall :-:

Edited by SilicaAndPina
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jop said:

My guess as to why they made the Friends is because they did some stupid market research and discovered that the average Western adult scoffs at paying €50-€60, so they made a budget model, even though these people still scoff at €20-€30, and most of the people who did buy the Friends would probably have bought the iD L too. It took Bandai this long to realise that.

It wouldn't surprise me if you've hit the nail on the head, here. It certainly explains why we're not getting the On over here, too. 😕

11 hours ago, Jop said:

Huh, I didn't know that was the original story. I've always seen the egg as a console.

If you've ever seen the professor and assistant characters from the early Japanese packaging/instructions, and spin-offs like the early video games, they're from that same lore. You can read a summary of it on the Tamagotchi Wiki page for Professor Banzo. :)

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:36 PM, Penguin-keeper said:

It wouldn't surprise me if you've hit the nail on the head, here. It certainly explains why we're not getting the On over here, too. 😕

If you've ever seen the professor and assistant characters from the early Japanese packaging/instructions, and spin-offs like the early video games, they're from that same lore. You can read a summary of it on the Tamagotchi Wiki page for Professor Banzo. :)

Thanks. I don't think most versions are supposed to take place in a capsule. The predators in Tamagotchi Ocean and Garden also need to come from somewhere else, so the newer instalments haven't made a departure in this regard.

Edited by Jop
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, SilicaAndPina said:

Tama-Go, seems like they just locked all the content that used to be there(is allready on the ROM) behind a paywall :-:

Only the 2 figurines that were included with the device trigger content that's already in the device itself. The other figurines that you had to purchase separately, carry their own data. They only released 12 figurines because of the v7/Tama-Go's commercial failure, but they originally planned to release over 50 of them, and that would probably not have fitted in the ROM.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 5:59 AM, Jop said:

Only the 2 figurines that were included with the device trigger content that's already in the device itself. The other figurines that you had to purchase separately, carry their own data. They only released 12 figurines because of the v7/Tama-Go's commercial failure, but they originally planned to release over 50 of them, and that would probably not have fitted in the ROM.

it all loads the same states that are all burned into the ROM anyway ;)

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, Mimitchi06 said:

Even though I haven’t played on one, the Friends doesn’t really appeal to me. The characters are too girly and I don’t get why we couldn’t have gotten the iD L instead.

YESSS!!! the friends is one of my least favorites! 

• Like 1

I think my Tamago's are the least played, primarily because of how bulky they are.  But the little character pieces were what attracted me to adding it to the collection.  I mostly set them all up on display and rarely play it.  I also dislike one of the first faceplates that didn't protect the center screen since I was always worried something might scratch it 😕

• Like 1