Is anyone else picking up a Switch Lite?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin-keeper

Reaction score
As fellow TamaTalkers might have heard, Nintendo will be releasing a minor revision of the Switch at the end of September, known as the Switch Lite.

The Switch Lite is not dockable and will be handheld-mode only, and has been created in response to just how many people play in handheld-mode on the existing model, though it can also be paired with external wireless controllers as well if need be.

It'll be launching in grey, turquoise, and yellow, and there'll also be a limited-edition design based around the Pokemon Sword & Shield legendaries, Zacian and Zamazenta.

I pretty much exclusively play my Switch in handheld-mode, so moving over to a Switch Lite makes good sense for me, and I plan on picking up a yellow one. Will anybody else be doing the same? If so, which colour will you be picking up, or are you hoping to see a particular look offered before you go for it?

idk. i lost mine and i'd rather get a whole one than some thing where i have to bux extra controllers for people to play 2p.

This is great!

I was really hesitant to get a Switch when it first came out, but I think they did a good job by making it a handheld mode only, which suits me and so many others. Will definitely consider buying the Turquoise one!  :blink:

Not for me, since I have this odd thing where I have to enjoy something at the biggest screen possible, so I usually try to play my Switch on the docked mode otherwise I feel like I'm "missing out". I guess I'm kind of an excessive person and I always try to get something with the largest amount of features possible, I'm not proud of it lol

That said, I'm happy that Nintendo made one. Wish it was cheaper than it is though, it's only like 100$ cheaper? But guess it's understandable. A lot of people who couldn't afford the original or didn't find the concept too accessible can get one now! That does make me happy.

Since I have sworn to get every Animal Crossing hardware out there, if the bundled hardware with New Horizons happens to be Switch Lite, I will get it. The original plan was to get the hardware bundle and sell my original Switch to a friend, but it will be Lite I will keep both of them. The original Switch isn't all that handheld friendly considering how huge it is so I would use the Lite for trips where I'd be too nervous to take my normal Switch.

I will definitely get myself a Nintendo Switch Lite!!
I'm more of a handheld person, and I like that it's a cheaper alternative to the original Switch. [I am a broke soul...😔]

I like the colors that they have atm, but I do hope they'll come out with more! Would love to see one in purple or in pink!
But the plan when it comes out is to go for the turquoise!!

I'm really digging that yellow color because... cheese.  :p
Whatever switch I end up getting will pretty much be an Animal Crossing machine, so no real need to hook it up to the TV. The only reason I'd want to take the controllers off would be because I have chronic pain and keeping my arms still makes it worse. Well, I still have months to decide.

hoyRSy5.jpg

Well, here it is! :D

8psr4Ct.jpg

I was not prepared for how much smaller than the standard model of the Switch the Switch Lite actually is - it's really very small and light. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you find handheld-mode on the existing version to be cramped! This isn't an issue for me, but I know that it will be for some, so be sure to check out an in-store demo unit if you're unsure about whether this variant is a suitable size for you.

I've also found that it seems to charge more quickly, and seems to download content more quickly while in sleep-mode, too, which is a nice bonus. :D

Latest posts

Back