Anyone else playing earthbound?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimitchi06

Reaction score
What the title says. I just like discussing games with people.

Last night I got my 6th melody. Checked my total play time, it’s somewhere around 18 hours. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, I’m not sure. Before you get too worried, it’s the time in total- I didn’t sit around for 18 hours playing in one sitting. 

I have the mini snes, so it’s easier to play on there than an emulator. I guess it’s like a nintendo-approved emulator though?

A bit unrelated, but I’m also playing mother 3. If the phone emulator didn’t have to be verified every month, then I’d be farther than chapter 7.

(After fighting the plague rat, I missed getting the bazooka for Jeff. Oh well, maybe I can go back and get it...)

I started playing EarthBound on the SNES Mini, but my run ended up trailing off, simply because I find playing on a handheld to be more convenient than having to be stuck near to a television set, and the SNES Mini doesn't allow for that.

Now that SNES games are being offered as part of the Nintendo Switch Online service, I'm hoping that we'll see EarthBound added to that collection soon. When that happens, I'll be looking forward to giving it a fair shake.

In a way, though, it's almost a shame that these preservations which are accurate enough to a true end-user experience from back in the day, leave out and gloss over the existence of the utterly devious anti-piracy methods that were included in the original game;

The things that they included in order to foil those pirating their games were quite remarkable, and are fascinating to look at today. (Kirby's Dream Course, which was made at around the same time, also has similar routines to EarthBound, for this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back