Sign in to follow this  
fluffie.peach

Which should I buy?

Hello! I've always wanted a tamagotchi p since they came out when I was a kid. I have the opportunity to buy one but I was also considering to purchase a tamagotchi meets. 

I only have enough money for one since I'm only 17 (and from the Philippines which makes them extra pricey unfortunately) so I wanted advice on which would be better. 

Can you guys tell me some positives and negatives of each so I can make an informed decision? (I was also wondering if the meets has a school feature like the tamagotchi p & if I put this in the right topic) 

The meets does not have a school feature.

Tamagotchi P's is very customisable and there is a lot of custom content for it.  It's more of a "traditional" tamagotchi where care levels actually affect growth. http://mrblinky.net/tama/vdp/index.html#vdp-plus

The meets/ON has the advantage that you can continously m!x genes and there is no real end to the game.  You can also connect to the app and marry characters there.  There's also the myMeets app which can be used to get Japan-exclusive items.

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Penguin-keeper
      I had originally felt burned by the Tamagotchi Meets when I first imported it, and I put it aside in irritation without going beyond the first generation. Recently, after enjoying so many Tamagotchi Meets/On logs around here, I felt that it was worth giving it another chance, so I grabbed some good batteries and started over, and soon grew to enjoy the device for what it is. The colour Tamagotchis represent a separate evolutionary line - their structure and gameplay are clearly descended from the Tamagotchi Game Boy game from 1997 - and I find that it helps to keep this in mind. That said, I still prefer the simpler Tamagotchis like the vintage devices and their re-releases, and the more recent Mini and Nano-based releases, as they're less time-consuming.
      So here I am, starting a new log. I have previously found standard logging to be too time-consuming, so my focus here will be pictures of the parents and of their fully-grown offspring. For now, I'll be running my pink Fairy Version Meets, but I'm keeping an eye out to see if any more versions are localised, as I would like to support the English-language On releases, too. I have no interest in using the mobile app, so that won't be featured here, and I'll be skipping the baby, toddler, and teen stages, as I'm most interested in the final results of each pairing. I may also include pictures of new additions to my collection every now and then, such as the upcoming Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Tamagotchi, but I most likely won't be logging those.
      So, without further ado, here's why this log is titled as it is: My first generation Tamagotchi was a male Gozarutchi. I changed his colour to pale yellow by feeding him five lemon pies at the restaurant, and shortly after that I had him marry Lovelitchi. They made a very cute couple!
      I'm actually not the biggest fan of Lovelitchi (I find her to be a bit on the generic-cutesy side), but it was obvious that the two's offspring would grow up to look adorable, and sure enough, they did;

Here's a picture showing Gozarutchi and Lovelitchi, along with their twin daughters, Lemonitchi and Pietchi - so named because of how recent Gozarutchi's dessert-induced colour-change had been at the time. They both turned out exactly how I expected them to, which was fun. They also both inherited their father's pale yellow colour, even though, at birth, Lemonitchi was yellow and Pietchi was white. The only difference between them as adults is that Lemonitchi's bag is white, and Pietchi's is yellow.
      I'm planning to have Lemonitchi marry Kikitchi sometime tomorrow, so my next update will be once the next generation is fully grown. See you then!
    • By rose
      This is a modern tamagotchi group hatch which starts on the 1st of April 2020. 
      The versions which can join are versions from the past four years.
      Tamagotchi M!x (Melody, Spacy, Sanrio, Anniversary) Tamagotchi Meets (Magical, Fairy, Pastel, Sanrio, Fantasy, Sweets) Tamagotchi On (Magical, Fairy) Let me know who's joining and I'll make the log thread on the day
      I'll be entering with my Magical On.  
      Love you all,
      Rose
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Alright, so I've played the Catching Flowers game on the Tamagotchi App many, many times and have not once gotten 1000+ points to get the rare item. This led me to wonder, is it even possible? I've searched online to see if anyone else has achieved this, and those that have have said that it took them 20+ tries. I decided to try a bit for myself to see how the points add up, and if theres any correlation or if the game is just rigged up until a certain point.

I only played the game 17 times, as it took up to 22 minutes and I had other things I had to do. Anyways, this chart shows my findings for 17 games in a row. 
      Points to note:
      Out of 17 games, only 2 had 1000+ points available to collect. There is an increase in score from games 1-3 and 10-12. Rocks don't seem to lower the amount of flowers available to catch in the next game. On game 15, the amount of flowers caught don't add up to 590, even though that is the score I received in the end. It seems the game glitched, as I hit a rock and caught a Cherry Blossom flower at the same time. So what does any of this mean?
      Most likely, nothing. It seems that scores fluctuate, getting 1000+ points is rare, and the game is ultimately random.
      Sadly, this is unfair. The game is 100% chance, which means that some players could NEVER get the rare item. There is a similar case for the other game, Tamagotchi Restaurant. Although this game isn't random, you have to have lightning precision and reflexes. Maybe I'm just a bad player, but I play this game religiously to farm GP and I still haven't gotten 1000+ points yet. 
      Ultimately I think it would be best if there was an update where the games were more reasonable? Here's what I'm thinking:
      Tamagotchi Restaurant:
      Have specific characters ask for specific dishes to make it more predictable and therefore easier to select to rack up 1000+ points. OR
      Since the characters loop back around after completing their orders, have them just repeat their orders to make it more predictable. Make all dishes appear from the beginning.  
      Catching Flowers:
      Always have flowers with a combined total of 1000+ points appear. OR
      Have each game's total amount of points increase until 1000+ points are available. I'd say games 1-5 increase in points until game 5 has 1000+ points available. If you hit a rock, the increase in points per game should restart.  
      Welp, what does everyone else think? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

(Video of my 17-game run for evidence!)
    • By GinaJinSarang
      Hey, Tama Lovers!!! My name is Gina! I have been part of this forum for a while!   Content removed - topics promoting personal links are not allowed. Sorry! --Penguin-keeper
    • By lovelytama
      im planning to get a tamagotchi p (if i can find one in good condition) and id like for it to be in english. i know theres tons of tutorials online explaining it but just for the sake of convenience id prefer if it was in english. ive figured out most of it but im not sure what i need for the infrared transfer. my main concern is that i have a mac and im not sure what would be compatible with it. id prefer to go with the usb dongle method as opposed to the phone or old laptop method because its way cheaper (from what ive seen). i know there are some premade devices with downloads but im not totally sure how they work. if anyone has suggestions for mac compatible tools that would be great! thanks so much ଘ(*ˊᵕˋ*)* ̀ˋ
    • By *CrazyChick*
      I couldn't find a thread like it so I decided to come over here and post this, if this is in the wrong area I apologize in advance. I noticed there was a friend feature on the app and that not many folks talk about it, so I wanted to collect as many "friends" possible on the app to learn more about it and maybe see if it is a useful too. Or maybe none of this is necessary. Anyways Ill post my code, and feel free to add me, I love seeing everyone's little Tamas!