mame_city_mayhem510

Tamagotchi Friends Buttons

Hey guys,

So one thing I've noticed about my Tamagotchi Friends device is that the buttons do not always respond the first time I press them. I've never had this problem with any of my previous tamas with the smaller buttons so I'm not sure whether it's just my device or whether it's all Tamagotchi Friends? :huh:

Try cleaning the buttons and contacts with isopropyl alcohol.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eggiweg said:

Thanks for the advice! I'll give this a try.:ichigotchi:

2 hours ago, Eggiweg said:

That is an option, but the Friends is notoriously known for the plastic buttons not always making good contact with the board. So in this case, I don’t think cleaning will help in some circumstances. It’s just the way Bandai manufactured the Friends, and we cant do anything about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KidRetro64 said:

That is an option, but the Friends is notoriously known for the plastic buttons not always making good contact with the board. So in this case, I don’t think cleaning will help in some circumstances. It’s just the way Bandai manufactured the Friends, and we cant do anything about it.

Ah okay. Thanks KidRetro64.:)

I thought that might be the case to be honest. I've seen more threads on here about this issue so I already assumed that this was a stupid mistake on Bandai's behalf. I'll try cleaning the buttons but yeah, I do think that it could just be a manufacturing mistake. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with Kid, I just got my first Friends the other day and noticed immediately the poor connection with the buttons.. I have to press super hard in order to not crash the car every time :D’ 

• Thanks 1